Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@NeensMom BoCo Early Action notifications are Jan 31. Everyone else “by April 1”

@DramaLlama18 OH gotcha! Thanks!

@Rocketwoman37 should have said, fingers crossed for tomorrow!

BoCo result just released.

BOCO Deferred to regular decision at least it’s not a no…

Boco acceptance received 12:01 last night:) Thrilled as its been a bumpy ride:)

@mamaboyz Congratulations!!! Very exciting to have a big one in the bag!!

She has the email from BoCo but won’t open it! Ackkkk!
Decision from Montclair came via Email - auditioned at NYC Unifieds.

Is Montclair doing rolling decisions or was this an early decision deadline?

Congrats to those who got accepted to BOCO today. My son’s friend got accepted as well this morning. Wish we had done early decision. We have a long wait ahead of us. Waiting on BOCO, PACE and Point Park. I honestly hate this. He’s my youngest and I didn’t have to go through this with his brother. I admire these kids for their strength and perseverance.

It’s a no from BoCo. Finally opened the Email. Whew, it sure is hard to watch your kid be disappointed.

@Rocketwoman37 Rats! I’m so sorry about BoCo and agree it’s hard to hear/see a no. Sending hugs. The season is young. @mamaboyz Congrats and nice!! @MTquest24 not a no is still a yes, for now! and @khalijahsmom we had to wait for BoCo until 3/31, so hunker down for the long game.

@SingerDancerMom Montclair is rolling, unless something has changed since last year.

Aw, sorry about the rejection @Rocketwoman37 . The right school is out there.

I try and remind myself that every rejection helps my kid grow as a human being, and they hurt my heart more because I’m just an observer and not a participant.

@Rocketwoman37 it sucks plain & simple…But every no is one step closer to finding out where you will eventually be…as my friend @lovetoact has been telling me ( & her own 3) you will bloom where you are planted :slight_smile:

How long does it take to hear back from Hartt? Do they send an email, snail mail, or portal?

The Big List from late March 2019 and all dates are 2019 dates. Things may be different for 2020 - we can all wiki-edit as the craziness unfolds!

American - Notifying 3/18 via snail mail
Arizona State - 3/14 and rolling via email
Baldwin Wallace–Fall early auditions have been notified. Will notify 3/7 via email for those who auditioned after Nov.
Ball State—rolling - email and phone call to accepted students
Belmont - some yes and no notifications already rolling. Everyone should know March 1st via snail mail
Boston Conservatory— ED on January 31 via portal, RD no later than 4/1/2020.
BU - March 23 via email and portal
Carnegie Mellon—Plans to notify 3/7 via Acceptd direct to portal (or just check the portal), all at once
Catholic -rolling
CCM—3/9 has notified yes’ - email notifications for those still in the pool weekly through out Feb and March
Coastal Carolina University- emails started 3/6, trying to notify everyone by 3/15 - may be spread out over several days/week
Drake - have seen at least one acceptance 3/14 - not sure if they’re rolling or all at once?
Elon - all on the same day, expected to be 3/15 this year
Emerson—3/14, email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.
Five Towns - rolling
FSU—Acceptance calls made 2/27, there is an alternate list - look for notification letter next week.
Hartt - Rolling notifications
Illinois Wesleyan - notifies via snail mail, some yeses reported last week of Feb.
Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd
Ithaca - Starts notifying typically last week of February/first week of March vis portal - notifications have started
Jacksonville University - 3/17 email to check portal
JMU - March 1 EA. 3/13 for RD applicants via MyMadison portal.
LIU/Post— Rolling beginning mid-February, 2020
Manhattan School of Music—4/1 vis portal, all at once
Marymount Manhattan - sends email to check portal, rolling? or maybe rolling after a certain date?
Michigan—February 28 acceptance via phone call; portal change for others - notify all at once
Minnesota Duluth - email from head of the program - rolling?
Millikin - rolling
Missouri State - rolling, via email
Montclair - Rolling notifications, they’re still auditioning through 3/23
Molloy/CAP21—started 3/1, email
Muhlenberg - decisions for ED 1 in Dec, ED 2 by Feb 28, and RD by March 19 - posted on portal
Nebraska Wesleyan - rolling - still auditioning up until April 1.
Northern Colorado—rolling
Northwestern— 3/21 email directing to portal, all at once
NYU— 3/28 via portal, everyone, all at once
OCU —rolling now, via email
Ohio Northern - rolling
Ohio University - rolling notifications - have head of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
Otterbein - Notifications going out now thru mid-March - calls to accepted students, getacceptd for no and waitlist
Pace—3/1 has started to notify, phone call for accepted students and/or snail mail, rolling more calls 3/7
Penn State - starting updating portal 2/14; started notifications for accepted students 2/26
Point Park—3/13 Emails to everyone, all at once, snail mail to follow up.
Rider - Portal change beginning 2/11. Definite Y to be posted on the portal and mailed out before 2/21; Committee meets 2/21 to discuss remaining applicants and then everyone else notified 1st of March via snail mail
Roosevelt—started notifying 3/15 email was sent out to check your portal
Shenandoah—3/5 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist
SUNY Cortland 1/30/19 email
Syracuse—3/15 via email (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March last year
TCU - Notifications started 3/5 via email
Temple—notifying now, rolling - portal update for academic admit, email for artistic admit
Texas State—phone call to accepted students, rolling once auditions are complete, they meet each weekend and send notifications the following week.
UArts—starting about a week after audition; snail mail, rolling
UAB - email notification
UAZ—Rolling notifications have started 2/28
University of Miami—3/22, via portal, all at once - navigate to the letter under “student center” and then “message center.”
University of OK - changed to prescreens and auditions this year - notifications will be a few more weeks - 4/1?
Utah—notifications going out now (early March) via email mail and then rolling
UC Irvine - 3/22 via portal
UCLA—3/22 via portal, all at once
UNCG - Everyone should know March 15 “give or take a day” phone call: 3/11
UNSCA - Rolling out now through the end of Feb - calls to accepted students, email direct to portal for “no” decision.
USC - 3/21 will mail notifications, with portal update 3/24
Viterbo—via email, rolling
Wagner - 3/9 rolling now - there have been some calls - more to follow
Webster— snail mail acceptances go out around 3/8 (info from this year) - some calls have been reported for “yes”
Western CT State—2-3 weeks after final audition day on March 2nd, all at once; snail mail 3/11
Western Michigan - 3/20 - notifications rolling calls for acceptances, email for anything else
Wright St - discontinued rolling admission this year. Last audition day was 2/24, has started notifying 2/26
Xavier — Emailing acceptances now - 3/1

I updated BoCo and LIU Post based on 2020 info. I put 2020 in the description too so everyone can see it has been updated for this year. I hope others will add new info as it comes out. It would be nice to give 2025 a complete updated list for this time next year.

@NeensMom How should we update it? I saw somewhere about adding color but I don’t know how to do that. I have an updated date for MSM that I can add (Feb 24).

@MTMom2024 I just copied and pasted the most recent version, added my update to the schools and put 2020 in the description for the school.