Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

@tripletmama Congratulations to your daughter!

@akapiratequeen Congratulations!!!

Congrats to @akapiratequeen on another great option! And extra special congrats to @tripletmama for the first admit of the season for your D! From what I know of her interests and the little I’ve read about SFCM, seems like it could be a great fit for her. Now they just have to do their part and make the numbers work for you! Fingers crossed they do.

Distracting myself over here ahead of the key 72 hour window in which we’ll be hearing from Frost/USC!
Tabs open on all portals…hunting for mysterious green circles!
Informed Delivery activated…on the prowl for the rare and elusive “white box” which may or may not be trackable!

Somebody shoot me!

Congrats to all. A super crazy few days ahead for all of us!

@gram22 We got info from USC that letters are going out tomorrow 3/21, and portal will be updated 3/23

Um, just refreshed S’s Frost portal, and a green dot just appeared saying “Completed” and when you click on the link, it says “This application is complete” and . . . . that’s it. Just as other mentioned.

It’s nothing, but it’s something. Makes me feel like less of a tool for constantly refreshing my web browser LOL

@sunnysar… they have Hogwarts doors at Eastman? Had I known I would have had my daughter send a pre-screening in just to experience that! Tell your daughter they have a Hogwart’s dorm at IU… so she can live there for 4 years if she wants… !

S is also in at Eastman, We also got the really nice discussion of the essay in the letter. He got a scholarship, unfortunately, we can’t log in to see how much. As he puts it “Now the decisions begin.”

@WestOfPCH - Aack! Where is this famous green dot???

@everyone, SFCM put my son on their waitlist, and sent this follow up email –
“We place applicants on the waitlist when they are qualified to attend, but we are unsure of studio assignment. Are you interested in being kept on the waitlist? I understand if you have already moved forward with other offers.If it is a matter of financial aid or unanswered questions do let me know.”

What does it mean really? How likely is it to come through? I expect if you’re on a waitlist, you’re very unlikely to get any merit money, right?

Congrats on Eastman @akapiratequeen and @PAPDAD! And @tripletmama - woo hoo on your D’s first acceptance. I predict it will be one of many. Sorry @dsinha about the waitlist, but I’ve heard of folks getting in and money off of lists, so maybe all is not lost?

@PercussionMama : In the Student Center, it’s at the bottom of the page under the (new) section called “Admissions”

dsinha——— I do know a SFCM / RJAM musician who got waitlisted in March, then in 3rd week of April, SFCM contacted him and asked if he would be still interested in. Then, he got a really good scholarships in 3-4 days after. At the end of mixture of happy & unhappy results / offers, he got a real deal. Getting off waitlist at such a small conservatory (any small conservatories) can happen more often than we think.

@PAPDAD — you have to create a new login to get to the Eastman financial offer using the student ID in the letter. It’s confusing.

And S also got nice comments about his essay as well as a quote from one of his references. Right there with you — now the decisions begin indeed!

Congrats @tripletmama on this first admit, I’m really really happy for you!! Important moment!

@WestOfPCH - AACK again. No new section. No green dot. Deep breath. Based on interactions with the prof, we’ve been feeling pretty confident about admission, so I’m going to postpone panic and assume that not all the portals update at the same instant.

@PercussionMama @WestOfPCH We’ve had Application Complete message on Application Status page since Dec 28… ?

@choirsong good to know they have Hogwarts dorms at IU. Now if only we could find out if she can live there. The dean at Eastman referred to the the school being like Hogwarts because the practice room doors are magical making the person on the other side sound like a musical genius. He told the kids everyone invited to audition is good enough to attend so not to let the magical doors intimidate them. D didn’t listen, she forgot the doors were magical and her confidence went out the window.

@dsinha - Hmm. I am looking at her “Student Center” page, but I can’t see anything that is called or resembles an Application Status section or page. This portal is so darn confusing. Where are you seeing Application Status?

@PercussionMama That section “application status” has come and gone from my D’s portal home page a few times. You can always get to it by clicking in the “self service” menu up top, and then selecting the item labeled “student admissions” and then select the “application status” page. Earlier in the process there was a box on her home page with that info in it. Then it disappeared from her home page a month or so ago . But it’s always been accessible via the menu. Says “application complete” for hers and has said that since December.