Class of 2023 undergrad/Class of 2021 grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Congratulations @PercussionMama and D! CC represents at USC Thornton!! What a great choice!

Congratulations @BassoonMom2019! Great news even though you now have some superfluous UT clothes!

Woohoo @PercussionMama!!! USC coming in late but strong with 2 now! Looking forward to meeting you in August. Fight on!

Awesome news @PercussionMama! I know that was an agonizing choice to make, but many congrats to you and your D! (and good luck at S&E this weekend)

Congratulations @lkbux64 @PercussionMama !! USC is very lucky to have your kids!

Hello All,

I was off for awhile but did all reading. Congratulations!!! I love seeing so many “new” logos! Lots of good and positive energy here! My son is attending his top choice school from this fall. We are so relieved and so happy! Thanks to all members in CC!

So my son declined all other offers. Then Berklee contacted him after he “officially” declined their offer / decision. They wanted to set a time with him to talk about “scholarship opportunities”. Please don’t insult or manupirate my teenager anymore…But is this common thing at Berklee? Anyway, my son sent an email back to decline again.

For someone who is still working on appeals——— It is not May 1st, yet. While you are still working on financial details, schools are also working until last minutes to secure enrollment. I am sending you a very positive energy!!!

@BassoonMom2019 Congrads!!! Happy to see somebody got MSM logo!!! My D declined MSM ( no scholarship offered at all). She was with MSM for 5 years at pre-college and i was a little disappointed. But, it is what it is. Congats again to your kid. Its a grate school.

Pianomom74——— I love MANNES log, too!!!

I heard many things about MSM not being able to offer $$$ to majority of students. I am pretty certain that it doesn’t mean about “talent” in most cases for MSM. MSM seems like having a very “need-aware” scholarship process. They even do “pre-screen” financial before live auditions. They probably have very limited scholarship to award every year.

@Lendlees - Thanks! And back at you for S/E. Safe driving!

That’s great news, @PercussionMama ! Congratulations and Fight On!!!

Very close to committing now! Appeal resulted in a little more $, so I think it might just tip the balance for us. Waiting for final teacher selection/assignment… we’re almost there!!!

Responding to the recent comment by @lkbux64 that USC was coming in late but strong with 2 – I’ll add that my son committed to USC Thornton for composition a few days ago.

I’ve been pretty quiet on this board – mostly because as a composer, my son’s journey was somewhat different than everyone else’s, but I have learned so much from all of you and am so appreciative of all that you shared! Thank you!!! And congratulations to all the talented and hardworking students, and their dedicated families!

Hang in there, @meltedbutter. You’re almost at the finish line!

Congratulations @MMRose ! Nice to know that there is another Thornton student!

Thanks @PercussionMama! We are getting up extra early as they are predicting snow on the pass. (sigh)

Thank you @PercussionMama. It seems like a reasonably- sized program, so probably our kids will get to know each other in first-year theory classes! And we are local…so if you or @lkbux64 have any LA-based questions, I’d be happy to try to answer them.

Congratulations and Fight On, @MMRose !!!

Great news! Folks, don’t forget to DM @“Mezzo’sMama” and let her know the final choice for the 2023/21 acceptance thread. That way, future journeyers can scan the thread and reach out with questions down the road. Let’s pay it forward, everyone!

Congratulations @MMRose! So happy to see another Thornton family among us!

Three for the win at USC! Congrats @MMRose! You all will be sunning yourselves in beautiful LA…

My S committed to Jacobs last night and he sent his decline messages to the other schools. Jacobs has been his first choice all along and he’s so excited to start. I think if it would be an option to start in the summer session he would pack his car and go now. When we first started this process I was expecting he would be in state (possibly even live at home) and I had a ton of objections ready when we first toured IU (too far, too much, too big, etc etc) but the admissions office did such a great job with the presentation and tour that I literally started crying during the presentation because I knew it would be perfect for my son and that he would be leaving home. I’ve come a long way since last fall when this all started and I’m so thankful for this forum to help manage the ups and downs of the auditon and admission process. Congrats to all and the final decisions!