Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Hey I’m in state applying to LSA. My decision was postponed, anyone wanna help me figure out if there is still hope? Here are my stats:

Applying for a Polisci major
30 ACT & 1380 SAT (I sent them both)
3.87 UW 4.18 W
I took 10 APs and 3 honors courses

Extracurriculars:
-2 year internship with my state rep
-4-H Club President for all of HS
-NHS
-Model UN
-Drama Club
-200 volunteer hours with an animal rescue

@goatgod. Was it postponed since yesterday? Or from the EA release? If they gave you instructions like send it grades, Loci then do so.

Honestly, your stats seem a bit low but your instate so that helps.

Get excited about your other choices also. Never put all eggs in one basket…

Good Luck.

I just submitted my LOCI yesterday afternoon. I really wanted to make sure my writing was clear and concise with all of the things that I wanted to say. Do you think I did not hear back yet because I submitted it literally the day before it was due?

Daughter accepted!
LSA
OOS (PA)
Deferred EA
3.77uw/3.95W
34ACT
lots of public service
2 varsity sport captain
LOCI 1/10

This wave seemed small… I’m expecting more decisions in the next couple of days.

My daughter was deferred from LSA
In state
31 ACT
4.4 GPA weighted
All honor classes
6 ap classes
3 sports
Student counsel all 4 years of high school
Model UN & We the People debate team.

Not sure what it takes to get admitted?

For all who are now reporting acceptances, did you hear last night or were some of these notifications from today? Also, were you notified by email of an update in your status?

D heard nothing last night - am assuming she is still deferred. OOS and LSA.

My son is deferred (still)
Interested in COE( Biomed)
OOS (California)
GPA 4.00 (UW)
SAT 1540 (one sitting)
3 SAT Subject 800 (Math 2,BioM, US History)
1 SAT Subject 770.(World History)

He plays for the auditioned band in high school ( for last 4 years
karate( 10 years)
Quiz bowl (4 years)
Volunteer ( for more than 4 years)

He had strong LOR. Pretty good essay.
He did his LOCI within one week o.

What is missing in the application?

@mama1234 I feel your pain. :frowning:

@goatgod, yes, there’s hope! My daughter’s profile was not dissimilar from yours. She was accepted for the LSA Class of 2023, but did not hear until the tail end of March.

@goatgod, if you look at @sushiritto’s stats from last year, there’s some evidence of relatively more instate admissions in the March waves. Of, course @sushiritto’s caveat about small sample sizes applies to that conclusion, too.

I remember that @sushiritto said (on another thread) that minor acceptances happened in between those big waves. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help guys! I was postponed since EA but I sent in my transcript and LOCI about a week after, I’m hoping that more in state kids will be accepted later down the line. I know my stats aren’t great but I’ll keep my finger crossed. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Sushiritto do you know any typical # of applications vs # accepted for Stamps applicants?

Has anyone heard of any rejections in yesterday’s wave?

It’s a long ride till April
Get some pizza ?. Look at your other choices. This wave was what I expected. Further waves stats should look more in line.

Remember… Not everyone you just got accepted will go to Michigan. They will have other choices and finances might not work out… Stay tuned…

Does anyone think that more decisions will come out today at 3:00 EST? I submitted everything early and have not heard back so are they just waiting to give me a rejection in the last wave?

No, there is no history to support it, possibly drips next couple of weeks, but thinking need to wait to March or April, April is when they reject or waitlist the most.

So are we expecting the next big decision date to be February 28?

@goatgod don’t lose hope! Being instate definitely helps, but Michigan truly does look at everything! Even if your stats aren’t as high as you would like, good EC’s and essays mean you definitely still have a chance :slight_smile:

1 Like