Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

@pigspie lol!
S20 does have it!

My D has the Friends account
I think it has been there?? Do RD folks have this who just received the LOCI??

Regarding the LOCI, was it mandatory for EA folks to submit? I don’t recall that it was worded as mandatory, just that it would be their only/singular form of continued interest that would be accepted. Having it for RD folks makes sense as well. Lots of other schools have been announcing decisions for their EA’s this month through so it raises the bar to see who is truly interested to write another letter or not

If they asked you to write a Loci and you don’t either EA or RD, then your not following their rules. Don’t expect an acceptance. It’s a weeding out process.

The LOCI is not mandatory for postponed EA applicants

Mich: " The Expression of Continued Interest form is voluntary and is not required for us to consider your application in our Regular Decision process."

Thank god i found the LOCI on Ross part to fill out - i did the LSA one and just noticed the Ross as well
ugh, i did the main LOCI within a couple days of it being requested
 hopefully doesn’t hurt me.

I have the friend thing
not sure i noticed it before or if was there in past
always just looked at the messages to see if i owed Michigan anything re data etc.

https://admissions.umich.edu/apply/freshmen-applicants/selection-process

It will be interesting to see what actually happens on the Loci.

If they release decisions on Friday when should we start seeing the checklists being updated with an x for final transcript?

Does anyone know if it will be beneficial to create a friend account at this time? For reference, I applied for Ross and was deferred from LSA in EA.

I don’t know anything, but if you applied RD and didn’t receive a LOCI form this week, it may be a good sign!?
In my opinion, if you’re about to be admitted, there is no need for an LOCI.

Where do you see something separately for Ross? D’s portal says everything is complete. She submitted her LOCI to LSA weeks ago. Perhaps this is your “X?”

There are two applications. LSA and Ross. At least on mine. I had loci in December on lsa which I did and yesterday toggled to the Ross application which said needed to confirm loci and I did that last night. Who knows lol.

For the friends account, it asks me for it on my portal; and then on IDOC it says I’ll get my fin aid decision from UMich on 1-31-2020? Does this mean I’ll get a decision on 2-1-2020?

Has anyone made a friend account and looked at the different tabs on your “new and prospective student “ page? Maybe some of the language in there could be a tell?

Yeah, hard to tell, could spin it either way in my opinion

where were we supposed to do the profile for the SMTD? the common app never said anything about having to audition or send in a profile. i was hoping that i would be notified when the time came to continue my application

I called and asked about this. They said they have received lots of calls regarding the grades not posted until after Feb. 1, and to send asap. They are aware and figure they should get them before Feb. 15th in these situations, but if you have them beforehand, send them.
Just send them as soon as you get them.

Okay. Hi everyone.

I have info and questions. For a refresher, my son was deferred EA for CoE.
Wrote LOCI in Late Dec. / Early Jan. Grades will not be submitted until tomorrow or Friday.

First, does anyone NOT have the “friends” button on their enrollment connect? We have it, but don’t think it was there before. I remember messages talking about friend account, but we never did.

Second, Has anyone’s CHECKLIST changed? Can you report if it does in the next few days please. :slight_smile:

Third, Did anyone’s child receive an email: “Action Needed: U-M Uniqname & Account Setup” We received the email on 1/14. Didn’t see it until they sent an email on 1/28: “Reminder - Action Needed: U-M Uniqname & Account Setup” We setup up the uniqname this a.m. (1/29/2020).

Later today I checked MCommunity (https://mcommunity.umich.edu/#) the online directory for UM with his uniqname (you can also search his name). My son’s name was there and the engineering school he applied for and listed as a student! We put in names of other students we know were already accepted and it was about 50/50, as they may not have taken this step yet to get a uniqname. I do not think this is considered a friend account or the “title and affiliation” wouldn’t say student. It would say “sponsored affiliate” or something else, or may not be searchable to outside people as if you work for UM you can also log in and see more.

FYI: A uniqname is the email address before “@umich.edu”. It is what UMICH uses as one of their identifiers in addition to UMID (number), etc.

Tell me if this works for you or your child.

Email we received:
“Welcome to the University of Michigan community! You need to set up a U-M login
ID (called a uniqname) and password. After you do that, an account will be set
up for you automatically.”
(then set up info)

Interesting
. Just call Coe admissions and tell them what you saw and ask. The lady that answers usually is super nice and “likes” to talk. Get her talking and find out. That would be a great tell!

Good luck to your son.

As I consider this and contemplate the all that is UM. This may be with the UM Dearborn admissions. We were considered for them too. It gets confusing when they do not specify in the email what this is driven from. At least our mail has the logo of the UM campus on it for us to decipher.
I think it is just crossed wires from the two campuses. I was hoping for something better.