Class of 2023 TAMU Engineering at Galveston

@MomHopesNxtGenAg Yeah I got how to activate my texas a&m email but am still waiting on ais to update for tsi. Guess I`ll give it a few days. Thanks!

@Thelma2 @MomHopesNxtGenAg Do you guys recommend to join the engineering living learning community freshman year of engineering? Are there any major benefits as a member of this community than those that are not? Also where can you live if you want to join because I have heard different residence halls for it and am kind of confused?

I think they are useful @sma1234 You will get out of it, what you put into it. Being involved is important and a lot of kids don’t take that to heart. They think it will all fall into place and happen naturally like it did in grade school but it is so much different. However, in GV, because you are with a smaller group, you will see the same people more often.
I do not know which residence hall it is in at GV. In CStat, it is Mosher, Aston and Dunn or maybe Kruger. It was only Mosher my kids freshman year. The LLC is only freshman year.

There is no LLC for engineering at Galveston. There are some LLC’s for other majors but not engineering. It’s a small group, and you will soon get to know each other through classes and in the dining hall, clubs, etc.

@Thelma2 @MomHopesNxtGenAg @sma1234 We went to Galveston Engineering Preview day at the end of March. They are going to have a LLC for Engineering in the Maritime Academy this fall. 100 students I think that the deadline to register for it was March 31st.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg thank you for starting it has been very helpful

@fouraggies Thank you so much for letting everyone know about the Engineering LLC at TAMUG. Maritime Academy Hall is a really nice building. It would be great to hear experience about this LLC!

There are a lot of TAMUG students who have a surprising amount of trouble with some of the freshman engineering-related classes, particularly math and science classes. An LLC might be a good way to get extra peer support. Regardless, always be willing to ask for help from your peers, professors, TAs, Supplemental Instruction mentors, etc.-- whoever you can!

If anyone missed the March 31 deadline and believes they might be interested, I would contact TAMUG Residential Living right away and ask if it’s truly too late. It’s always worth a try in this kind of situation.

Thank you for sharing your experience with TAMUG @MomHopesNxtGenAg.
My son US citizen studying in India got accepted to TAMUG, UTD, UTArlington & Texas Tech for Mechanical Engineering. Since we are a bustling city Bangalore, I am a bit confused about taking TAMUG offer compared to UTD. Also thinking about the probability of him not meeting the transfer requirements for College Station, he is definitely not interested in Marine Bio or Ocean engineering. I am also thinking TAMU is a very big school compared to UTD and has very fewer scholarship opportunities. So considering all these we seem to be more included to UTD, appreciate any comments on pros and cons of selecting UTD over TAMUG