Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

If you didn’t get in LSA during this first wave does that mean your chances of getting in are slimmer?

Yes. Every wave more people are accepting their acceptances. This reduces the amount of seats left This is just the statistics of the situation.

A University of Michigan number called me today, I couldn’t pick up at the time and they didn’t leave a voicemail. When I googled the number, an old tweet from the university came up telling applicants to look for a call from that number because they were releasing decisions that way. The tweet was from 2012 but it had replies from applicants from 2019 and 2020 saying they had received the call. I’m a deferred EA applicant, I submitted my mid-year grades, and there was no update on my portal so I’m just confused and wondering if anyone got a similar call? Does it mean anything?

Call or email admissions and ask… Strange that there was no message though

Just wondering but do RD applicants start hearing back in the late February wave? Or should I expect to hear back from the march wave? (I applied to Ross preferred admit as well)

Some of my friends and I got deferred. They sent their LOCI in really early and they just got their decisions in the past week or so. So the decisions are already coming out

@gem3627 did your friends get their decisions last Friday or was it during the past school week?

Friday, I think the 31st

Is there anyone that doing the RD round going to write the LOCI?

Does anyone know why some people got their decision on the 31st? And does anyone know how to tell if you are now in rolling decisions and when they would roll out at?

If you didn’t get rejected /denied then you are in the RD club now. The next decisions are admit, deny or wait list.

Next Wave is Feb 28th, right?

Based on past history, there are typically, but not always, three large waves, which are on or about 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1. UMich had their first wave on Friday 1/31. There are likely two more large waves. Ross has already committed to this pattern of releases.

Next wave is expected Friday 2/28. The following wave, expected on Friday March 27, will consist of mainly waitlisted and rejected applicants with some acceptances.

@rem3232 Did you find out what that call was about?

@sbgsav11 When did you hear about your acceptance? Are you in-state or OOS?

I found an old post of mine from last year. Here are the %'s for the wave on or about April 1st here on this website. Keep in mind CC is a small sample size consisting of high stat applicants. IMO, it’s much worse out there in the rest of the universe. :wink:

Accepted 21%
Waitlisted 43%
Rejected 37%

The can and will be acceptances after the last big wave, expected Friday March 27. But as times moves on, the probabilities of an acceptance decrease.

I was just offered a HAIL interview for CoE and have accepted the offer. Do HAIL interviewees often get accepted? I know they say that the interview has very little influence over the final decision, but why else would they want to interview me if they didn’t think it would impact my decision?

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-michigan-ann-arbor/1932850-what-really-is-the-umich-engineering-hail-interview-p1.html
@iEngineerThings, this might help. Just keep in mind it doesn’t mean anything either way. This type of experience only helps you…

This is all to help you with your decision. It doesn’t mean your accepted and some might get rejected after doing the interview. I am a firm believer that if your offered something like this then it would be silly to refuse it.

But it guarantees nothing. My son did one of these for another known school and was rejected and had a great interview… Go figure ?.

Will there be a ripple of decision notifications this Friday? Have there been any in the past?

@iEngineerThings An interview sounds great, go sell yourself! I wish LSA would do interviews, I would jump on the chance I am better at communicating verbally than in writing.

Did all RD’s get the LOCI in the resolve section?