Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Does anyone have a Fall Transcript Line, and an X next to it? If you do, what are your stats like?

@kakashi27. No school is looking for perfection. If you had a rigorous schedule and challenged yourself then you are fine. Many get in with less GPAs also. As long as the rest of your application was good, donā€™t worry. No one can predict when you will be accepted.

@sushiritto @Knowsstuff My S was deferred from CoE during EA round. Based on last year (Class of 2023), how many CoE deferrals were admitted during RD? Thanks.

He is OOS.

@dspak77. I might be wrong but donā€™t think they have stats like that specifically.

@Knowsstuff . Last year, I thought you or @sushiritto had admitted/waitlisted/rejected numbers (LSA, CoE and others) for each month (Feb, March, Aprilā€¦etc). Based on that, I am trying to find out what are my sonā€™s chance of being admitted. To summarize my S stat: OOS/35ACT/3.85UW/4.5W/Okay ECs/Asian Male.

See page 1.

I donā€™t think your Sā€™s stats or course rigor will the impediment to being admitted. ECā€™s or essays maybe, but thatā€™s a guess. Also, thereā€™s about two-thirds fewer ā€œseatsā€ in the CoE as compared to LSA, so at this point, itā€™s even more about availability.

Is anyone expecting a wave of decisions in next week or so?

If past history holds, then a wave will be released THIS Thursday 9:00 PM PST or midnight for students in the EST.

Certainly, Ross will release their first decisions this Friday at 5:00 PM EST.

Do we know if the number of EA students admitted in December were in line with past years?? If similar then a wave at the end of this week would make sense. Timing wise they could enter while in updating Ross decisions on Friday.

Last year, the timing of the Ross decisions and the first wave of RD ā€œcoincidedā€ in that Ross released on Friday 2/1 at 5 PM EST and the first wave of RD came at 12:01 AM EST Friday 2/1.

So, Iā€™d assume the same for this year, but thatā€™s me. :smile:

LOCIā€™s are due 2/1 maybe they wait until next week since it is a new thing? Hoping this Friday though of course

Hello all! I have not posted on this forum yet (however I was active on the UMich EA thread). I am betting on it being the same timing as years prior. Even the early decision was posted pretty much on par (a tad later) with previous years, and I bet it will be the same this year too. Just because they changed the system doesnā€™t guarantee that they changed their methods. The thing I am wondering is, why would UMich release a decision on Feb 1 or even earlier? They have not had time to review peoples statements of continued interest.

@sushiritto it was 12:01 AM on Saturday Feb 2nd last year, therefore decisions should probably be released at 12:01 AM on Saturday Feb 1st this year.

Previous Release dates taken from last year and added 2019 so going with @ttd11244 of 2/1 or laterā€¦maybe they have it automated and will be Sunday 2/2/20 at 12:02amā€¦maybe a ā€œ2ā€ theme going, lol:)

Thurs 2/9/12
Thurs 1/30/14
Thurs 2/5/15
Thurs 2/4/16
Wed 2/8/17
Thursday 2/2/18 12:01 am
Saturday 2/2/19

I stand corrected. So I can stop being ā€œdead wrong in publicā€ again, why donā€™t you guys look it up next time. :lol:

@FoxRulz the difference in other years, prior to last year, is that UMich LSA/CoE didnā€™t time RD waves with the actual Ross BBA release dates.

Feb 1st tends to be a central deadline for lots of things like cross campus transfers also. Some found out on that date in the past. Itā€™s comingā€¦ Hold on ?.

I thought they release decisions by April 1st? But is it Feb 1st? I mean if Feb 1st is ā€˜1st Waveā€™, approximately how many students get to hear back in Feb 1st? And is ā€˜1st Waveā€™ random or students who applied to certain department, school or OOS/International belong to wave 1 and get in Feb?

I applied regular decision and logged into my portal this morning . . . and under Action Items I had a continued interest form I needed to fill out (250 words). Anyone else applying regular decision have this?

EDIT: The exact wording:

This form serves as your singular expression of continued interest in the University of Michigan, and can be used to share additional information about yourself with us. It is voluntary and is not required for us to consider your application in our Regular Decision process. If there is additional information you would like to provide to us, please submit this form by March 1st.

Please note: Given the high volume of applicants to the University of Michigan, this form is the only source of additional application information that will be considered. Therefore, additional information/communications sent outside of this form will not be added to your application.

In 250 words or less, describe how your personal educational goals connect to the University of Michiganā€™s mission and values, and share any additional information that you would like us to know.

Yes my son received the same message today; he applied RD