Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@tygerpig Infrequent CC poster here. My child received both academic and artistic acceptance simultaneously from Montclair, (2 seperate PDF letters in portal).

Hi - Has anyone who auditioned at Chicago Unifieds for LIU POST been informed of acceptance?

I know some CCM MT notices have started coming out; anyone heard from CCM Acting yet?

@tygerpig it was 1 letter in the portal saying acceptance to Montclair as an undecided major and waitlist for MT. You have to click on a few things to find the letter.

S auditioned in Chicago also for LIU. Got an email about spending the day with MT students quickly but nothing since then.

@7Heartsong3 Congrats!!! Not just boys!

@tygerpig - my d received an offer from Montclair yesterday to their BFA MT program - the letter said “While your admission to the Musical Theatre
program is contingent on your receiving a letter of acceptance from the
Office of Admissions – Montclair State University, we want you to know that, should you receive this letter, we would look forward to you joining our BFA Musical Theatre freshman class in the Fall of 2020.” She had already received the letter from admissions, the presidential scholarship and an invitation to a dinner before this - so my feeling is that academics and MT do not coordinate - the MT group makes decisions, sends out a letter and the academics does their thing. Although she never received her socks!!! lol :slight_smile:

Hey! I’ve applied as a transfer to Montclair, and I’m wondering if they sent out any decisions to people who didn’t apply as freshmen? I auditioned for them at LA Unifieds.

@SingerDancerMom @7Heartsong3 - I know of one girl who heard from CCM MT earlier this week. (A “no” :frowning: ) . Congrats to your S, @7Heartsong3 !!!

Congratulations to your D @DivaStageMom ! That’s awesome!

@DivaStageMom @SingerDancerMom My daughter’s portal updated but all it says is “Will you be a Redhawk?” and when we click on that it asks us to select whether or not she will accept their offer of admission, but she has not received a letter of admission academically or otherwise. It says nothing about the MT program. Is that what you see too, @tygerpig?

@NeensMom you need to click the red-colored link that says “View Update” and it will pop open a letter.

@TheGist5 interesting. I don’t see that link. I wonder if her artistic decision just hasn’t been posted and all that updated today was an academic notification.

@NeensMom Yes, I am seeing the same thing that you are. I guess I will just wait and see. Sounds like we’re in the same boat. Just confused on how to respond to the question

@tygerpig Did you just get that update today as well? My daughter just auditioned at LA Unifeds. When was your audition?

Congrats @7Heartsong3, @bokunkas, @chenggang on CCM! That’s awesome. Can I ask when your kids auditioned? Mine auditioned this past Saturday on campus and so far we haven’t heard of anyone from that audition day who’s heard (yes or no). Does anyone know of someone who auditioned for CCM on Saturday and heard already? Thanks!

@Trinimom my son auditioned at Unifieds in NYC in January :). Good luck and hope you hear something soon!!!

The Big List from late March 2019 and all 2019 information is in [BRACKETS]. Things may be different for 2020 - when you update with 2020 information, please remove everything in brackets and note the 2020 date in your update. Thank you!

