Class of 2024 MT Artistic Acceptance Notifications: How/When/Where

@MTLover2002 Many of us have asked this question and no one has responded, so I’m guessing no one knows and we all just have to keep waiting!! :frowning:

@CBSQandA my daughter was admitted to Syracuse “undeclared major” 2 Friday’s ago; she had applied to MT program.

@MTLover2002 and @NeensMom I saw on another thread Miami releasing decisions on 4/1

On FB, Miami looks like 4/1

@CBSQandA , my D is still waiting for an answer on Acting too, and we know a few others who are as well.

I got accepted to Emerson about a week ago for business of creative enterprises!

• 3.33 gpa 1100 SATS- 600 English, 500 math
  • lots of EC’s and leadership roles, really good recs
  • really good essay- I believe that I what got me in

@MTisNutz: Lighten up, Francis.

I’m sure @DivaStageMom was just adding a bit of levity to the situation. She has risen to the occasion by not dignifying your response, so I will defend her here.

These are tense times and everyone is having to make adjustments. We all realize that there are some being hit harder than others and I don’t think anyone here on the board is taking that for granted.

@TexasMTDad while I like the Stripes reference :smile: , isnt everyone allowed to vent on BOTH sides of the ledger? some with sarcasm/humor, some with anger… like has been said on many of these threads the past week, everyone is on their last nerve…seems to be the case every year around this time, obviously the circumstances are even more exacerbated this year…one example is when I had a back and forth on the 2025 thread last week, I walked away for a few hours, came back & apologized for whatever role I played in creating bad vibes, yet I got no response or mutual response so???..

at this point in time I think everyone gets to say their peace…my 2 cents for whatever its worth ( likely not even 1 cent with the market down again today)

Hi all – I feel like I know all your kids already. For my D, her ‘top choice’ is Boco’s Contemporary Theatre concentration (essentially, their Acting program, where they also devise, write, direct, etc.) Very small class though. Something like 8-10 students.

This is cool though. Although we won’t hear about admittance for another week to 10 days, one the faculty members sent my D this funny video this morning. Just showing Boco faculty ‘working from home’ last week in a humorous compilation. Love the personal touch that humanizes the professors like this. If Boco is on your list, feel free to take a look. This includes both CT and MT faculty.

@WonderfulJourney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=quUT0bf5WhE&app=desktop

@StanfordAI2019 Fingers crossed for your daughter for BOCO’s CT program! Your D sounds like a great fit or vice versa for NYU/Tisch’s Experimental Theater Wing studio (ETW). I wonder if she applied.

@ Anyone hear anything about any changes to Northwestern’s notification date? Last I read, it was rumored to be today…

I thought the “rumor” was that Northwestern’s release is tomorrow, March 24.

Northwestern admissions Instagram states decisions released tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24.

@soozievt – oh, I don’t think we were aware of that program. DOES sound interesting. Crazy. Even with all this research, top program info still falls through the cracks.

For what it’s worth, I exchanged texts with an old B-school classmate, who is now an Econ professor at Northwestern. He believes admission info may come out as early as tonight. He’s not directly involved of course, but figured he knows better than any of us. LOL

@StanfordAI2019 - I feel so invested on this journey with you and your daughter - I am PRAYING for good news from BOCO and I am sending all the good vibes your way… Fingers crossed and all that other stuff - please let us know right away!!!

When do we find out ??

@DivaStageMom – that’s SO sweet of you to ask. Love this group. No later than 4/1. Fingers crossed.

Shouldn’t be a problem that non majors try out. It lets everyone feel included which is the point of AU. This is coming from a current student at AU that’s not in the program.

I get what you’re saying and I do absolutely agree that everyone is entitled to their feelings. I felt that the criticism was a bit harsh especially when it was obvious that the OP was just being humorous.

In these stressful times, I think that we can disagree respectfully, but we must all try to be nice to our fellow man.

just my $0.02

BTW, I was trying to be humorous with the Stripes reference… not be disrespectful.

Hi everyone – Is it acceptable or possible to request notes from admissions files for the schools where you received a no? Just thinking about this – seems like all of the time, money and effort put forth, we should at least get some feedback. Can anyone add thoughts?

@user_752736 In short, no. That is not customary and if requested, won’t be sent to you. Many schools specifically say so on their website. Unfortunately, you have to hire a coach if you want to get feedback on your readiness for college auditions.