Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Usually the preferred School of Information decision comes later than most, I know this year it was released around May/June for Fall 2019

Is anyone still waiting on a decision from Taubman College of Architecture? I received my admission to LSA as part of their dual degree program but still havenā€™t heard anything from Taubman.

Is there a space to send Mich a LOCI or does mich not want it?

Applicants are specifically told not to send LOCIs

It is suggested not to send a loci. You could always give your admission advisor a one liner that if selected you would go there. At this point not sure if it would help at all.

@bkatguy
Interesting about getting called from the Lehigh list already, U Chicago also began using their waitlist. Itā€™s such an unusual time with Covid-19. Unless Michigan accepted a lot of extra applicants I would think they would utilize the waitlist more than ever. True for most schools this year.

Ross still has an April 17th release date. Not positive about the other schools but wouldnā€™t be surprised if there are more LSA on this date. So really donā€™t see any movement off the wait list till they have time to sort all of this out. Their wait list is usually extensive also so they wonā€™t have an issue with not having enough candidates.

For your stats:
Rejected LSA 3/27/20
OOS

Got admitted to LSA (OOS). Wanted some advice to how competitive it is and how the program is for premeds. I did research in the best lab for prostate cancer research at umich med last summer so I will probably work there for undergrad years. I also have 64 dual enrollment credits so I will probably graduate in 3 years.

Thanks

Also got into some BS/MD programs (VCU and SUNY Upstate) and USC (Keck Global health program), UNC, and Middlebury.

@dbsmd2027. You need to talk to an admissions counselor since they will limit what you can bring over from dual credit and Michigan is very tough on accepting credits especially in Math and Science.

https://www.ugadmiss.umich.edu/TCE/Public/CT_TCESearch.aspx

If you set an appointment and send in your transcripts they will help you with it.

So how tough is it. Tough. People underestimate how hard Michigan is especially in Math and Science. My sonā€™s in engineering and Lsa takes math and science with everyone together for the most part. When he was a freshman, after the first midterm people were dropping out of classes saying they no longer were going to be a doctor or engineer etc etc.

No matter how good a student you are now. Go to the math /science help labs, peer to peer. Office hours with professors etc. Once you get grades back then you will have a clue how your doing.

If the size is daunting for you, consider one of the MLCsā€¦Learning communities. They do a great job of making the huge public school feel small and intimate.

Hi, Iā€™m not sure if this is the best place to ask but I already committed to Umich (lsa) back in January. I was wondering if anyone knows when the housing application will be released. The website says to email if you havenā€™t gotten an application on April 8th but Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s a delay because of Coronavirus. I already put down my enrollment deposit. Thanks!

Any ideas when/if Michigan will start pulling students off the waitlist?

Iā€™m torn about whether this will help or hurt OOS students. Iā€™m sure in light of Covid-19, more in-state kids will stay closer to home. But they make more $ on OOS.

Please read the last few pages but Ross still has April 17 th release. So itā€™s not over yet. Anytime after May 1st is fair game. It goes till like July.

Hi all. Despite being a triple legacy, having a 3.8 and a 31 I was waitlisted. I know my stats are a bit below the average for admission, but I guess I hoped admissions would see me as a whole and accept me anyway. So obviously legacy no longer matters, which is probably a good thing to be honest. I was really bummed at first, but then I realized that the University of Wisconsin is truly a better fit for me. It is less expensive, closer to my home and very similar to Michigan in many ways. I didnā€™t accept my spot on the waitlist- I need to move forward and get excited about the school that wanted me from the beginning. No shade to Michigan- itā€™s where my parents met and it has a place in my heart. But I need to make my own memories and Madison always felt better to me. I may have gotten off the waitlist but I wanted to take control and make my own choice in the end. And even if I had been admitted to Michigan, I would have felt torn. Things happen as they should. To all of you that were accepted- congrats! And @sushiritto and @Knowsstuff thank you for always being a sounding board and so encouraging. Go Blue!

@Mimigirl. Congratulation on being accepted to Wisconsin!!! Itā€™s a great school. Start making your own" legacy ". Best of luck to you

An extremely mature and smart decision. Hip hip hurray for @Mimigirl

Kick some butt at Whisky!

@Mimigirl
My son (current UMich student) told my daughter that Wisconsin has all of the perks of Michigan without some of the cutthroat competition. You will love it, make your own way, and enjoy every minute!

My daughter was waitlisted for Stamps BFA Studio Art & Design. Has anyone heard of kids getting off the waitlist for Stamps? If so when do kids actually hear from admissions? Is it early June or the end of June/July? Thanks!!

@MBNAN I believe they said June in the rejection letters, but it can continue all the way until classes start. I still think they will start pulling from the waitlist sooner this year, as that has been the trend. Georgia Tech just started pulling from the waitlist.