Class of 2024 Admissions Decisions

UGH… That’s Prom

April is a horrible month with Spring breaks and prom. Uof SC has 3 dates - one in Feb, One in Mar and One in April

Has anyone heard from nursing? My daughter was accepted to her second choice back in October and hasn’t heard about her first choice major yet.

@jgwolf you can visit and tour any time, which some people prefer because it is a less crazy atmosphere.

@Ollie5 We are still waiting too. Applied 11/9/19.

DS accepted in November
OOS-
GPA: 4.1
ACT: 33
Lots of activities and volunteer programs
Volunteer scholarship

Is FASFA required for the Volunteer Scholarship (merit)? For competitive scholarships- from what I read FASFA is required. It seems that many are needs based, is this generally true?

The FAFSA is not technically required if you think there is no way you will qualify it intend to take out a federal loan.

However, whether you don’t think you qualify for federal aid should not stop you from filling it out.

You can get federal loans whether you are poor or rich. Lastly, many parents have a tendency to underestimate the true cost of college.

@Ollie5 we are in the same boat.

D20 was accepted to nursing back in Oct but I haven’t seen many others post about it yet. Fingers crossed for good news very soon!!

My daughter was accepted into her second choice major on November 15th. She was just informed yesterday that she was accepted into her first choice of nursing. She has a 4.0 unweighted gpa and 1380 on her SAT’s. OOS She’s very excited.

@JesseJune My understanding is that for many schools you need to fill out the fafsa even to get merit money (not needs based). It really isn’t that hard to fill out if you link to your IRS info, so I would recommend doing it to cover all bases.

@JesseJune, how did you learn that? We didn’t fill out Fafsa for our son, and I don’t recall seeing anything about doing so for merit consideration on the various admissions pages. Thanks for any intel!

ACT/SAT: 25
GPA/Rank: 3.6
Extra curriculars: Theater, Lacrosse, International Thespian Society
State Residency: OOS/GA

Application date: 10/21
Decision date: 12/17
Decision: Accepted
Major/College: The College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences

This is vague regarding scholarships, but I think fafsa isn’t necessary for merit scholarships at UTK (unlike some other universities). But if you are interested in being eligible for work-study, etc., you should do it…(and it really isn’t as bad as people say, so not a bad idea to keep options open)

https://onestop.utk.edu/financial-aid/apply/

Hey all, Im 18 from Nj,
I applied dec 01, last thing to go were my ACT scores (29 comp/superscore) which were submitted 12/10. Hoping to hear back soon, but I feel like its been longer than normal for me

Curious for those who are more in the know about UTK… if you already enrolled … what is the benefit of attending the Accepted Students Day others than just for fun and fellowship? Is it worth the expense for the trip? My daughter is taking her second visit to determine her final decisions later this month. If she enrolls I am wondering if she would/should try to attend that Accepted Students Day event (assuming no other conflicts in the schedule). I wonder because it’s so late for those going in the hopes to determine a decision by May 1.

IMHO, Admitted Students Days are a bit overrated, but still there is some value.

My D went through this 2 years ago and we visited U Maryland, Elon, Quinippiac, UDEL and UF admitted days. They do a lot of marketing to get you excited to go there and roll out the good food and snacks. Most of the schools had a lot of foot traffic and we never got to talk to all the people wanted to.

They show more than a general tour, but also focus only on their strengths.

For my S, we are visiting UT for a second time on a general tour in Feb and will spend a lot of our time there outside the general tour to explore the campus more, talk to random students and check out downtown. We most likely will not wait for Apr 25 for UT’s student day to make a decision as it is too close to the May 1 decision date.

In the end, we most likely will hit up other school’s admitted days since these are mostly on weekends and my son wants more decision points to make a decision.

Anyone applied around the regular decision deadline of 12/15 heard anything yet? Portal shows sons’s application and transcript received 12/15 and SAT scores on 12/27. On Jan 3 he received an email saying his application review was 75% complete. Still waiting…

Hi, I got all my things in around 10-15 days before you guys. I got ‘Supplemental Review’ Email 2 wednesdays ago, whatever that date was.

ACT/SAT: 33/1460
GPA/Rank: 4.2 weighted
Extra curriculars: Softball, Beta Club, Key Club
State Residency: VA
Ethnicity/Gender: White Female

Application date:
Decision date: Dec 19/Jan 2
Decision: Accepted
Major/College: Architecture

She was accepted for her 2nd choice major pretty quickly. Then received a separate notice about Architecture.

DD got the Volunteer Scholarship which definitely got us interested. We have never seen the campus other than online. We are planning a 1.5 day visit in mid-Feb.