Class of 2023 - Too late to be recruited for women's soccer?

Thanks for the correction from the actual rulebook! What I had found and quoted from the NCAA from this link was not as clear: Initial-Eligibility Rules Involving Tryouts - NCAA.org

1 Like

The NCAA is not noted for its clear communication style :rofl:

I would look at game film and see how the team plays. Identify current players that play her position. Who are the starters? Subs? Practice players? Minutes equal how the coach values the players. Who is coming in? WSOC team should be releasing new recruits list for '23. Where does she fit in the team? Most likely the coach is making the '24 list, so they might be busy.

Often, these teams have 30+ players on the roster. Can your D deal if she plays junk minutes or no minutes and still handle the workouts and time commitment?

If she can attend an ID camp, she should ask. Recruited/roster players do come in about 2 weeks earlier and train 2 times a day. So, she needs to know if she can come in early or figure out when open tryouts are.

This is really important. She must be in game ready shape. Full 90 minutes. My D just finished up her club league and joined a summer league. Pre-season fitness goals such as D3 level beep or yo-yo tests. They will set up fitness goals for the pre-season. Good luck!

2 Likes

I agree with this and suggest OP’s D asks the coach for the summer training regimen s/he sent to the players.

1 Like