Updated Webster

American - [Notifying 3/18 via snail mail]
Arizona State - [3/14 and rolling via email]
Baldwin Wallace–[Fall early auditions have been notified. Will notify 3/7 via email for those who auditioned after Nov.]
Ball State— 2020 rolling - email and calls to accepted students. Email for rejection or deferral to another arts program, a few weeks after audition.
Baylor - 2020 rolling - email
Belmont - [some yes and no notifications already rolling. Everyone should know March 1st via snail mail]
Boston Conservatory— ED on January 31, 2020 via portal, RD no later than 4/1/2020.
BU - [March 23 via email and portal]
Carnegie Mellon—[Plans to notify 3/7 via Acceptd direct to portal (or just check the portal), all at once]
Catholic - [rolling]
CCM— 2020: Some rejections and acceptances have started coming out
Coastal Carolina University- [emails started 3/6, trying to notify everyone by 3/15 - may be spread out over several days/week]
Drake - [have seen at least one acceptance 3/14 - not sure if they’re rolling or all at once?]
Elon - [all on the same day, expected to be 3/15 this year]
Emerson— [3/14, email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.]
Five Towns - 2020: Rolling, many acceptances/scholarships given on the spot
FSU—2020: Our last MT audition day is 2/23 and we see everyone before we make decisions. Admitted students will receive a phone call; alternates (wait list) will receive a letter in the mail; declined students will receive an email. I am hoping to have results out somewhere between February 27th and March 2nd, but the applicants have definitely made it difficult to make decisions!
Hartt - February 2020: Rejections and some acceptances already rolling out. Rejections by email.
Illinois Wesleyan - [notifies via snail mail, some yeses reported last week of Feb.
Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd]
Ithaca - [Starts notifying typically last week of February/first week of March vis portal - notifications have started]
Jacksonville University - [3/17 email to check portal]
JMU - [March 1 EA. 3/13 for RD applicants via MyMadison portal.]
LIU/Post— 2/10/2020, rolling, snail mail and email
Manhattan School of Music— 2/24/2020
Marymount Manhattan - 2020 update: They try to send email notifications to check portal within 2 weeks of the audition, sometimes much sooner. Digital auditions will not receive decision until sometime in March.
Michigan—[February 28 acceptance via phone call; portal change for others - notify all at once]
Minnesota Duluth - [email from head of the program - rolling?]
Millikin - 2020 update: acceptances rolling, snail mail
Missouri State - [rolling, via email]
Montclair - [Rolling notifications, they’re still auditioning through 3/23]
Molloy/CAP21—rolling starting 3/1/2020, email
Muhlenberg - [decisions for ED 1 in Dec, ED 2 by Feb 28, and RD by March 19 - posted on portal]
Nebraska Wesleyan - 2020: Acceptances are going out through snail mail, still auditioning
Northern Colorado—[rolling]
Northwestern— [3/21 email directing to portal, all at once]
NYU— [3/28 via portal, everyone, all at once]
OCU —[rolling now, via email]
Ohio Northern - [rolling]
Ohio University - 2020 Update: Confirm rolling notifications for this year - last year - rolling notifications - have head of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
Otterbein - 2020: Rejects sent by email, others still under consideration notified also
Pace—[3/1 has started to notify, phone call for accepted students and/or snail mail, rolling more calls 3/7]
Penn State - [starting updating portal 2/14; started notifications for accepted students 2/26]
Point Park—[3/13 Emails to everyone, all at once, snail mail to follow up.]
Rider - 2020: Rolling and can be as quick as a few days after audition - [Portal change beginning 2/11/19. Definite Y to be posted on the portal and mailed out before 2/21; Committee meets 2/21 to discuss remaining applicants and then everyone else notified 1st of March 2019 via snail mail]
Roosevelt— 2020 - said trying for 3/15 - last year they started notifying 3/15 email was sent out to check your portal
Shenandoah—2020 around 3/2-3/6 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist. Last day of auditions is 2/22, then will decide and call before their spring break 3/6.
SUNY Cortland [1/30/19 email]
Syracuse—[3/15 via email (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March last year]
SMU - 2020: rolling via email
SE Missouri St-[Rolling, via email]
TCU - [Notifications started 3/5 via email]
Temple— 2020 notifying now, rolling - portal update for academic and artistic admit, email for artistic admit (some have not gotten email for artistic, just saw portal change)
Texas State—[phone call to accepted students, rolling once auditions are complete, they meet each weekend and send notifications the following week.]
UArts—[starting about a week after audition; snail mail, rolling]
UAB - [email notification]
UAZ—[Rolling notifications have started 2/28]
University of Miami—[3/22, via portal, all at once - navigate to the letter under “student center” and then “message center.”]
U Central Ok - 2020: Greg expects offers to go out around 3/6
University of OK - [changed to prescreens and auditions this year - notifications will be a few more weeks - 4/1?]
Utah—[notifications going out now (early March) via email mail and then rolling]
UC Irvine - [3/22 via portal]
UCLA—[3/22 via portal, all at once]
UNCG - [Everyone should know March 15 “give or take a day” phone call: 3/11]
UNSCA - [Rolling out now through the end of Feb - calls to accepted students, email direct to portal for “no” decision.]
USC - [3/21 will mail notifications, with portal update 3/24]
U Wisconsin Stevens Point - 2020 email to all auditionees between 3/7 - 3/13
Viterbo— 2020 via email, rolling now
Wagner - [3/9 rolling now - there have been some calls - more to follow]
Webster— 2020 - offers will be mailed end of March to be received about April 1st
Western CT State—[2-3 weeks after final audition day on March 2nd, all at once; snail mail 3/11]
Western Michigan - [3/20 - notifications rolling calls for acceptances, email for anything else]
Wright St - [discontinued rolling admission this year. Last audition day was 2/24, has started notifying 2/26]
Xavier — [Emailing acceptances now - 3/1]

The Big List from late March 2019 and all 2019 information is in [BRACKETS]. Things may be different for 2020 - when you update with 2020 information, please remove everything in brackets and note the 2020 date in your update. Thank you!

