Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Congratulations @AmyIzzy on the CCPA acceptance.

@tripletmama I understand the pain in the butt. Mine is just like me lol. So we clash sometimes from being very stubborn but I will die when he leaves home.

Just now got another financial aid email. These schools are working late. But still nothing from the school we really want to hear from. Surprisingly, the 100% need school gave us less than the non-100% need school. So the offers are good. Just hoping Top choice comes in at least close.

S got a FULL RIDE to the music school at Syracuse. $52k a year. We are in shock.

@akapiratequeen : Awesome news on Syracuse !!

@akapiratequeen YAY!!! way to go! we have not heard from any but one :frowning:

@akapiratequeen Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations to you and your S! That is truly amazing! I am sooo happy for you!!

Well, my son received an email from Carnegie Mellon. It’s not an acceptance and it’s complicated since he’s aiming for their Computer Science program.

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that your recent application to the School of Music’s Viola Performance: BXA - Bachelor of Computer Science & Arts program for fall 2019 has been given a positive review by the School of Music faculty. This is an acknowledgement of your musical achievement and the faculty’s confidence in your artistic potential. We are recommending that the Office of Undergraduate Admission give your application every consideration.

A successful application to the School of Music is the first step in the admission process. All official admission decisions are released by the Office of Admission on March 30 and are contingent upon the holistic review of admission credentials (such as high school performance, standardized testing, letters of recommendation, etc.) previously submitted to the Office of Admission.

Carnegie Mellon University is a place for forward thinking artists and scholars. We believe you have the capacity to take your place among them and make a positive impact on the arts.

On behalf of the School of Music we appreciate your patience as you wait for your official admission decision from Carnegie Mellon. Should you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact me. Again, congratulations on your successful application to the School of Music.

I got that email last year for voice! the audition is 90% of the admissions process. id say theres a very very good chance your son is accepted for BXA. at the very least he’d get in for viola.

@pdxtigermom my D received a similar email as a VP major! My understanding is that means you are basically accepted to CMU. Congrats! This is one of my D’s top choices so it made her day!

@akapiratequeen, that is fantastic!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! You must be over the moon!! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations @AmyIzzy @akapiratequeen and @UniversityMomOf2 and boy that sounds promising @pdxtigermom!!! All such incredible news :slight_smile:

@turnerk thanks!

im a current voice student! if you have any questions about the program you can reach out to me!! congrats!

@turnerk I’ll! Thanks!

@AmyIzzy @akapiratequeen and @UniversityMomOf2 congratulations!!! That full ride sounds great too! Wonderful news!!! @pdxtigermom hope that email you received leads the way to and accepted email. Way to go!

@AmyIzzy - congrats on CCPA!!! (is that Chicago?).

@UniversityMomof2 - so strange on the need vs. non-need school - but sounds like good scholarships so that’s the fabulous news!

@akapiratequeen - just when you thought you knew where he was going to go!!! Wowser!!! That’s amazing!

@pdxtigermom - sounds like he is nearly there at CMU! Congrats!!!

Wow! So exciting everyone… @akapiratequeen - FULL RIDE so awesome! @pdxtigermom - sounds super promising for CMU (and they also have an excellent CS program).

@akapiratequeen THAT IS PHENOMENAL!!! Congratulations!!! All the hard work paid off.

@pdxtigermom I’m giving you an early but tentative congratulations to CMU but sounds like it’s in the bag.

I’m so happy for the both of you.

Lastly we just got our final and most anticipated acceptance at 7:00 pm. So we are over the moon at the acceptance to the BM program at his number one choice of Lawrence. Just hope the numbers fall in line. It will be soul crushing for me to tell my kid he can’t go. Honestly I would have been happy with a deferral to BA acceptance (only school I would have given contemplation to that route). So glad he was given the full BM admit. This is where he said if he gets in, he wants to double major in music education and flute performance. It’s the only school he wanted to do that at. So our journey to acceptance is completed thanks to the advice and encouragement of all you CC families. Now comes the waiting on the numbers game that we all dread.

@UniversityMomOf2 wonderful news on Lawrence! Hope the rest of it falls in line with your expectations.

@UniversityMomOf2 - CONGRATS!!! I love it when their #1 choice comes through. I’m sure you are all doing the happy dance. (so no numbers yet? - that’s a tease…but I’m sure it will work out).

No FA package as yet, but our state school just came through exactly where I thought it would… zero, zip, zilch, nada. No surprise. They are notoriously stingy and now that they started the guaranteed free tuition program for families making $65,000 or less they have even less to give. I don’t know where they decide the numbers. If you make $10,000 more (which is much less after taxes), you pay $30k. At UIC it’s $150,000 for a family of four and 3.8 unweighted GPA you go for free. Too bad S didn’t want to go there lol (not that I would want him to). May the FA gods rain down on us all.

1 Like