Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

This will kick in in earnest after Unified auditions conclude, but here it is! Hope this helps everyone get through the long months of February and March. Would a moderator like to step up to keep the list updated and post a new “big list” every week or so?

The Big List from late March 2019 and all dates are 2019 dates. Things may be different for 2020 - we can all wiki-edit as the craziness unfolds!

American - Notifying 3/18 via snail mail
Arizona State - 3/14 and rolling via email
Baldwin Wallace–Fall early auditions have been notified. Will notify 3/7 via email for those who auditioned after Nov.
Ball State—rolling - email and phone call to accepted students
Belmont - some yes and no notifications already rolling. Everyone should know March 1st via snail mail
Boston Conservatory—no later than 4/1 via portal, ED was new this year, RD sometime this week (3/29?)
BU - March 23 via email and portal
Carnegie Mellon—Plans to notify 3/7 via Acceptd direct to portal (or just check the portal), all at once
Catholic -rolling
CCM—3/9 has notified yes’ - email notifications for those still in the pool weekly through out Feb and March
Coastal Carolina University- emails started 3/6, trying to notify everyone by 3/15 - may be spread out over several days/week
Drake - have seen at least one acceptance 3/14 - not sure if they’re rolling or all at once?
Elon - all on the same day, expected to be 3/15 this year
Emerson—3/14, email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.
Five Towns - rolling
FSU—Acceptance calls made 2/27, there is an alternate list - look for notification letter next week.
Hartt - Rolling notifications
Illinois Wesleyan - notifies via snail mail, some yeses reported last week of Feb.
Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd
Ithaca - Starts notifying typically last week of February/first week of March vis portal - notifications have started
Jacksonville University - 3/17 email to check portal
JMU - March 1 EA. 3/13 for RD applicants via MyMadison portal.
LIU/Post—often notifies 2-3 weeks after auditioning, rolling
Manhattan School of Music—4/1 vis portal, all at once
Marymount Manhattan - sends email to check portal, rolling? or maybe rolling after a certain date?
Michigan—February 28 acceptance via phone call; portal change for others - notify all at once
Minnesota Duluth - email from head of the program - rolling?
Millikin - rolling
Missouri State - rolling, via email
Montclair - Rolling notifications, they’re still auditioning through 3/23
Molloy/CAP21—started 3/1, email
Muhlenberg - decisions for ED 1 in Dec, ED 2 by Feb 28, and RD by March 19 - posted on portal
Nebraska Wesleyan - rolling - still auditioning up until April 1.
Northern Colorado—rolling
Northwestern— 3/21 email directing to portal, all at once
NYU— 3/28 via portal, everyone, all at once
OCU —rolling now, via email
Ohio Northern - rolling
Ohio University - rolling notifications - have head of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
Otterbein - Notifications going out now thru mid-March - calls to accepted students, getacceptd for no and waitlist
Pace—3/1 has started to notify, phone call for accepted students and/or snail mail, rolling more calls 3/7
Penn State - starting updating portal 2/14; started notifications for accepted students 2/26
Point Park—3/13 Emails to everyone, all at once, snail mail to follow up.
Rider - Portal change beginning 2/11. Definite Y to be posted on the portal and mailed out before 2/21; Committee meets 2/21 to discuss remaining applicants and then everyone else notified 1st of March via snail mail
Roosevelt—started notifying 3/15 email was sent out to check your portal
Shenandoah—3/5 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist
SUNY Cortland 1/30/19 email
Syracuse—3/15 via email (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March last year
TCU - Notifications started 3/5 via email
Temple—notifying now, rolling - portal update for academic admit, email for artistic admit
Texas State—phone call to accepted students, rolling once auditions are complete, they meet each weekend and send notifications the following week.
UArts—starting about a week audition; snail mail, rolling
UAB - email notification
UAZ—Rolling notifications have started 2/28
University of Miami—3/22, via portal, all at once - navigate to the letter under “student center” and then “message center.”
University of OK - changed to prescreens and auditions this year - notifications will be a few more weeks - 4/1?
Utah—notifications going out now (early March) via email mail and then rolling
UC Irvine - 3/22 via portal
UCLA—3/22 via portal, all at once
UNCG - Everyone should know March 15 “give or take a day” phone call: 3/11
UNSCA - Rolling out now through the end of Feb - calls to accepted students, email direct to portal for “no” decision.
USC - 3/21 will mail notifications, with portal update 3/24
Viterbo—via email, rolling
Wagner - 3/9 rolling now - there have been some calls - more to follow
Webster— snail mail acceptances go out around 3/8 (info from this year) - some calls have been reported for “yes”
Western CT State—2-3 weeks after final audition day on March 2nd, all at once; snail mail 3/11
Western Michigan - 3/20 - notifications rolling calls for acceptances, email for anything else
Wright St - discontinued rolling admission this year. Last audition day was 2/24, has started notifying 2/26
Xavier — Emailing acceptances now - 3/1

