Class of 2024 Admissions Decisions

Got my decision on October 4!

ACT/SAT: 1190
GPA/Rank: 4.5(W) 4.0(W)
Extra curriculars: 3 sport varsity captain all 4 years, Student Council, lots of community service.
State Residency: MA
Ethnicity/Gender: White F

Application date: 9/10
Decision date: 10/4
Decision: Accepted (with scholarship)
Major/College: Undecided

We heard back from UT on Saturday with a YES! Out of stater from NJ. Very excited.

ACT/SAT: 1270
GPA/Rank: 4.227
Extra curriculars: Some, plays HS sports and has a job
State Residency: NJ
Ethnicity/Gender: Male

Application date: 8/25/19
Decision date: 10/5/19
Decision: Yes
Major/College: Computer Engineering

Weird question, but anyone here with student’s first name Alexander from Georgia?

ACT: 31 composite & superscore
GPA: 3.95 weighted
Extracurriculars: Varsity Track & Field, 4 years
State Residency: OR
Ethnicity/Gender: Caucasian, F

Application date: Sept. 3
Decision date: Oct. 7
Decision: ACCEPTED
Major/College: Biology/ College of Arts and Science

Accepted 10-4-17 (applied late August)
OOS NJ
W GPA 3.6
SAT 1330
7 APS, 30 dual credits
4yr swimmer -captain senior year, 4 yr lacrosse
Major - Business Finance

@mocha666 did your letter specify a major or did it say Haslam College of Business? I’m assuming when it says the latter that they are admitting you into the Haslam major you chose. Just curious.

I believe it specifies the exact major.

Follow up accepted student
My son received a card board box from admissions today following acceptance via site the other day.
Letter just states Haslam School of Business not major.

I also got accepted today, but it only said to the college of engineering, not the specific major.

what are your stats?

Accepted today to college of engineering
28 ACT
100.5 Weighted GPA
2 clubs- officer for one of them
3 honor societies including NHS and Mu Alpha Theta
All honors and APs

D20 was previously accepted to her second choice major and just got accepted to her first choice - nursing. Very excited!

@mebmama That’s exciting! Congratulations!

My son is Alexander from Georgia but he is already a freshman student at UT Knoxville…not sure if that is what you were asking?. He is loving it there and is in The Haslam School of Business. I was just perusing this forum to see how things were going for the acceptances this year and saw your post.

And congratulations to all those accepted so far. Your kids are going to love it there?

@arabellacat no worries. I asked because when my son received his acceptance letter in the mail, it also had someone from Georgia named Alexander acceptance letter accidentally inside our box. I called the school and let them know, but was hoping this person was on here so I could let them know. The school was going to mail another one out.

Has anyone heard anything from the College of Nursing? I got accepted into my second choice major but my acceptance letter said that they were still reviewing my application for the nursing school

My daughter is OOS (Virginia) and received the email today!

ACT: 30 superscore , 28 composite
GPA/Rank: 3.98 ( school does not rank)
7 AP classes
Extra curriculars: Played JV field hockey, yearbook leadership, has had a job for over a year
State Residency: VA
Ethnicity/Gender: female

Application date: 9/24/19 (transcript arrived 10-11)
Decision date: 10/24/19
Decision: Yes
Major/College: Communications

She is still waiting to hear regarding her first choice major of Graphic Design. They take extra time to consider those applicants and will let her know . But she is in for her second choice.

She also received a Very nice scholarship

Daughter OOS (NJ)
Received her acceptance yesterday!
Applied 10/17
Accepted 10/24
Department of Education

@lindsey12345
D20 was accepted on 10/4 and then accepted (again) to Nursing on 10/18. Hopefully you will be hearing good news very soon!