Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

My 2018 kid applied on 10/31/2017 and was accepted EA. IMO, there’s no credence to the theory that there’s too much volume and thus they postpone most applicants, because they’re not reading the apps.

Last night, I looked at our Naviance account for our local CA HS for this class. The acceptance rate for our local Class of 2020 is 24% or 16 acceptances for 67 applicants. And there aren’t any recruited athletes. I don’t know how many deferrals there are/were.

Everyone in was accepted in the Februar 2019 wave here on CC last year, but who knows about everyone else. We’re talking about 44 acceptances last year here on CC in the February wave. CC is an extremely small sample. And the overhwelming majority of those acceptances here on CC are from OOS applicants.

Accepted applicant stats of the February 2019 wave were slightly higher than the March 2019 wave, but not by much. See page 1.

Does anyone NOT have a green check mark next to “Application” now?/ Is it not moved to the top for anyone deferred EA? If everyone has this, the likely “X” is the X next year grades 10/11.

Hi - not odd at all - a lot of kids applied non-binding/non-restrictive EA to other schools and may have been admitted EA to a school that they will opt to go to over UMich …but they may not have withdrawn their UM application yet (purposefully or just didn’t think of it). This is a way to prompt kids to reconfirm their interest or to withdraw their application if, for example, they got into another school already. This is all about maximizing yield…look up Tufts Syndrome to read more about the phenomenon of Yield Protection and its history.

Just out of curiosity, why would UMich want 10/11 grades if they’re included in the high school transcript? I may just be trying to console myself because I don’t have it, but I think the tell last time made more sense because UMich requires admitted students to submit their first semester grades. These conspiracies are killing me, but I can’t help but engage, haha. Hope we all hear good news soon!

@2020ish I agree with you, otherwise the people who were admitted EA would have had an X for 10/11 grades. But it also makes me wonder why they would need anything from students who they were not going to admit

If I do not have a fall grades line should I be worried? None of my friends at my school do either, our school has not released and sent semester 1 grades yet.

The 10/11th grades makes no sense

So I am international student and got post-phoned decision. I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot of people have now ‘Green Check Mark’ ‘X’ or request of Grade 10/11 Transcript. I do not have any of those and it seems my status portal stayed the same. Is this something I should be worried about?

Also, some people said they had originally some kind of PDF Logo before changes were made, but what do you mean by that? I don’t think I had some kind of PDF Logo from the beginning

https://enrollmentconnect.umich.edu/account/login?r=https://enrollmentconnect.umich.edu/apply/status?cmd=checklist

Use this link and sign in. It should bring you to the checklist that people are referring to.

Thank you for help! Well, then I do have a Green Check next to the received documents but I do not have any request or indication saying I have to submit my Grade 10/11 Grades.

I mean this might be because i submitted High School Transcript which includes from Grade 9-12. But still I can’t find ‘X’ in the portal / checklist.

Didn’t the x start showing up the same day ea decisions came out? Possible they come out tomorrow or even tonight?

Because right now the checklist thing is updating like last time and two people have the x. I only have all checks now.

Are we assuming that if we don’t have the line for 10/11th grade we are not getting accepted?

I unsure about that @goatgod

@goatgod idk but it seems probable (based off EA results) that an X is for admitted students.

Accepted student in EA had an X for final transcripts. Since no one here currently has an X next to final transcripts my guess is decisions haven’t been released/updated yet. However, since checklists are changing I think they are getting ready to announce them soon. I would think an x next to 10/11th means something is incomplete and they need more information before they make a decision. Again - just my guess.

But I think it’s possible that they just didn’t send in mid year reports and that’s what that means @schmendy27

@stultussum I definitely think that your theory is the most logical lol and as an applicant with straight greens and no x, I surely hope it’s right.