4.2W
34 ACT
OOS NJ
Visited twice
Strong Essays
Deep EC’s ( State Vol. Leader)
AP Capstone Scholar
Honors Independent Research 4 years
Accepts: VaTech, Clemson, NC State, RPI, UPitt, Duquesne. At least 20k/year at each. Declined GaTech

Accepted waitlist and will go for sure if offered.

Waitlisted CoE
Deferred EA
In-State (originally classified as OOS until mid-December)
GPA: 3.9 U of M recalculated; 3.910 weighted
SAT: 1390 (2019)
SAT II: Didn’t take these.
ACT: 26, 28 (2015) I submitted all scores to save money.
AP: Gov (3), Calc AB (4)
Pretty cool/unique ECs that really emphasized my ability to work in a team.
Recommendations: Everybody who wrote me a letter of rec loved me.
Essays: I did my best having not written an essay in three years. My LOCI was on point though, 10/10.
Awards: Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Louis F. Garland Fire Academy Commander’s Award (Honor Graduate), 1st Prize High School Writing Competition, NCOQ for my shop, and some others.

It kind of sucks because I’m a double legacy and lived near campus most of my life, and the official college tours made me want to wed the school on the spot. I’m sure MSU has some great opportunities as well, but I’d accept an admission offer in a heartbeat should Michigan decide to take me off the list.

Thank you CC Community! It has been a great six years on the site, and congratulations to all those accepted :slight_smile:

@tchit87 @kdkdkdkdkd I definitely do not think this will make you feel better because it’s so unfair, but UMich is notorious for not accepting people they aren’t convinced will go-- people with “too good” of stats and EC’s. If they assume you’ll get into a top-10 school, they won’t accept you because they need to keep their yield high. High yield = high rank, as I’m sure you’ve heard.

@kdkdkdkdkd specifically, I just wanted to say I admire you. As a student going through this, I wished my parents would’ve helped me more, but they didn’t care where I applied and have never read any part of my applications. Your kids are so lucky to have that kind of support! Keep it up!!

For people who’s decision did not come out today when do we think the next wave will be released?

Accepted LSA for math after deferred (Ross Preferred)

OOS and full-pay
White
ACT: 33/34 composite and superscore
SAT II: 800 Math 2, 780 Physics
GPA: 4.0 on Mich scale, 4.29 weighted
APs: mostly 5s and 4s, one 3
2 Varsity Sports
Self-studied up to Calc 3, math tutor too
Started a small eCommerce business
Cashier at grocery store
Essays: prob 6.5/10, good content but not as well written as they could have been. 9.5/10 LOCI tho
LOR: probably an 8.5/10, math teacher I know and love

Anybody know what UMich’s acceptance rate was this year?

Way to early for the acceptance rates
People still have to May 1st to commit. Look towards August, September for those acceptance rates and sometimes later.

My Class of 2023 in-state daughter was accepted in this round last year. A friend of hers received her acceptance a few days later.

We think that the delay in the friend’s admission notification was due to the fact that the friend had also applied to a learning community.

EA Deferred
Waitlisted
3.75 UW
4.25W
32 ACT
OOS NJ

@Yur1231 - We called and the Admissions said they were still reviewing my daughter’s application and that she would hear something “early April.” I have to tell you, the person sounded vague and said she should continue checking her email.

My daughter is saying it might b a good thing (she is an optimist) since if they were going to reject her, that would be easy and they would have done that already.

She applied in October of last year - deferred from EA, so this has been a long ride.

She has gotten into safeties but UMichigan she would go to in a heartbeat.

My daughter was deferred EA, then waitlisted for LSA.
SAT super score: 1420
GPA 3.97
OOS NJ
lots of ECs, volunteer (Rescue Squad), and leadership positions
5-6 AP classes and dual college classes
good essay and LOR

Accepted to: Indiana, South Carolina (with money), Maryland, Wisconsin
Waitlisted: Miichigan, U Miiami, Wake Forest
Denied: UVA, UNC, UTexas

Decided last month to go to Wisconsin after visiting and fell in love with it. She liked it better than Michigan and didn’t even wait to hear if she got into Miichigan.

waitlisted for nursing.
does anyone know how likely it is for nursing to be accepted off of the waitlist?

Deferred EA, accepted LSA.
Applied for FA.
ACT: 32 (33 superscore)
GPA: 3.86 UW/4.15 W
OOS OH
One national level EC, good volunteering, and two meh leadership positions.
6 APs, 4 when I applied (4s and 5s)
1 dual credit class
LORS: one was 9/10, the other was 6/10
Pretty good essays. My LOCI was pretty darn great. I think it saved me.

Accepted: Kent State, Ohio State, UMD, UMich
Waitlisted: Wellesley, UW Seattle
Rejected: Northeastern, GWU

College admissions are so weird. I have no clue how I got into UMich. I probably won’t go due to price and I’ll hopefully give someone on the waitlist a spot :slight_smile:

Not admitted. No hard feelings here as he had several other great choices and has made his decision. Fortunately it also wasn’t his number 1 or dream school. Congrats to all those who got in and best wishes for great success.

I still haven’t heard anything. Do you guys think I will hear this upcoming week? really don’t want to have to wait another 2 weeks

Deferred EA, waitlisted LSA
SAT : 1510 (760 in math)
Estimated GPA: 3.87 UW/4.5W
TOEFL: 110
OOS International, Dual citizenship including US
French Baccalaureat, specialization in Math and sciences.
Reinforced languages: English, French, German (fluent in the 3) , some Russian
Classics: Latin & Ancient Greek

Student government for 2 years
Violin and Piano player for 12 years
Internships in AI/software development and aeronautics companies
Several international school exchanges,

Accepted: Northeastern, U Mass Amherst, U of Toronto
Waitlisted: Cornell, GeorgiaTech
Rejected: a lot! most of the Ivies
Still waiting for McGill and NYU decisions

@college5683 - We just have to sit tight and be patient. It might be good news.

OOS and deferred EA, waitlisted LSA
SAT: 1530
GPA: 3.95
Accepted: Pitt Honors, George Washington w/ scholarship, and Georgia Tech
Waitlisted: University of Virginia, Case Western, and Georgetown
Not surprised at all with this decision; every school is getting very difficult OOS it seems! I was in love with UMich at the beginning of the school year, but a lot has changed, and I’m happy that I’m happy with this outcome haha. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone get an email?

@sscully25 - I hate to say it but we might be looking at April 17.