Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

no X. No line even for fall grades.

I have the same thing, no x but it still asked for my fall grades under the tab where it said my decision was postponed. So I sent them along with the LOCI, but I understand why you’re hesitant to send them if they lower your GPA. It’s weird it says to send grades through the common/coalition app but I talked online with someone from the undergraduate admissions office, and they told me to send my fall grades through the email transcripts@umich.edu

Well, if no “X and the Fall transcript line” indicate that UMich isn’t interested in you. Why would they ask all deferred students to send fall transcript? Super confusing.

Financial Aid was brought up on another thread and I recently had a friend ask me if Michigan awarded aid for OOS students. I had found this on their Financial Aid website “How Aid is Awarded” and basically states in- state students receive the FA awards and OOS need to look elsewhere to make up any shortfall. Which makes sense given it is a state school and FA aid should go to any and all deserving In State students.

https://finaid.umich.edu/how-aid-is-awarded/

Once again
Michigan “does” give financial aid to OOS students. One of them is the Michigan grant. They are attempting to meet need depending on your situation.

https://finaid.umich.edu/new-undergraduates/non-resident-students-and-financial-aid/

@Knowsstuff Thank you, the link I found didn’t read like there was much there for OOS students. Both of my children’s counselors strongly suggest to all students to apply regardless if one thinks they would qualify or not as many schools are not need blind but need aware.

Yes need aware but read the link again. If you have a demonstrated need they will try to help. Follow the counselors advise. Many people OOS get aid and they weren’t expecting to get it.

Any stats for the last wave?

Does it hurt to send your regional rep an email updating them on your continued interest and fall grades? I feel like this wouldn’t be a deciding factor but it can’t hurt right?

I believe that Michigan has changed the way they do this, this year, with asking for a Loci and midterm grades. Instead of people not really knowing what to do in previous years. . I would think that application will make its way to your AO.

I think @sushiritto posted about the stats, dates, and no. of internationals accepted in each wave of deferred decisions on the EA thread (again, not too sure)

Could you please share them here? It’d be really helpful. Thanks!

I haven’t finished tallying the 2024 EA stats yet. Work in progress. Please bear with me.

Do we have anyone with deferred status that DOES have the X for fall grades?

@Edisonian i do

Does Michigan really release decisions as early as February 1?? Do you think if we submitted our loci and grades early in January they might have already read them?

Heard somewhere that Michigan releases decisions in order of academic achievement. For example, on January 31st only applicants with higher GPAs will hear and those with GPAs on the lower end of the Michigan GPA range will have to wait until March/April. Can someone confirm or deny this?

I posted the CC results of the February and March waves from 2019 in Post #6. Yes, the stats were slightly better in the 1st wave than the 2nd wave, but not by much.

@sushiritto I saw your post #6 and I was surprised only 44 were accepted! do you know how many were rejected?

@hmilo394 It’s all in the same post. Rejections in February wave were 0. And 3 in March. The info provided is only for CC members who posted. It’s not a large sample size.