Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

So I am wondering is this form an implicit element evaluating the selections for RD applicants. (necessary to complete or not?)

Trickle of decisions tomorrow?

I was even suspecting that the school notifies some RD applicants with wrong emails because the Expression of Continued Interest form, from what I have heard, is solely for EA applicants who have already been deferred. ?

@misakamikoto Not true according to their website. Click on the ā€œInformation for postponed applicantsā€ tab

Why is the university providing the ECI form?

Historically, many early action applicants who were not admitted in early action, and some regular decision applicants, attempted to provide further information about themselves after their application was submitted. But we did not offer standard guidance on how to do so. The quantity and quality of the information varied greatly, and follow up with students was inefficient and cumbersome. The ECI allows for an equitable experience for all applicants who desire to send additional information after their application is completed, and provides guidance for the submission of that information.

https://admissions.umich.edu/apply/freshmen-applicants/selection-process?fbclid=IwAR35X4jXOlIhJlsRBdGhrJZ0sZsTxHYGZFY8xpi6v05Tg4eQ4uoGd0dKXVk

Once againā€¦ Follow what they are asking you to do. If they want a Loci then send it. If they ask for grades then send it. If they want 10 push-upsā€¦ Well ?..

Next decisions are Admit, Deny or wait list. No one is wait listed yet.

You will get both a portal entry on decisions and an email. That will tell you your fate ?.

If accepted you will get a regular letter with information about being accepted and your next steps.

Got it?

what do you mean ā€œ44 acceptancesā€? that number is way too small thereā€™s no way thereā€™s only 44 people total getting accepted; thousands of people applied.

@Indiana1234. Read the post againā€¦ On CC only 44. This site. Think like 3500 acceptances would be my guess. (just a guess and a theory)

@Indiana1234 the ā€œ44 acceptancesā€ is referring to the number of acceptances in the last round reported on this forum. Which, obviously, is a very small sampling of the general applicant pool.

Will any decisions be released tmmr?

IMO, highly unlikely. I went back and re-checked last year and there were no reports, HERE ON CC, of any decisions. Sorry.

But thereā€™s always a chance.

You give them 40 pushups? Handstand push-ups? :lol:

Guys OMGā€¦ I just got into U of M with:

SAT: 1320
GPA: 3.9

IM SO EXCITED! I just wanted to share my experience. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

PSA: I got deferred EA and I didnā€™t send my loci. Again NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

Out of curiosity, what college did you apply to and whatā€™s your major?

@sbgsav11 how did you find out? Email? What school?

@sbgsav11 did you get in today??

Seems odd to me but congrats if you did get in today!

Congratulations to Sbgsav11, but when did you get u r decision back? Was it this week? (Also which school/major did u get accepted to?)

*If he/she got accepted, do you think itā€™s valid to say there are mid-wave decisions or some decisions are released between anytime and next wave around end of Feb.

LSA, biology major

@sbgsav11 when did you find out about your acceptance?

@sbgsav11 are you in state and what date did you receive your decision?