Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

Does anyone from last year know of if anyone came off the MT waitlist or is it totally unheard for for BW?

One person came off last year.

@StanfordAI2019 we received a call that same evening from them about regular admissions. On my phone it says ā€˜possible spam from new yorkā€™ and it is a 212 area code. Since it said spam we almost didnt answer it, but it is admissions just seeing if students are still interested in attending.

So, are folks expecting calls to come today from Coastal? Does anyone know how the Noā€™s arrive? Good Luck friends.

Point Parkā€™s website said they will start sending out decisions today. I was also told by Western Connecticut that their decisions will be out by the end of the week.

Just curious. - did any of the waitlisted applicants for BW audition in California? Thought it was odd that not a single applicant did a monologue there and we walked away wondering if it was a legit audition. Auditioned for many schools and skipping the monologue for all applicants is odd to us! Congrats to all the waitlisted. Crossing fingers!

@GeddyMcNutty any idea in what form PPU notifications will be? Emails? Snail mail? Portal?

In past years PPU has notified by email. Thatā€™s how my D got her ā€œyesā€ four years ago. They roll out throughout the day, so if you donā€™t hear first thing donā€™t get nervous.

@notforthefaintofheart the NYC audition for BW in January that was through MTCA also did not have a monologue component and we were waitlisted. not sure of any pattern but thats kind of VBā€™s call for off campus auditions, I think in part bc their acting head doesnt travel to their off campus auditions, but I could be 100% wrong about that

@legitmt I believe the list from last year said emails all at once with snail mail to follow.

We know a girl from CA who was accepted and one waitlisted for BW. Do they do monologues on campus?

@NYYFanNowMTdad - good to know! Thank you.

@intheburbs - did she audition in CA or was she from CA? On campus has the monologue component. We went in to the CA audition expecting the music test, vocal audition and monologue. We walked away feeling that it was odd to do a vocal only.

@intheburbs I believe yes BW does Monologues on campus, but could not say for sure since we auditioned off campus.

Does anyone know when Elon decisions are expected to come out?

@intheburbs,@notforthefaintofheart,@NYYFanNowMTdad Yes, BW does Monologues on campus. My D auditioned on campus in November.

@notforthefaintofheart , I personally know of one acceptance and two WL from the CA audition you mentionedā€¦all 3 of those students are from CA, and auditioned in CA. I spoke to one of the moms, and she too thought it was odd that they didnā€™t do a monologue. HTH! :slight_smile:

I also did the MTCA audition in NYC and I was asked for a monologue additionally, but was still waitlisted. So weird!

Point Park Sent acceptance emails

@GeddyMcNutty For Western Connecticut, Iā€™m assuming this means snail mail will be sent out by the end of the week, not received by the end of the week? Do you have any insight into that?

Yes the two I know auditioned in CA. We did as well ( got a no, as expected) and really felt not having a monologue was a loss and told us it wasnā€™t a good fit anyhow. I have to say Victoria gives a fantastic overview and her and her teamā€™s commitment is palpable. Congrats to all who got a Yes and WL!