Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

Did anyone get notified from BW yet?

@StanfordAI2019 I know it was one of her favorite auditions also! And I think she is seriously considering it. The big worry was making industry connections and being forced to come back here after (after all your connections you’ve made are there). This is a kid who wants to travel the world, though…so although the visa thing is an issue, I’m not sure it would be an obstacle to her! She and her mom are going back and forth about the near/far thing (as I am sure that many others are). I remember several kids returning home after a few weeks of college my freshman year and I was surprised! But homesickness is a real thing…and being “across the pond” makes it a little more complicated. This girl is super close to her family, so I could potentially see a concern :slight_smile: but you have to try and fly…

advice please - D’s #1 is Pace, She applied to MT / Act & BA Act. no calls, no letters, no emails, no Portal change from any of the 3 programs. We are hoping that no news is good news. Should we call? The stress of not knowing is the worst!

seems she might be ending up on several WL - already on Roosevelt & UNCG.

she has a few yeses and is still waiting on Emerson, Webster, Boston, & DePaul.

@shmyers wondering the same about Pace!

@Shmyers our coach (Chelsea Diehl at My College Audition) recommends a short email from the student to programs we’re still waiting to hear from, expressing whatever genuine feelings (“This is my first choice school” or “I am still very interested in XXX University”) your student has.

@shmyers we are in the same boat! Crickets!

@legitmt BW’s practice has typically been to notify at around 5pm eastern. So… hard as it is, try not to get too anxious til late today!

@shmyers @soltheatre @Beehive2020 I know calls have been made for MT and Acting, but I have not seen one call about the Film/Voiceover program. I don’t necessarily think they are finished with any of the 3 programs, and my son received a call last night from them asking if he was still interested, and when he said yes, just waiting to hear from the BFA program, she said decisions will be out by the end of the month. That made sense to me because I thought I recall reading on one of the threads here that Pace is a slow rollout throughout the entire month of March…HTH!!!

So many universities are now going to online classes and/or extending spring breaks. Especially in NYC. Ohio State now added to that list. Admin offices are still open, but surely the discussions are slowing things down.

Anyone heard from Univ of Central Oklahoma (UCO)? I thought notifications were to go out late February/early March. If you’ve heard, was it email, snail mail or phone?

@StanfordAI2019 @onette @sarahsmom02 I think we don’t hear much about Scotland Conservatoire because they accept so few students for MT. About 15/year total, and maybe one American? My only direct experience is from a friend of my daughter’s who was waitlisted and eventually chose another path mid-May.

@LyricalMom One of my kids got an acceptance last Friday and I assumed (incorrectly) that meant they were rolling out. Originally, we had heard late Feb/early March also. My other kid got an email to ask if they were still interested in being considered and that the final decisions would be around April 15.

Thank you @onette - wow, April 15 is late!

anyone know what time Pace typically calls?

@soltheatre ~ I saw a post from the school that indicated between 4:45 and 5:00 eastern time.

Baldwin Wallace email just arrived! (Rejection, which we expected and she’s not disappointed by.)

@StephKK @TimeToFindInfo have either of you heard from Columbia College Chicago? My D auditioned Feb 8 and they said 2 weeks, but it’s been 4…

@IStressSoDWont - They had their final auditions on Sat 3/7 so perhaps they were waiting to assess those students before sending out acceptances? They told us the same things…2 weeks.

@Ontheverge makes sense - thanks! More waiting ?

Any advice from anyone with experience getting off waitlists?