Class of 2023

Does Emerson require a prescreen? I don’t see anything about it on the website, but I’m surprised.

They didn’t for class of 2022. It could change, of course.

They will be requiring a prescreen for Fall 2019. I just attended a presentation and tour where they announced the change. No details about what they are requiring yet

Prescreen is not a surprise, as they had 1200 MT auditions this year.

If anyone is interested still, it is a 1-minute video clip of any MT song, any style, any era

My S submitted his prescreen last week, but wasn’t invited to audition. Curious if anyone got an invite yet. Not first choice, but ir was a dose of reality!

@AnitaMac I applied on Dec 10 and just got my prescreen results. I wasn’t invited back either.

My DD submitted Prescreen in October and was invited to audition, and will be there for January date.

My D submitted at the end of November and was invited to audition which we are doing at Chicago Unifieds .Emerson is in her top 3 so we were really happy. However, I’ve been comparing prescreen results with others and it really does seem like there is no rhyme or reason. Anyone know how many total auditions Emerson is taking?

@NewToThis13 I was told that out of approx 1200 Prescreen applications they are seeing about 550 live auditions for this season.

@3Blessings Thank you!

Have any acceptance gone out yet?

@rbg2019 I’ve heard decisions will be going out this Friday the 15th, with an email directing to the portal where the decisions will be posted

they went out to today. check your Emerson portal

I was accepted! Congrats to any others who were.

My S was wait listed at Emerson. Any thoughts about his chances of getting in?

Anyone else hear from Emerson?

Decisions were out yesterday

@TheaterMa my DD was waitlisted too! So hoping she gets in! It’s her top choice! ?

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.
Just found out yesterday S on waitlist too