Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@closemama …and I just re-read you said your D got it in Dec not years past. Just ignore me. I’m frazzled. Would be nice to get a yes in here somewhere to bring me down off the ledge.

Just got a yes from BOCO CT!!! Wow, and I had just asked about it

@StephKK there was an email in D’s spam folder inviting her to accepted students day so I called the school and asked about it. They confirmed she was accepted and emailed over an acceptance letter with a scholarship package. They said they are late in sending out snail mail packages but they “should arrive in a few days.”

@mkendell YAY!!!

@neensmom- congrats we know a few kids who fell in love with U of Arts at their auditions this year…@mkendell congrats, I apologize for my naivete but whats contemporary thater vs acting or MT?? either way Im sure at BOCO its a fantastic win for you guys, congrats!

@onceuponadancer Roosevelt is really aiming for a March 6th notification date, but because this is so much earlier than their usual March 15th time-frame, it is possible there could be a delay. CCPA (Chicago College of Performing Arts) is made up of two branches, the Theatre Conservatory (which includes BFA MT, MT-Dance, and Acting), and the Music Conservatory. Admissions decisions for both Conservatories go out at once. They are getting close!

My D is a BFA MT freshman. We thought she would be happy at Roosevelt, but her experience has far, far exceeded our expectations. It has been an ideal fit for her! I hope you get good news!

Contemporary Theatre is their Acting program. BOCO theatre does a lot of devised, ensemble theatre:)

@flippedout – Texas

Woohoo! Congrats @mkendell ! Too funny that you were just asking!

@mkendell – that’s awesome! Oh man, that means decisions are coming. Did you get yours via email or snail mail? Also, can you let me know when you applied? We did Chicago Unifieds. Thanks, and CONGRATS!!

@mkendell Congrats! Thats a HUGE acceptance. Unlike their MT, the CT at BoCo is very small. I think they only take like 6 or 8 kids total. It’s HIGHLY selective! Your child must be an exceptional actor! My older daughter’s dorm roommate at BoCo was in the first Contemporary Theatre class and has absolutely LOVED it and has totally thrived! She’s even done a study abroad, performed at the Kennedy Center, and had many, many unexpected opportunities!

Anyone know when BoCo MT is coming out? Also Hartt? I still haven’t heard from them.

No news is good news from Hartt, @Stress19372919 – they seem to email rejections pretty quickly but acceptances are snail-mailed in what was described by the admissions guy as “really cool envelopes.”

BoCo MT says by April 1st and we are expecting to hear from them last, but we’d be delighted if they released decisions sooner.

And just because… it has to be a leap year so February is one day Looonnggeeerrr!
Tomorrow would hav been March 1 ?

@NeensMom we got that admitted students email too. Hmmm now we’ll have to wait til Monday to call? At least there’s still hope. Thanks for the update. And congrats!!!

Thank you so much! It is a wonderful program. We are very thankful for this acceptance!

I messaged you!

D just received her acceptance letter by snail mail for Nebraska Wesleyan’s BFA MT program. We are super excited since it made OnStage Blogs top 30 list for MT programs this year. Also received a no thanks from Ohio Northern, but she wasn’t too broken up about that.

Best thing is now we have options! Yay!

Congratulations @MamaBear2020
@mkendell @NeensMom - all wonderful programs!!

No email or snail mail from Molloy/Cap21 yesterday & not looking like anything in today’s mail either. Wondering if anyone got the yes/WL email yesterday or if Monday is the day? Forget who asked but we are on the east coast …

@IStressSoDWont we are East coast too, and no email or snail mail from Molly/Cap21 yet, either. Good luck to all! And Congratulations to those who already have some yes’s!! We are still waiting to get one yes, so that I can exhale! My D is handling it WAAAAYYYY better than I am!! ?