Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

@rudranil I can see my checklist both ways fyi.

Nvm

That’s interesting. Do you have a “Checklist Complete” button under “Review” tab? If so, what does it say? And under View->Your Application Status?

So does anyone know if “midnight January 31st” means tonight at midnight, as in January 31st just started, or tomorrow night at midnight, technically february 1st?

@Hamshook See post# 538.

@chocolateshake00 I stand corrected

@rudranil no ‘checklist complete.’ It’s incomplete in fact and says that fall grades are required. Just a hunch but by far my lowest area of my application was my GPA which is maybe why they’re requiring mine from this year? If so that bodes well for me this seeing my gpa is much higher this year than before.

Would it make sense for LSA or Ross decisions to come out first— considering the fact that you need to get into LSA before Ross?

These are the Ross dates:

January 31, 2020

February 28, 2020

March 27, 2020

April 17, 2020

You can’t hear back from both on the same cycle, so if I understand correctly, you have to wait to hear back from LSA and then you will hear back from Ross next cycle.

Where can I find this application checklist? When I go into the portal under Checklist, it just says all materials received.

I just noticed that a Friends Account has been added to my UMichigan account. What does this mean?

Does anyone not have the ability to add a friends account now?

I didn’t add the Friends Account. It just appeared on my Application as one of the Tabs tonight. It was definitely not there this morning. I checked my account up to 11 A.M. this morning.

Does everyone has this option for add friend account?

I didn’t add the Friends Account. It just appeared tonight - or at least after 11 A.M. today - which is the last time I checked my application status.

Hoping someone can help with this - making me nervous.

all i can say is i was accepted ea and have the friends thing. its been there whole time for me; idk if it was there prior to my acceptance. the message under it says this:

A Friend Account is a U-M guest account, which allows applicants to access certain U-M systems prior to receiving an admission decision. Friend Account logins are used for a number of services around campus, including Financial Aid and applications to certain scholarships and programs. To set up a Friend Account, follow these instructions.

idk if thats diff from what u have. it literally says “prior to receiving an admission decision” so i dont think u guys should read into it. tbh keep checking the checklist to see if theres an X for final year transcripts just like we did in the EA round.

SaltyPretzel - Thanks. I didn’t add the Friends Account, it just appeared on my portal tonight. Also my checklist has disappeared. The screen is now blank. All this changed after 11 A.M. today. I had the Checklist this morning.

SaltyPretzel - BTW - The message you have is the same one I have. I just find it weird that it appeared and I didn’t request it.

Random thought that the Loci was not on the checklist? wondering if they were read as not mandatory and if some will still get in without it as you may still submit tomorrow at 11:59pm