Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

I really hope they come out in 30 minutes but I know they’re not going too. Really hoping the AO doesn’t throw a curveball and doesn’t release tomorrow or the next day either.

Do we have to do Friends Account thing? Is this something required or would be beneficial?

@schmendy27 u gotta believe

Unless I get accepted, it wasn’t something I would have done on my own. As I said, it is just weird that it appeared on my Portal today. I know this because I take a screenshot of my portal every time I log in. My checklist is also gone.

Well we could be checking on the X hint given during EA if posters were not calling admissions telling them about it. So dumb.

My checklist was there up to this morning - but now its gone…

Agree with @saltypretzel on the friends acccount.
It was an option to add prior to my son’s EA acceptance…and we added it. However, the new icon on the portal just showed for all. I remember seeing a header on the top of the page that said that after Jan.29th a new two-factor verification system was going to be required and not optional…and I believe this is the reason the icon now showed up after that date on the portal.

Does anyone know when SMTD results will get released? Especially those for violin performance?

I’d just like to say, no matter how this turns out in the end for my son, the Michigan EA and RD threads have been, by far, the most entertaining of all the threads I’ve had to follow. I’d also like to thank @sushiritto for the time and effort to track stats, etc.

Best of luck to all.

Soooo do we think tomorrow, 2/1, at 12am for first wave??

Tonight or tomorrow would be a fair guess ?

IGHT EVERYBODY WE GOT THIS

sushiritto is my most reliable source and virtual college counselor no doubt. and knowsstuff. amazing people.

@snakster- I will second that, on both. Between this one and the EA board, it was certainly entertaining.

I applied for chemistry as my major. When should I expect to hear back from UMich?

Read up thread
. Lol… Next few days

I spoke to UMich Admissions and they said the Friends account should not have just “popped up” on my portal as an Icon. Instead, I should have gotten an email encouraging me to set up a Friends Account - so now I am confused.

Does everyone have a UMich ID# when you click on “App Details” on top of home page? I don’t rember having one, but like yesterday I may be completely off not very observant like the rest of you LOL

Does anyone think the back door checklist link will come back at some point today because they will eventually have to provide a checklist once you are accepted?

I did not either! Maybe it’s a good sign to get IDs?