Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but mine has been there since I set up my portal. :frowning:

Are we going with friends account is a glitch on the application as it?

I don’t remember but don’t you usually get some kind of applicant ID when you apply and setup a portal with any other colleges? For communications with AO, you include the applicant ID?

@Wagner76 have you heard anyone not having it? Seems like everyone has it.

The ID has been there from the beginning.

For now I am assuming that Friends account just popping up on my portal is a glitch and something that shouldn’t have happened. I don’t think it means anything. Just another glitch.

@ttd11244 That is what I would assume. However, if someone ACTUALLY called and they know about it, then no. Also, that checklist isn’t available through the portal someone found a backdoor. Im pretty sure the checklist is just for admissions use. I hope we will be able to see it though!

@separatelayer haha mine too! It has been displayed there the whole time. It is possible you didn’t notice it because it is in a dark font.

Yup, I’ve had the UM ID from the start. Man, can they just send out the decisions already?

Hopefully tonight.

You applied to LSA then, so hopefully on or about 9:00 PM PST tonight. You don’t declare major until your 2nd semester sophomore year.

Sushiritto - any thoughts on why the Friends account popped up on my portal - without me requesting it. It is obviously a glitch - but I know you know a lot. Thanks.

@sushiritto I applied to the School of Nursing. Any chance nursing students will hear back tonight/tmrw?

I’ve been reading along with everyone about the “friends account,” but some here state that the “friends tab” has been there since the beginning. And there are applicants stating, like you, that the “friends account” just popped up.

Enrollment Connect is a new system for UMich, but glitches could mean something or absolutely nothing. What would be interesting is if this “friends account” tab disappears sometime today and even reappears. That might be the beginning of something. Maybe the system is populating every portal with a “friends tab” before a decision is released? Does everyone here have a “friends tab” now?

Short answer: Sorry, I don’t know.

Sushiritto - Thanks. It just popped up last night for me or after 11 A.M. I know it wasn’t there before because I have been taking a screen shot of my portal every time I logged in.

Would be interesting to see what others have.

Chance? Absolutely yes, but the number of seats in each class for schools like Nursing and SMTD are very small. And I’ll bet the yield numbers are high.

BTW, my LSA kid will be living with a few nursing students next year, so make sure you mingle with everyone next Fall. :wink:

I don’t know why, but I have this gut feeling about these newly popping up “friends tab.” I’m sure I’m wrong. :smile:

Plus, I have read that some schools, though not UMich that I’m aware of, count the number of times an applicant checks their portal.

@sushiritto Whats your gut feeling on the Friends Account??

When we visited the admissions rep at the college of nursing, they said they received 1100 apps for 300 offers. Just an FYI.

For the Class of 2022, there were 136 enrolled Nursing students. That looks like around a roughly 50% yield rate with some “summer melt” included.

If Michigan is counting portal visits then they will know that someone in my house is crazy. hahaha