Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

I also have the Friend Account and I was deferred in EA by CoE. I have a 1500 SAT, 42/45 IB Predicted, participated in car design competitions, won a regional science quiz competition, led a drone demonstration team. Fingers crossed that the Friend Account is the “X”!

When you search your name in MCommunity what does it say?

I honestly think our experience is not a tell its just he was also accepted to UM Dearborn under the same program. Sorry to get others excited for our weird situation.

We applied EA, but there was also an issue with our application that was filed under OOS when we are in fact In state. We only found the error one week before the EA decisions and they said it would take 2 weeks to sort out. :frowning: we obs. were deferred.
ugh. waiting is difficult.

Status Details Date
Received Counselor Recommendation 11/01/2019
Received High School Transcript 11/01/2019
Received Teacher Recommendation 11/01/2019
Received Test Score: ACT or SAT 11/05/2019
Received Application 11/01/2019

That is what my Application Checklist looks like. No x
Use this link (same one as previous threads): https://enrollmentconnect.umich.edu/apply/status?cmd=checklist

I believe the “Uniqname” is for U-M Dearborn only. I searched up my friend’s parents (1 Dearborn alum and the other Ann Arbor) and only the parent who went to Dearborn showed up :(. I wish there was a sign to tell early; I just want to get the rejection over with and figure out my other options lol. Best of luck to everyone!

As far as I know, one designated Ross as the major, answered additional essays on the Common App, and there was just a separate process to upload the artifact. Did we totally miss (lol) there was a separate Ross admissions portal?

Application Checklist
Status Details Date
Received Counselor Recommendation 11/02/2019
Received High School Transcript 11/02/2019
Received Teacher Recommendation 11/02/2019
Received Test Score: ACT or SAT 06/21/2019
Received Application 11/02/2019

This is what I have for my application checklist. I applied EA to LSA and was deferred. Is there a reason some of my materials were received on 11/2 instead of 11/1 (deadline for early). Is this possibly the reason I was deferred EA?

@kakashi27 My D counselor said UMich is a school that has a firm deadline of ALL materials being in by 11/1 for EA, thus yes that alone may have deferred your application.

if they didnt get everything on time u wouldnt have made the EA deadline; they emailed me about 10 days after i applied saying “You qualified for early action” so if ur stuff got there too late, you wouldve been put into RD. the fact you got a decision on dec. 19 shows u qualified for EA.

I’m new to this, so I’m sorry if this doesn’t make much sense!!

I was deferred from EA and I’ve been looking at college confidential since the EA thread and have continued checking the checklist to see if I ever get the X. I just checked the checklist again and things seemed to have changed. There used to be a pdf icon next to the “application” item, but now there is a green check mark and the “application” icon has moved from the bottom of the checklist to the top.

Could this mean anything? Has this happened to anyone else?

@crd1234 Mine has the same thing now too! I just submitted my fall grades this afternoon, but I have an X next to the Fall Grades category… My guess is that they haven’t processed them yet.

I just checked my son’s checklist and it changed this way and it definitely happened today because I checked this morning. He doesn’t have any X and never did. There is nothing that says fall grades. We did send them in. I just noticed the change in the order and the pdf icon is replaced with a green check

I don’t have an X under fall grades, but I know my school has not sent them yet because first semester just ended today for us. Hopefully I could still get in this wave without those grades being sent in.

As I mentioned upthread, deferred applicants w/o updated Fall semester grades sent to UMich have received favorable admission decisions in the past. It’s not absolutely necessary.

@crd1234 Does it look like this? https://gyazo.com/d60ed82c4df0402b6a75c3eef3e941d1
Use that link to see.

@crd1234 I just checked my application status again and the same thing happened to me! I used to have the PDF icon at the bottom for “application” but never a green check mark. I just checked and the “application” now is at the top of the checklist and has a green check instead of the PDF icon! Now my checklist has all green checks and no mention of fall grades. I think this might mean something for the wave this weekend. Fingers crossed.

@mgros333 Yes, thats exactly what mine looks like now, which is different than how it looked this morning.

Regardless of the change, there are still people that don’t even have the line item for Fall grades, while others do, correct? This feels like a bad sign for those of us without the Fall grades line, particularly since in my D’s case, the AO has confirmed they have received her fall grades.

Does anyone who applied RD have all green check marks? My student applied EA , was postponed, has all green check marks now and was not asked for fall grades. Does anyone who has all the check marks also have a request for fall grades???

@mgros333 yeah, mine looks the exact same. I think it’s for everyone though, and no real conclusion we can make from it. If someones looks different please let us know!

@ Mseifer, see post #349, he has the fall grade line.