Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

So sorry, @ElizaDoolittle. I’m glad she’s taking it in stride.

I just posted this on the Venting thread but wanted to also post it here since you all have been so supportive and also such good sources of program info. I apologize to those on both threads.

More bad news today but finally one piece of good news. My D got a no from Marymount (16th rejection) but a YES from SCAD!!! At last a BFA (Performing Arts) program!
In truth, D does not want the south. She refused to apply to any southern schools. She only did the SCAD audition as a walk-in at Chicago Unifieds on a whim because the visual arts aspect was really appealing and the people were so warm. It was an only-for-scholarship audition so it seemed like good practice in a low stakes environment. It is really not an MT program, though they are trying to build it. Anyway, beggars cannot be choosers so, if this is her only yes, she will go. I would be grateful for any info that any of you have on SCAD. For now, we are just celebrating having 1 yes in her column!

@NeensMom @anastasiasmom I think one of you started this list? I woudl like to suggest that you add SCAD to this list.

@BrennaK Someone posted within the past day or two on one of these threads that Pace is going to notify on 3/15.

@AnxiousNovice Congrats!!! I know some kids who have attended there for design but not theatre. I do have a kid who I used to work with a lot who just shot a film with some SCAD students. She flew to South Carolina I think? The film turned out amazing and it is in several film festivals this year! I think they are trying to push out of the only-visual-arts offerings and expand to other arts programs. Go visit!! Your daughter may fall in love!

We don’t know anyone who’s heard “yes” from Indiana, either … so if they’ve actually started notifying, it’s probably a very short list to start with?

@AnxiousNovice - Congratulations!!! I don’t know anything about SCAD but I do know that Savannah is a beautiful town - so the school is probably lovely - good luck!!

@AnxiousNovice I have an art student who will be going to SCAD this fall and my husband was just there for their film festival. He loves the campus and the people there. We are actually planning to visit it this summer for my D who is a junior.

From what I understand there is no musical theatre program but those in the performing arts/acting program have amazing opportunities. They have an on campus casting department that cast students in films all over the area.

@AnxiousNovice Any one can add to the list… YOU should do it. You earned it!!!

@lojosmo Thanks but my D earned it. :slight_smile: I will add it though, in case the prgram grows and future classes want the info.

@onette @DivaStageMom @iowamtmom Thanks for the good wishes and the info.

the Big List from late March 2019 and all 2019 information is in [BRACKETS]. Things may be different for 2020 - when you update with 2020 information, please remove everything in brackets and note the 2020 date in your update. Thank you!

