Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@TheatreDad69 Are you certain they made it through all 12 mt calls? We heard they were just calling guys tonight but then heard of 2 girls getting acceptances.

ok. Iā€™ll start replying so I can send you a message.
I have several questions about Naz.

Ok. Got it.

@dizzynadrama If you let me know your questions if you canā€™t PM yet. Iā€™ll be happy to answer your questions.

Can I add a school?

I really just want to know so much about the program. My d loved the women she interviewed with. We plan to visit soon.
How big is the MT program? How long has it been around? Can they audition/perform as freshman?
How is the dance instruction? My d is ā€œdancer firstā€- so wants /needs to be challenged.
Why is Naz not mentioned on most MT lists (especially on CC?
Do you like the faulty and the vibe of the school?
What is Rochester like?

We received an email a few weeks ago that they would notify us of a final decision by April 1st.

@NeensMom So sorry you are still waiting. I know how much it sucks. My positive spin on your situation is that my Dā€™ video went in much later than yours and your D is still in the running. Letā€™s hope that no news is good news.

agree.

@dizzynadrama I think Naz is more of a hidden gem and is starting to get more attention. I canā€™t really say itā€™s not mentioned more here on CC but I personally think a lot more people are finding out about it.

They usually take around 18, but this freshman class is around 22 because they got more yes answers than expected (see, become more well known!). My son is certainly not a dancer first! But, the dance faculty has brought him sooo far so fast! They are challenging but so so supportive. He loves dance, especially ballet, which was a surprise to me!! Many of the MTs are dance minors. There is a dance showcase each year, as well.

Freshmen can audition for student-run productions in the fall semester because the department run productions are cast in May before the prior year ends. Then freshmen will audition for everything. there is a freshman showcase for the MTs during Family Weekend in October! So that is fun for us parents! There is always something going on performance-wise. I have put a lot of miles on my car traveling up for things. I live in NYC so itā€™s a 5.5 hr. drive.

The voice training is incredible. Freshman year focus on vocal health and proper technique, which is so important for young singers. Acting the song is of course part of it too, but that is focused on a lot more sophomore year.

The department head, Corinne, checks in regularly with the freshmen to see how they are doing. She is a tough-love mom type and truly cares about the students.

Naz is in PIttsford, a suburb of Rochester. My son loves it up there and is very comfortable in the area. It is not isolated in the country at all. Where are you from?

Hope I answered a few of your questions. Please visit and ask Corinne to set up a day sitting in on classes, etc. Oh, almost forgot there are a ton of masterclasses all year, as well!

@NYKaren
We are from Dallas. Iā€™m super excited to everything you said about Naz. She has a few options in the table but keeps going back to Naz because of the way they made her feel and the time they spent with her. Itā€™s actually very surprising to me - but I really want her to be where she feels comfortable and is growing in all areas.
The school is $$ but (IMO) she was offered a pretty good package. Is that negotiable?
And when does she need to make a final de union?
Do you mean they offered 22 spots or 22 people have said yes?
We need to reach out and plan a trip. We really thought she would be in nyc (Marymount, Montclair or Roosevelt)- do upstate ny is new to us.
Did you s go with someone he knew? My d will know nobody and will be far from Texas ?.
Any suggestion on a good time to visit in the next 6 weeks?

@yellowheart the word I got on CMU was they made their 12 callsā€¦6 guys and 6 girls for MT. Acting is unclear. Keep in mind this is second hand information but it is a very good source.

@dizzynadrama I would love to start a thread on Naz to try to find out more! My kid loved the audition with this school as well. It has been on our radar for over a year and we were so thrilled when the audition went well. We went and visited it over our holiday break a couple of weeks ago. The school is adorable and the facilities are beautiful. The students my kid got to shadow at the school were so kind and friendly. Still feel like we need more info. We have a few options and are super torn between a few schools so trying to learn as much as we possibly can from people that really know the deal. Thanks so much for sharing @NYKaren!

@TheatreDad69 @yellowheart I can confirm CMU calls were made.

@SingerDancerMom @MTMamoo Yes, Theatre Design and Production and Your Mileage May Vary! Seems like very little information in Notification Land applies to both Tech and Performance admissions ā€“ Tech/D&P departments have their own timelines. ?ā€ā™€ļø

@AnxiousNovice Congrats on SCAD! We have a friend there for film who loves it and is doing amazing work!!

@chipmunkmom thanks! Sounds like weā€™ll know rejection or waitlist in the next day or so.

Yes. Yes. I agree.
We plan to visit very soon and my d is seriously considering NAZ over two other (more known) schools. I just wish I heard more about the program on this site. However, I do take the fact that my d feels excited about it, based on the few interactions - as a good sign. At the end of the day, I guess it doesnā€™t really matter how much itā€™s ā€œtalked about on CCā€. Rather, itā€™s about where she sees herself and is comfortable, feels valued and challenged.

Great News about Naz! My D got accepted as well and is very excited. The director was great and very engaged in the audition. Not much on here about the program. Can anyone add some info here. Thanks!

.to clarify CMU is Carnegie Mellon correct? (Iā€™ve seen ppl write CM before)