Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

@separatelayer

This is what the postponed EA students received. They had a Feb 1st deadline and it was required for them.

Did you receive an email that your portal was updated?

Isnā€™t it odd that they are asking RD applicants for the continued interest form when they havenā€™t even given out decisions yet? Or am I confused and some RD applicants already have decisions?

I did not receive an email. I just logged on to check because of all of the talk about mid-year reports.

Itā€™s interesting that the RD request for Continued Interest form is optional. It was required for EA postponed applicants. I wonder if they plan to use it to weed out students who donā€™t complete it.

Which RD pool are you referring to? Those who submitted EA and were deferred or those who submitted after 11/1? LOCIā€™s were requested from those applicants who were EA deferred and now are considered RD.

@sushiritto

Students who were not EA are being asked to submit a Continued interest form (optional). These students were always RD. Why would they ask for this before a decision has been released?

I didnā€™t know that. Iā€™d speculate that itā€™s a way to figure out if the post-11/1 applicant is still REALLY interested. They may have submitted their app in back in November or December and they MAY give ā€œdecision priorityā€ by submission date (for post 11/1 applicants only) and LOCI. That is a total guess on my part.

Daughter was deferred via EA. We submitted grades and LOCI, now I notice a Friend Account tab on the web site. Anyone else have this and does it mean anything?

Thatā€™s interesting @Sk8ter . On Wolverine Access, what we still use to see our invoices for tuition and other stuff, I click on the ā€œparents and familyā€ tab. Maybe good news!

My son also now has the Friend Account tab and was deferred EA to Kinesiology.

What portal do you see the friend tab on? Enrollment Connect or Wolverine Access?

On Enrollment Connect under the Appliation Menu

@Bezmom Thank you.

My student has it too. Was this always there or is it new???

It would be great if it meant something positive. I know my student created their friend account a couple weeks ago.

We didnā€™t create any friend account and I canā€™t say 100% if it was there before or not.

My son has it too. Didnā€™t create a friend account and it first appeared today.

@sushiritto (sorry I donā€™t know how to tag!)

Read posts #278 and #279. The people that got this new LOCI request were not EA deferred applicants and the request has slightly different wording and a March 1 due date.

I have the friend account as well after being deferred and writing the LOCI. However, my buddy also had it added to his enrollment connect without writing the LOCI. My guess would be it means nothing but I would be happy to find out Iā€™m wrong.

Mine was there at the same time I got the invitation to write a LOCI (before filling out the LOCI).

Iā€™m guessing everyone got it then.

What is a friend account and should we create one?