On a slightly different note, is there a place on CC where we can connect with current MT students at the schools that have accepted us so we can ask questions and get a sense of what it’s really like to be a student there?

@NeensMom There’s usually a facebook site for the kids to connect in - though I don’t know what the name of the group is this year. Perhaps someone else could jump in that’s in the know? Other options - once accepted, schools often connect their students via facebook or snapchat, if there is a school that you’re looking for in particular - ask for PM’s from parents of current students. Most of us are happy to answer questions about what it’s like at the particular school.

@NeensMom You could also ask here and I am sure people will respond.

@NeensMom One more thought - if you do some digging on facebook or instagram you might find interesting info. A lot of schools have a facebook page and instagram for both the school and the program. Like Baldwin Wallace has a facebook page for BW MT for example. If you search hashtags in instagram, you’ll get posts about the school. #captwentyfun is a common hashtag for Molloy/CAP21 students. There’s one school that even has/had? a hashtag or actual IG site for everything broken on campus. (Not sure that exists anymore.) In any case, just hit that search bar in IG with the school name and you’ll find lots of sites and #tags.

Crucible Cast Party is the name of the Facebook group this year.

If anyone is willing, I think it would be helpful to hear when people get rejections so we know when those come out too. FWIW I will post my daughter’s when they come in.

My daughters first rejection was from Otterbein. She auditioned last week and they emailed her the 26th. Not a good start . She didn’t feel to well about how her audition went . There Also was no accompanist. She passed a decent amount of prescreens. So hopefully she will get in somewhere that’s a fit . She loved The, Ithaca , NYU , Pace and JMU auditions. She said they were her Fave so far . Praying for my Daughter and all of your children . This is so hard !!!

Penn State and Ithaca notified us with a no. We did the auditions at NY Unifieds.

I think not having an accompanist is the rule rather than the exception… at least at unifieds. My son carried around a portable speaker and had good recordings (16 and 32 bar) of each song.

She actually did have a speaker and had her piano teacher record on her phone . I guess it just didn’t go well . She did say she loved the Otterbein dance call …

@erayann congrats on all the prescreen passes. yes this process is incredibly hard…incomparable to anything other college kids go through…I certainly don’t know your entire list so if I’m speaking out of turn here, my apologies in advance, truly just trying to be helpful…the schools you named as her favs (+ otterbein) are all incredibly competitive…less than 10% ultimately getting artistic acceptances in most cases…if you want to widen your net and have as many options as possibly would strongly suggest trying some walk-ins while in Chicago at Unifieds ( if you are going?)

I truly hope she gets a yes from NYU, Ithaca, Pace or JMU, and I’m sure your D is incredibly talented to pass those pre screens but this process is unkind to even the MOST talented kids…hope that is helpful as intended…

Waiting Waiting Waiting - it’s so hard!! Especially when she is hearing No’s first and not much else…
No’s to PreScreens: Pace, Ithaca, Elon, Penn
No’s after Auditions: Rider, Montclair
Waiting: Ball, Syracuse, BoCo, Muhlenberg, Point Park, U of Arts, Circle, Hofstra
Auditioning Soon: FSU, Wright, Hartt, BW, Millikin, Kent, SUNY Fredonia

Fingers crossed for BoCo acceptance Friday.

@Rocketwoman37 Do you have reason to expect a decision on Friday?

@Rocketwoman37 You still have a lot waiting for ! I bet you will get some yes’s soon!! How or when did you hear from Montclair ? I am waiting on them ! Any info you can give me

Hi! I as well got my Montclair rejection. I got it through the applicant portal today, I auditioned at New York Unifieds.

For UArts…do all decisions come through the actual mail or should you expect an email if accepted?

@CBSQandA My S decision from UArts came via snail mail

@TheatreDad69 was that from NY Unifieds?