Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Congrats @PercussionMama .

Fingers crossed @dsinha. Sorry to hear about the waitlist. As discussed earlier though there is always a strong possibility with waitlists in the music schools. Hang in there.

She’s in. Waitlist will move up one as she had already decided to enroll at her other admit.

So with @highnotes2018 big full ride (CONGRATS) I have a question for our Oberlin experts. Does Oberlin give full rides? I don’t even know whether that’s. Possibility to hope for!

Congratulations to everyone on all the admissions???

S accepted at Oberlin. Generous music merit and other scholarship make it an affordable option. Now we just need to wait for his other acceptances to provide scholarship information so we can put pencil to paper.

@TxSker - CONGRATS- a big enough offer to make Oberlin affordable is a BIG offer!!

Such exciting news - I almost missed my bus stop as I was so engrossed! Congrats @PercussionMama and @Propinquity4444! And double congrats @highnotes2018!

D was rejected at Oberlin. Probably for the best as it was WAY outside of affordability for us

It’s a no for Oberlin and what appears to be a no (now referring it to as the dreaded green circle) for Miami. S at rehearsal and texted me - I told him that’s ok, he wouldn’t survive in a town with no Chick-Fil-A. :wink:

@leejay22 I’m right there with you on the no Chick-Fil-A!

S got his first two acceptances today so we can breath a little bit now!

Frost: Accepted with nice financial package!
Oberlin College: Accepted with nice financial package!
Oberlin Con: Waitlisted (ugghhh)

Thank you for the wonderful company of this group. I do a lot more reading than posting here but following along has really helped me keep my sanity (although I thought I was going to lose it over the dreaded green dots of Miami—S never did get one of those).

@DrummerDad18 I’ve listened to the recording you made of our kids playing together at the Frost jam session dozens of times over the last month—thanks again for reaching out to me with the link (and congratulations to your daughter!)

Congratulations everyone!!! Your kids are amazing…full rides, presidential scholarships, if I were reading this as a junior parent I’d be freaking out. Just so much talent in our little cc thread, you must be So proud. I am and their not my kids. We should have some big reveal at the end so we can watch your kids soar i the music world for years to come and know that we were right there at the start.
As for us. I drove like a bath outta *** to get home and now I’m (patiently…hmm) waiting for my D to get home…fingers toes and eyes crossed for Frost and/or UCLA today.

Congrats @jazzboydad. Great news on Frost and Oberlin! Good luck with the con waitlist.

Congratulations @TxSker and @jazzboydad !!! Fantastic news

Congrats on all the new acceptances and my support to those who did not receive the news they want. I’ve been walking on pins and needles all day and I’m not even in the game this year!

D got a no to NEC… 3 more to go

For completeness sake and future generations reading this thread, my D got a very nice (but not full) Presidential Scholarship on Jazz Drums. So that makes this an even nicer day. And takes the edge off waiting for that “white box”. She’s thrilled and would be very happy at Frost.

And congrats @jazzboydad on the Frost admit! I was glad to have captured the moment. And who knows, maybe they’ll end up in a combo together there in the fall!

Congrats to all of your talented kids!!! And for those of us curious and for those applying in the future, we would love to know if any MADE/CAM vocalists (or otherwise) got merit money. That major seems to be lacking in funds and would be good for people to know going into it.

Huge congrats on all these acceptances! Hope you can hear and feel my virtual cheers!

And group hug for those who were waitlisted or declined. Looks like my daughter is joining that category as she had her first rejection of this long journey from Frost. I didn’t see it on the regular portal “student center” (still no messages there) but on a tab entitled “application status” on the mobile link it said “Program Status: Cancelled.” Seems a bit harsh but no doubt another way of saying “declined for enrollment.” I guess it’s not official until it’s more clear on the student center portal but hard not to see that for what it is.

It’s all fine. Miami was a reach both academically and financially so it was never a realistic option and it just hit me today how few students they take for MADE/CAM. Wow-extra applause for the kids that conquered those odds! My daughter is out for a few more hours and has no idea. She’s been immersed in a government project with a friend and more concerned about a possible phone call from CalArts. So we will process everything soon. She is competitive and a perfectionist so this will sting a little. But I do think it’s good to be humbled by moments like these and realize that not every college is the right fit or sees your strengths as others do. Not to mention the realty of the talent our kids are up against every step of the journey! Considering that, she’s been rockin’ it! I will stress that she shouldn’t take it personally (easy for me to say) and that it’s ok to be upset but she needs to dust herself off and get ready for a fun month or deciding on her perfect college home. She has nothing to be ashamed of-she did her best and I’m so proud of her!

I feel a little guilty knowing this info before my daughter but, seeing she wasn’t obsessing over everything like me, I’m kind of glad she shared her portal info and has always been ok with me checking up on things. Now I have time to do some “mom processing” before we talk about it : )