Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Just read the financial - Full Ride Presidential Music Scholarship. OMG!!!

Champagne tonight!

Wow – @highnotes2018 – OMG is right! Congratulations – woo hoo!!!

@highnotes2018 , make that Don Perignon!! Congratulations!!

Woohoo! Congrats, @highnotes2018 !

Wowowowow @highnotes2018 — that’s amazing!!! Doing the happy dance!!

Where are my Oberlin people?!? It’s 5pm in Ohio!

@highnotes2018 Congratulations! So happy for you and your D!

Looks like Northwestern decisions are out. Good luck to all you Bienen applicants!

@dramasopranomom - still waiting! D is at musical rehearsal until late. Hoping she’ll check on dinner break!

D accepted to Northwestern VP! What an afternoon!

Wow @highnotes2018 !! Gooooooo!

@highnotes2018 and @Propinquity4444 Congratulations!!! Great going with that full ride @highnotes2018!!! Can’t beat that!!!

Oberlin seems to be coming in. D’s friend heard with an admit to both college and conservatory - Good luck to all waiting on the big O!

This is so awesome!

D accepted to Frost. Yay! Generous (but not full) music award. Yay! But no other FA info yet, so we’re still waiting to find out if it is affordable. Sigh. Maybe the rest of the FA award will be posted later today.

Waitlisted at Oberlin

Just to pass the time… @khill87 (and @HRoFan and @sssulliv ), as to Fach, since voices don’t mature until later and sometimes go through a change or two or three along the way, often professionals don’t want to put young singers into a Fach-box! Many very gifted singers have big vocal ranges, and teachers/conductors, etc., will try to put them where it’s safest for them to sing (i.e. a bigger voiced soprano with a lower tessitura might be assigned to Soprano 2 or Alto 1 in choir, so they don’t under support on the high notes while trying to stay under the brighter sopranos in quiet sections…this is just one example!). My D is a Zwischenfach 1 at Oberlin (in the choir)…she switches from Soprano to Alto 1 as it suits the choir and her voice! Look up Zwischen fach online! It’s all very interesting!

With a festival where they know what they are doing @khill87 , I wouldn’t worry too much (but always ask the primary teacher). In other situations (for instance for my Mezzo D who was asked to sing Soprano 1 in HS choir, because honestly, she could do it and carry the section), you may want to put your foot down if a knowledgeable VP teacher suggests the placement is unwise or unsafe.

Clarification on earlier NEC post… Letter is post marked 19th and we are local so I suppose other more distant locations may receive their letters perhaps tomorrow or even on Monday since Sunday would not have mail delivery… Please don’t be alarmed if you’re not seeing anything from NEC…

on a related note, there is no email or portal update for NEC still so I’m afraid wait is on.

@HereWeGoAgain2018 but what does it say!