Updated to add SCAD

American - [Notifying 3/18 via snail mail]
Arizona State - [3/14 and rolling via email]
Baldwin Wallace–[Fall early auditions have been notified. Will notify 3/7 via email for those who auditioned after Nov.]
Ball State— 2020 rolling - email and calls to accepted students. Email for rejection or deferral to another arts program, a few weeks after audition.
Baylor - 2020 rolling - email
Belmont - [some yes and no notifications already rolling. Everyone should know March 1st via snail mail]
Boston Conservatory— ED on January 31, 2020 via portal, RD no later than 4/1/2020.
BU - [March 23 via email and portal]
Carnegie Mellon—[Plans to notify 3/7 via Acceptd direct to portal (or just check the portal), all at once]
Catholic - [rolling]
CCM— 2020: Some rejections and acceptances have started coming out
Coastal Carolina University- [emails started 3/6, trying to notify everyone by 3/15 - may be spread out over several days/week]
Drake - [have seen at least one acceptance 3/14 - not sure if they’re rolling or all at once?]
Elon - [all on the same day, expected to be 3/15 this year]
Emerson— [3/14, email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.]
Five Towns - 2020: Rolling, many acceptances/scholarships given on the spot
FSU—2020: FSU Acceptance phone calls began 2/24/20; waitlists will receive a letter in the mail; declined students will receive an email.
Hartt - February 2020: Rejections and some acceptances already rolling out. Rejections by email.
Illinois Wesleyan - [notifies via snail mail, some yeses reported last week of Feb.
Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd]
Ithaca - 2020: Began sending acceptances through email directing to portal on 2/21
Jacksonville University - [3/17 email to check portal]
JMU - [March 1 EA. 3/13 for RD applicants via MyMadison portal.]
LIU/Post— 2/10/2020, rolling, snail mail and email
Manhattan School of Music— 2/24/2020
Marymount Manhattan - 2020 update: They try to send email notifications to check portal within 2 weeks of the audition, sometimes much sooner. Digital auditions will not receive a decision until sometime in March.
Michigan—[February 28 acceptance via phone call; portal change for others - notify all at once]
Minnesota Duluth - [email from head of the program - rolling?]
Millikin - 2020 update: acceptances rolling, snail mail
Missouri State - [rolling, via email]
Montclair - Rolling notifications starting 2/18/20, they’re still auditioning through 3/28. Portal updated before letters/emails are sent.
Molloy/CAP21— Acceptances and waitlists sent to everyone via email on March 2nd. Rejections sent a few days before by snail mail.
Muhlenberg - [decisions for ED 1 in Dec, ED 2 by Feb 28, and RD by March 19 - posted on portal]
Nebraska Wesleyan - 2020: Acceptances are going out through snail mail, still auditioning
Northern Colorado—[rolling]
Northern Kentucky—rolling
Northwestern— [3/21 email directing to portal, all at once]
NYU— [3/28 via portal, everyone, all at once]
OCU —[rolling now, via email]
Ohio Northern - 2020 update: confirmed snail mail decisions week of 2/24 [rolling]
Ohio University - 2020 Update: Confirm rolling notifications for this year (email followed by snail mail) - last year - rolling notifications - have head of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
Otterbein - 2020: Rejects sent by email, others still under consideration notified also
Pace—[3/1 has started to notify, phone call for accepted students and/or snail mail, rolling more calls 3/7]
Penn State - [starting updating portal 2/14; started notifications for accepted students 2/26]
Point Park—[3/13 Emails to everyone, all at once, snail mail to follow up.]
Rider - 2020: Rolling and can be as quick as a few days after audition - [Portal change beginning 2/11/19. Definite Y to be posted on the portal and mailed out before 2/21; Committee meets 2/21 to discuss remaining applicants and then everyone else notified 1st of March 2019 via snail mail]
Roosevelt— 2020 - said trying for 3/15 - last year they started notifying 3/15 email was sent out to check your portal
SCAD - 2020 rolling admission; audition only for scholarship
Shenandoah—2020 around 3/2-3/6 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist. Last day of auditions is 2/22, then will decide and call before their spring break 3/6.
SUNY Cortland [1/30/19 email]
Syracuse—[3/15 via email (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March last year]
SMU - 2020: rolling via email
SE Missouri St-[Rolling, via email]
TCU - [Notifications started 3/5 via email]
Temple— 2020 notifying now, rolling - portal update for academic and artistic admit, email for artistic admit (some have not gotten email for artistic, just saw portal change)
Texas State—2020 phone calls began 2/23. Phone calls to accepted students. rolling once auditions are complete, they meet each weekend and send notifications the following week. Could go late into April. They do not admit extra to yield fewer. If accepted students decline new calls will go out.
UArts— 2020: Rolling, taking longer than last year. 2-3 weeks after an audition to send snail mail. Portal does not update.
UAB - [email notification]
UAZ— 2/18/20 calls began for acceptances, updates to portal for rejections began 2/24
University of Miami—[3/22, via portal, all at once - navigate to the letter under “student center” and then “message center.”]
U Central Ok - 2020: Greg expects offers to go out around 3/6
University of OK - [changed to prescreens and auditions this year - notifications will be a few more weeks - 4/1?]
Utah—[notifications going out now (early March) via email mail and then rolling]
UC Irvine - [3/22 via portal]
UCLA—[3/22 via portal, all at once]
UNCG - [Everyone should know March 15 “give or take a day” phone call: 3/11]
UNCSA - 2020: Calls to accepted students started 2/23/20, emails direct to portal for “no” decision started 02/25/20 [W/L believed to be notified via snail mail or phone call]
USC - [3/21 will mail notifications, with portal update 3/24]
U Wisconsin Stevens Point - 2020 email to all auditionees between 3/7 - 3/13
Viterbo— 2020 via email, rolling now
Wagner - [3/9 rolling now - there have been some calls - more to follow]
Webster— 2020 - offers will be mailed end of March to be received about April 1st
West Virginia University-2020: calls to accepted students 2/26
Western CT State—[2-3 weeks after final audition day on March 2nd, all at once; snail mail 3/11]
Western Michigan - [3/20 - notifications rolling calls for acceptances, email for anything else]
Wright St - [discontinued rolling admission this year. Last audition day was 2/24, has started notifying 2/26]
Xavier — [Emailing acceptances now - 3/1]
Today at 10:42 am

Congratulations @AnxiousNovice! So happy your daughter has a YES!

We are still very anxiously waiting for D’s Marymount decision. Did you just receive yours today? When did she audition?

@AnxiousNovice Congrats to your D! My D also got into SCAD. She really enjoyed her audition with the creative director at the Chicago Unified and then went back later in the day and met the Dean of Performing Arts who is a former head of casting at CBS. She seems to have a lot of connections to the huge film industry in Georgia. My D also has her heart set on MT, but her strength is in acting, not singing, and she’s good on-camera. As hard as these MT rejections are, they are telling her to think more broadly about what other career paths might exist for her. BTW, my cousin’s son goes there for game design and truly loves it!

@NeensMom My D had to send in a digital audition to Marymount because she got the flu. She sent it in on 2/1. I heard that they held all the digital auditions until the end. Did your D do an in-person or digital audition. Answer to other question is that D got an email directed her to updated portal mid-afternoon east coast time. Hope this helps and that you get good news soon.

Congratulations @AnxiousNovice !!!

@MTMamoo Congrats to your D on SCAD and thanks for info. My D auditioned for the two people that you mentioned and they were wonderful. The Dean certainly has an impressive resume. My D is also realizing from all her Acting redirects that maybe she should reconsider Acting BFAs. She still wants stage (versus film) though. I am just hoping that the training has a lot of overlap.

First time to post! Thanks to all who have posted info for the rest of us! Like many others, we are w.a.i.t.i.n.g. I know a few people have asked about Ball State which is one we are also waiting on. I found this on their website today and thought I’d share :slight_smile:

Notification
We will make every effort to contact you by phone if you are admitted to the BFA programs (acting, dance, musical theatre, or design and technology) by April 15. We will also do our best to contact you with information regarding scholarships at that time. If you are not accepted to the acting, musical theatre, or dance options, you will be contacted via e-mail. We will make every effort to contact you via email if you are admitted to one of the BA/BS in theatre options or the teaching major in theatre by April 15. We will also do our best to contact you with information regarding scholarships by that time.

Re: Ball State. We were notified last week by email of being put on the waitlist for MT. The website update mentioned above is accurate.

RE: Ball State - I find it really weird that offers have gone out and waitlist communications have been emailed when there are people who haven’t heard anything yet. You would think no’s would be sent before waitlist notifications went out. Hmmmm…just makes me wonder how to interpret those who have not received a no or a call / email yet.