Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

hey guys! how do i get added to the umich 24 groupme!?

@eastvillage My acceptance did not, I’m just listing it as my “chosen program of study” like it’s listed on my application. I indicated my interest in my application and I should find out if I got into RC in the next 3 wee

Waitlisted
EA deferred
CoE
In state
27 ACT
3.98 UW

Congrats to everyone who got in! If you’re like me and got rejected/waitlisted, perhaps you are destined to be somewhere else. I know it feels disappointing, but just think of the wonderful opportunities that could be waiting for you at your other options. It’s been really nice being part of this forum during the wait to get a decision. Good luck everyone! The future awaits you. :slight_smile:

Did anyone receive notification for the Ross preferred program? If applying for sports management, do you receive acceptance to Kinesiology and then another acceptance for Ross or is it just Ross admission today or April 17th?

For the people accepted, have you gotten an email, or do you know when we will?

I was

DS
EA deferred
college of engineering
1550 SAT single sitting
780 math II, 800 physics
4.0 uw gpa
tons of ECs, leadership positions
selective summer robotics program at Columbia U

WAITLISTED
and WL at Cornell and Carnegie Mellon

SMH - I really, really have no idea what to tell my next two kids what they need to do to get into any of these schools anymore
 so disappointing

@sscully25 No email &no idea when we’ll get it

@kdkdkdkdkd I’m sorry you’re having such a bad time. I agree that this process can be like a joke, it seems like your kid has it all going right. I don’t know for sure, but I’d suggest your other kids give great emphasis to essays? Not saying your first child didn’t, but one really, really good essay that inspires the reader could get you in most places!
A lot of these schools are very sensitive to the “Attitude” of the paper, perceived or factual. I’ve seen Youtube videos of UM students looking at their admissions file and reading comments about how one essay of theirs made them seem “conceited” or “insensitive.” The guy barely got in. This process sucks, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the advice and certainly will continue to focus on essays with my other kids. However, I will add that we reviewed and revised his essays very carefully, and my son’s attitude has NEVER been anything but humble, thoughtful and honest - and that was definitely reflected in his essays.

I cannot see how, with his stats, it would just be his essays that landed him in the wrong pile. He has worked extremely hard his entire HS career and while the Waitlists from Cornell and a small competitive school like CMU were a little more understandable - I just don’t really, really don’t understand him being WL at Michigan.
Trust me - I know “life isn’t fair” - but this is a very tough pill to swallow

Accepted to Ross today!
Deferred early action
Accepted LSA 2/28
In state male
30 ACT
3.93 UW gpa
lots of business ECs (intern at fortune 200 company, 1st place at business comp.)
very strong business case
good luck to everyone still waiting.

Waitlisted at LSA. Was aiming for Ross.

Asian male from the Northeast
Scores: 1550 SAT, 35 ACT
SATII: 790 Math 2, 780 US History
GPA: 3.95/4 UW, 5.0/5.3 W, 16 AP Classes
EC’s: Eagle Scout, good leadership, business-related ec’s, etc.
Other Acceptances: NYU Stern, Georgetown, USC, UVA, Georgia Tech, Emory w/ scholarship, UT Austin Business Honors

@kdkdkdkdkd I understand what you’re feeling. It seems like decisions UMich this year were just confusing. I spent my most time on my UMich application because I thought I had a good chance at Ross compared to NYU Stern or UPenn Wharton. It didn’t work out but other colleges did. Hopefully your son will be happy wherever he ends up. Admissions is definitely not a reflection of his capabilities.

@tchit87 Sounds like we have had similar experience. Agree this whole process is incredibly confusing and really frustrating. My son also spent most of his time on Michigan as well as he thought he had a really great shot with his resume/stats.
What I have learned in my first pass at this, beyond any doubt, is that the overall college admissions process is simply broken. It is truly maddening

There seems to be very little that you can predict, and when your child spends the amount of time and energy (like many others on this thread have) for so many years, the level of uncertainty that remains in this process borders on insanity. After applying EA months ago - to be waitlisted now and drag this out for another two or more months is really just asking too much, especially with the state of the world today.

does anyone know if waitlisted people should still send in a letter of continued interest? the website says they won’t take any additional documentation, but idk if that counts for loci as well?

Was waitlisted for the nursing school.
Does anyone have any idea about being waitlisted for the nursing school? Is the chance different compared to LSA or COE?

I was accepted but I have no idea where to find my Financial Aid info
 any help?

My OOS son was waitlisted for LSA Residential College. 1420 SAT 3.7 GPA UW. He likes Michigan, but I think will move to accept one of his other admission offers, most likely UC Berkeley.

@katebee1 Not sure if this answers your question, but my daughter’s classmate (2018) was accepted off the waitlist for nursing in late May.

Accepted
LSA
OOS
27 ACT
3.9 UW

was the waitlist letter confusing for anyone else? the wording seemed weird lol