Class of 2024 Admissions Decisions

@mebmama Yes I hear USC nursing only takes the top 200 students after sophmore year. If your daughter can get a direct admit to nursing somewhere she should take it. Do both UTK and Clemson have those?

Yes! Both have direct admit for nursing. I think she could be very happy at either. Our upcoming visits will include nursing info sessions with faculty/students, tours of the sim labs, housing tours etc. I’m hoping they will help her to make a decision!

@HappyNJ just wanted to post we had a very good visit to SC last weekend. They did a good job of the college presentations and had several other presentations in Russell House we did not attend. They also have a resource fair in Russell with lots of information We went and toured several dorms as well, My son hasn’t decided but I’d say SC is def one of top 2. We are waiting on VT but in still think he will lean towards U SC

@jgwolf - Thanks so much for sharing. I posted my UT notes on the UT thread as well.

Does anyone know when regular decision admittance will occur. A friend had submitted their app by the December 15 deadline but hasn’t heard back yet

@HappyNJ @snakster My daughter was attending Purdue (had a full ride to Pitt but she chose Purdue for cybersecurity with no merit money at all). While she was there (Purdue), she had a stroke - followed by learning to read, write, and talk all over again. Then sent her back after 6 mths and she was doing well making up those classes. Then had to withdraw her again because of a diagnosis of moyamoya and needed brain surgery. She never went back to Purdue though she’s back to 100% cognitively. The classes she had to withdraw from were very difficult to get out of. Her father had to fight to get her withdrawl’s and not given F’s from those classes after the stroke. They never offered much help at all. She didn’t want to go back because she was scared she would slip on the ice (there’s a lot of ice!) and hit her head. My son has enrolled at UTK for the fall for supply chain and I am very excited!

The most important thing is your D is getting her health back… glad to hear of the progress. I appreciate your input. Supply Chain at UTK is awesome I heard.

So glad to hear your daughter has recovered, I don’t think I’d want to go back either.

We had a very good visit today at UTK. The information session and tour, I think I can safely say, was the best of any school we visited. A lot of positive energy. The tour guides had energy and a genuine enthusiasm for the school and their job.

Early assessment is that this is the place. Son is going to wait until Tuesday to see his decision fo the Schreyer honors college at Penn state. When I pressed him though, he admitted that it probably won’t change his mind even if he gets accepted there. Tomorrow he will be auditioning with his bassoon. Hopefully that goes well and they offer him a few bucks to play bassoon.

In case anybody else was anxiously waiting, we received our Financial package over the weekend. We went through the myUTK portal and found it posted. I believe the official letter will be sent through the mail.

Yes, there was a woman from financial aid office at the audition day. She indicated the letters are going out Monday (today).

Was anyone else’s volunteer scholarship lower on the financial aid letter than what was listed on the acceptance letter? D20s acceptance letter said she received the volunteer scholarship for $18k/year, then later she received an additional chancellor award letter of $5k/year. The final financial letter she received this week listed the chancellor of $5k/year, plus an additional departmental scholarship of $1.5k/year (which was a nice surprise), but listed the volunteer scholarship at $8k/year ($4k/semester), instead of the $18k/year that was on the acceptance letter. Anyone else have this happen? Just curious.

Are you in state or out of state? If you are in state they would have mistakenly put 18k in the acceptance letter. If you are OOS then they made a mistake in the financial aid letter.

Our letter in mail matched his admission letter merit, no differences.

Anyone’s son going for the summer? Anyone accepted into Haslam going for the summer?

Has anyone had luck in working with the financial aid department to see if there are opportunities for them to give a little extra money? My daughter received a merit award but it’s not as much as another university where she received substantially more. Has anyone had experience with them budging a little with numbers??

Does anyone know when the competitive scholarship decisions come out?

1 Like

Hi,
I know your post was a while ago but first I’m hoping your daughter is doing well. That’s a scary story. We are from NJ and my son is waiting to hear from university of Tennessee for supply chain. Can you tell me your sons stats that got him in and does he like the program? Any info would be appreciated. We were impressed with our tour.
Thanks,
Cindy