Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@wishiknewtgen Sorry about the no, but thanks for the update. My D was the only tech interview that day (although we figure there were more scheduled on the 22nd), so we are a little surprised she hasn’t heard anything. ?‍♀️

@rickle1 and @muttsandMT that was my understanding from the Syracuse info session as well. In our info session he actually said that once they send their list of kids to admissions they do not have any more say over the process. He also used the example of having a kid who scores almost 100% artistically not passing admissions, but a kid who scored a 60% could pass admissions and therefore be accepted.

At what point is it appropriate to ask a school if they have made a decision. In this thread I have read that yeses and nos for one of my D’s schools have been out for a few weeks now and notification was be email. My D has been accepted academically with some really great scholarships, but nothing regarding MT.

In your shoes, I’d call and ask politely if they could share when they expect to release decisions. Things do get lost in the (e)mail. It happened to us.

Ugh…saw on USPS Informed Delivery that a small envelope was coming from Webster today. Likely not the news we wanted :frowning:

@StanfordAI2019 - have you been in contact with Lara up until now?

@DivaStageMom - yes, a bit, but not nearly as much as others on this board. My D was actually in more frequent touch with the Acting department. I wonder if the ‘no’ will be just for MT or for both. My D auditioned for both.

@StanfordAI2019 Us too. Was hoping for Western Connecticut, but will get an answer on Webster instead it seems. Aren’t all the letters the same size regardless of acceptance, waitlist or rejection?

@PNWdrama - can’t remember where I saw it, but I saw somewhere on here that ‘acceptances’ were calls, ‘waitlists’ were e-mails, and 'no’s were snail mail. :frowning: Still holding out some hope, but not much

@StanfordAI2019 I hope not! I had down that all communications were via mail. I guess we’ll find out. BAL

@PNWdrama – hope you’re right! I very easily could have mixed up the schools. Good luck!

FYI – Emerson notifications are scheduled to be released today. From 1:30-4:00pm ET, based on your mailing address. BAL everyone!

@StanfordAI2019 I had the same thing written down for Webster :(. I know they have made some calls for MT and Acting but I’m not sure how many.

@StanfordAI2019 Ugh Emerson has been the major distraction for me all last week, it’ll be nice to have that one resolved today!!

@StanfordAI2019 I saw on Informed Delivery that the Webster letter is coming today, as well. I had written down that all acceptances and no’s were coming via snail mail. Trying not to worry about the regular letter size because her “BIG” envelope came with the academic acceptance. ? Best wishes to everyone!

Has anyone heard anything from UMiami?

@moosegirlemy2 my understanding is the U of Miami doesn’t release results until next week.

@moosegirlemy2 - no. I think Miami will come next week. No updates on their portal as of now

from past threads on Webster, I was under the impression Yesses come via calls or emails, Nos via snail mail… we had moderate communication w Lara, he pulled D out of the hallway at NY unifieds to have her sing another song & was very complimentary in first email exchange back in late January…rejection came in mail today

Emerson portal changed – the “view your prescreen results here” banner is gone, but so far, no result posted. 1:40 p.m.