Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

@AmyIzzy for those of us who know your amazingly talented D we are all in SHOCK. And I will say had she applied for jazz she would be in with $$$ I feel certain. But this wasn’t her path and she has great options. I can’t wait to see where she lands.

It seems its a bittersweet day for us all…having gone through the admission process twice (I reapplyed as music major after taking gap year) I know how much a rejection can hurt! Kuddoos to you all!

As a sidenote, Ucla comes out in 30 min ?

Lyoder2051——— You are an amazing girl and pianist. We all love you and are proud of you!!!

so my daughter is in Orlando on a music trip … she knows that someone was waitlisted at Umiami for the wildly competitive program in commercial music/business which concerned her as she thought she “should’ve” gotten in… IF she checks her portal it will be later. I told her to enjoy Orlando and check when she gets home. (I will pretend that that will not be at all hard for me or her Dad!) as I sip on wine. Have a great weekend and congratulations to all who have been accepted and received scholarships and fingers crossed for those still waiting!(for whatever reason)- like me:)

D wasn’t expecting a Frost admit after what she still describes as her worst audition. She (and we) had mentally moved on, even though she liked everything about the school up to her audition. After her audition, she said it didn’t seem like a fit or her kind of campus “vibe”, which we read as a little preemptive self-defense. Frost is the most prestigious music school she applied to by a lot. She has been getting attached to another option, which had accepted her to their BME program and is already financially viable, and has its music merit $ news coming out next week.

All that background is so you can appreciate our collective shock at the news today that D is accepted BME to Frost with a full tuition Presidential Music Scholarship. I think we will be going back to Miami for Admitted Students Day to get another take on that vibe.

I just left LA School of the Arts and I had the pleasure to see a girl get her USC admit envelope - it’s not a white box this year, it’s a red envelope (for those that are still waiting). She is a film major and was over the moon! Her mom brought it to her. What a very precious moment!!!

I saw that some folks got NEC results - not sure where it’s going to be delivered (to us or our daughter - but I’ll tell her to check the mail). We are on our way back to San Francisco - I’ll have our other daughter check.

For those that got NEC results - where do you live?

Too many congrats to doll out as I sit here on the side of the road - but such exciting news!!! I am in awe of the kids on this board. It’s truly amazing and even better to share in your joy.

My D got into FROST with the Presidential Scholarship 32K a year!!! I hope that’s ok to write, I’m not doing it to brag just for future auditioners because there is so much on here that states no scholarship for contemporary vocalists. She’s beside herself. Poppin’ the champagne as I type this! SO excited, SO proud and definitely worth the wait. GO CAINS!

@JeJeJe thanks so much for the enthusiasm! Although I think I have to admit that I am a guy lol

And huge congrats to everyone who heard from frost today!

Congratulations to everyone receiving acceptances and scholarship offers. It really has been a pleasure and privilege to hang out with the parents of such amazingly talented people. I’m looking forward to watching them make their mark on the world of music! :slight_smile:

We live about 30 miles away from where they were mailed. This was the point I was making earlier. It will probably be tomorrow for most non-local mail to reach. All the best with these results. Cheering for you and your musicians.

Lyoder2051——— Oops, sorry… You go, PRINCE!

@SpartanDrew MADE/CAM Guitar, no merit money. It’s a weird major. Not really a performance major so not really one where the school would want to spend a lot of money to get particular kids. Not surprised that they don’t hand out scholarships.

UCLA finally in. My son was waitlisted.

My son was rejected at UCLA. It’s ok, we already have 4 decent offers. I’m just curious since the professors at other schools seem like him. I was talking with the professor in Michigan today and he said he had recommended the most amount of scholarships for my son.

Wowowow! Cheering with you all on the great admits and virtually hugging you on the rejections. It’s a growth process but man, it stings. Here’s to your kids’ resilience, class, and grace under the most extreme kind of pressure.

Reject from UCLA.

@pdxtigermom - Did the Michigan guy say when they were going to release scholarship info? Thx

Anyone hear from Thornton yet?