Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

@GagasMom - yes, I saw that - thanks for that! I think there are about 3 of the same floating around…

I can’t wait to change my avatar. I hate to complain about D having two really good options, but she is a ball of stress this week. She has narrowed it down to CU Boulder (an option she got attached to when she was sure she had tanked her Frost audition) and Frost (which came in with a generous and affirming scholarship late). We are going to visit Frost again Monday to see if she can reset her impression of UM after tuning out the surroundings following her audition. CU Boulder is a good all-around fit for her where she would get a quality BME and really likes the voice instructors, but she feels like she will be leaving something on the table graduate school application/resume-wise not attending the more prestigious music school when she has the chance. I’m in favor of Miami because, since I didn’t have a bad audition, I thought the campus was great and really wanted to attend there myself (if I could roll back the clock 30 years). Having seen D agonize over choosing between enchiladas and quesadillas and then second guess her decision afterwards, I don’t think next week will be any more fun for her unless everything clicks at UM on Monday.

D sent emails this week to her other five schools letting them know they were out of the running so they could redistribute scholarship funds if they do that – and while I doubt a non-response would taint her file if she applied to graduate school at those schools later, it is a surprisingly small community. She sent one email per school (just a few sentences) copying all the folks there that she forged a connection with and personalized it a little. I’m not sure how common that is, but she received nice responses back from each school.

@MeritHopeful you got me chuckling over your enchiladas and quesadillas reference! I too can’t wait to change my avatar. . . .

@MeritHopeful my son is choosing between enchiladas and quesadillas too. Last week he was leaning toward the enchiladas but this week it’s quesadillas. Love the analogy!
I think he’s going to decide May 1. School musical was last week (he had the lead and the show was wonderful!) and All -state honor ensembles are this weekend. Maybe he will have time to ask questions and ponder his decision next week.

Huge congratulations to everyone for all the scholarships and awesome admissions, and the final decisions! I’ve been reading but too busy to post much.

University of Toronto acceptance came through for my D today!

@MeritHopeful When covered with some good salsa (your D’s talent), the enchiladas and quesadillas actually taste equally good :wink: haha… Now seriously, good luck to her reaching a final decision. The visit to Frost/UM on Monday should help I think. Like you, I really liked that school, the campus, the people etc. In our case, everything from there was so positive and there was kindness and support from everyone my son and I met/ dealt with. I still secretly wish he had chosen it. No regrets though, he will be where it is best for his career plans AND for him as a person.

Congratulations @NaariyalAmma for the good news from Toronto!!

I appreciate folks giving me credit for making a clever analogy, but it was really just a recollection of a recurring event. My daughter routinely overthinks and then regrets things like ordering dinner, even at TexMex restaurants, which for us in Texas is literally every third meal. While I know both schools can lead to fine futures for her, I have no idea how she is going to get comfortable with making a decision that is actually consequential.

Hi all - I’ve been too busy dealing with the stress of decision making to post. However, I’ve been lurking. Congrats to all who have decided and to those who haven’t decided yet - best of luck. My D (a VP major for those of you who can’t recall) committed to Northwestern University.

@highnotes2018 and @NaariyalAmma CONGRATS to you and your talented daughters! that is so exciting. I love hearing the outcomes and feel like these are all my kids too! :smiley:

@highnotes2018 CONGRATS!!! Doesn’t it feel swell to have this part over?

@mperrine it feels great. So much to be excited about! I just wish i could figure out how to change the image in my profile.

@highnotes2018 click Edit profile/preferences, then look in lefthand column – change my picture should be an option.

@MeritHopeful I dont know if you intended to make me laugh just now but you did. TEENS!!!

Ok. I can’t find how to edit profile. What am I missing?

Congratulations @highnotes2018 – great to hear your daughter committed to Northwestern!

And congratulations to @NaariyalAmma on the University of Toronto acceptance!

That’s the best i can do. I’m not tech savvy I was a music major. LOL.

@highnotes2018 You WERE a music major, now you are a mama cat! Welcome to the Bienen family!!

Finally heard from McGill at 10:30 p.m. tonight. Admitted in Piano. We have one last accepted student’s trip next week. I anticipate that a final decision will be made on the ride home. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Congrats @highnotes2018 and @PAPDAD! Very exciting…