Updated Montclair

American - [Notifying 3/18 via snail mail]
Arizona State - [3/14 and rolling via email]
Baldwin Wallace–[Fall early auditions have been notified. Will notify 3/7 via email for those who auditioned after Nov.]
Ball State— 2020 rolling - email and calls to accepted students. Email for rejection or deferral to another arts program, a few weeks after audition.
Baylor - 2020 rolling - email
Belmont - [some yes and no notifications already rolling. Everyone should know March 1st via snail mail]
Boston Conservatory— ED on January 31, 2020 via portal, RD no later than 4/1/2020.
BU - [March 23 via email and portal]
Carnegie Mellon—[Plans to notify 3/7 via Acceptd direct to portal (or just check the portal), all at once]
Catholic - [rolling]
CCM— 2020: Some rejections and acceptances have started coming out
Coastal Carolina University- [emails started 3/6, trying to notify everyone by 3/15 - may be spread out over several days/week]
Drake - [have seen at least one acceptance 3/14 - not sure if they’re rolling or all at once?]
Elon - [all on the same day, expected to be 3/15 this year]
Emerson— [3/14, email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.]
Five Towns - 2020: Rolling, many acceptances/scholarships given on the spot
FSU—2020: Our last MT audition day is 2/23 and we see everyone before we make decisions. Admitted students will receive a phone call; alternates (wait list) will receive a letter in the mail; declined students will receive an email. I am hoping to have results out somewhere between February 27th and March 2nd, but the applicants have definitely made it difficult to make decisions!
Hartt - February 2020: Rejections and some acceptances already rolling out. Rejections by email.
Illinois Wesleyan - [notifies via snail mail, some yeses reported last week of Feb.
Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd]
Ithaca - [Starts notifying typically last week of February/first week of March vis portal - notifications have started]
Jacksonville University - [3/17 email to check portal]
JMU - [March 1 EA. 3/13 for RD applicants via MyMadison portal.]
LIU/Post— 2/10/2020, rolling, snail mail and email
Manhattan School of Music— 2/24/2020
Marymount Manhattan - 2020 update: They try to send email notifications to check portal within 2 weeks of the audition, sometimes much sooner. Digital auditions will not receive decision until sometime in March.
Michigan—[February 28 acceptance via phone call; portal change for others - notify all at once]
Minnesota Duluth - [email from head of the program - rolling?]
Millikin - 2020 update: acceptances rolling, snail mail
Missouri State - [rolling, via email]
Montclair - Rolling notifications starting 2/18/20, they’re still auditioning through 3/28
Molloy/CAP21—rolling starting 3/1/2020, email
Muhlenberg - [decisions for ED 1 in Dec, ED 2 by Feb 28, and RD by March 19 - posted on portal]
Nebraska Wesleyan - 2020: Acceptances are going out through snail mail, still auditioning
Northern Colorado—[rolling]
Northwestern— [3/21 email directing to portal, all at once]
NYU— [3/28 via portal, everyone, all at once]
OCU —[rolling now, via email]
Ohio Northern - [rolling]
Ohio University - 2020 Update: Confirm rolling notifications for this year - last year - rolling notifications - have head of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
Otterbein - 2020: Rejects sent by email, others still under consideration notified also
Pace—[3/1 has started to notify, phone call for accepted students and/or snail mail, rolling more calls 3/7]
Penn State - [starting updating portal 2/14; started notifications for accepted students 2/26]
Point Park—[3/13 Emails to everyone, all at once, snail mail to follow up.]
Rider - 2020: Rolling and can be as quick as a few days after audition - [Portal change beginning 2/11/19. Definite Y to be posted on the portal and mailed out before 2/21; Committee meets 2/21 to discuss remaining applicants and then everyone else notified 1st of March 2019 via snail mail]
Roosevelt— 2020 - said trying for 3/15 - last year they started notifying 3/15 email was sent out to check your portal
Shenandoah—2020 around 3/2-3/6 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist. Last day of auditions is 2/22, then will decide and call before their spring break 3/6.
SUNY Cortland [1/30/19 email]
Syracuse—[3/15 via email (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March last year]
SMU - 2020: rolling via email
SE Missouri St-[Rolling, via email]
TCU - [Notifications started 3/5 via email]
Temple— 2020 notifying now, rolling - portal update for academic and artistic admit, email for artistic admit (some have not gotten email for artistic, just saw portal change)
Texas State—[phone call to accepted students, rolling once auditions are complete, they meet each weekend and send notifications the following week.]
UArts—[starting about a week after audition; snail mail, rolling]
UAB - [email notification]
UAZ—[Rolling notifications have started 2/28]
University of Miami—[3/22, via portal, all at once - navigate to the letter under “student center” and then “message center.”]
U Central Ok - 2020: Greg expects offers to go out around 3/6
University of OK - [changed to prescreens and auditions this year - notifications will be a few more weeks - 4/1?]
Utah—[notifications going out now (early March) via email mail and then rolling]
UC Irvine - [3/22 via portal]
UCLA—[3/22 via portal, all at once]
UNCG - [Everyone should know March 15 “give or take a day” phone call: 3/11]
UNSCA - [Rolling out now through the end of Feb - calls to accepted students, email direct to portal for “no” decision.]
USC - [3/21 will mail notifications, with portal update 3/24]
U Wisconsin Stevens Point - 2020 email to all auditionees between 3/7 - 3/13
Viterbo— 2020 via email, rolling now
Wagner - [3/9 rolling now - there have been some calls - more to follow]
Webster— 2020 - offers will be mailed end of March to be received about April 1st
Western CT State—[2-3 weeks after final audition day on March 2nd, all at once; snail mail 3/11]
Western Michigan - [3/20 - notifications rolling calls for acceptances, email for anything else]
Wright St - [discontinued rolling admission this year. Last audition day was 2/24, has started notifying 2/26]
Xavier — [Emailing acceptances now - 3/1]

My daughters friend ( a female) received an acceptance yesterday from CCM.