Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

I think everyone has these codes, as much as I wish it was a sign, lol, but it was a good try to whoever suggested!!

@Cheeto20 look at post #997

the website I have before I log into my portal is the same after I log into my portal. Are people using the portal site to see the codes?

[Iā€™m deferred EA btw]
I am on campus right now and tomorrow I have a meeting with the recruiter coordinator of the School of Nursing. I have a list of questions to ask her about programs here at Umich and other stuff in general. What else do you recommend?
Also could i somehow ask if my decision is ready/will come out in the next wave?

@SRWEQ322 after you sign into portal
@ttd11244 I saw that but skeptical as like the first poster who pointed out looking have like no posts, just theseā€¦lol I will believe it when acceptance comes, too hard to get hopes up only to be crushed later.

@crd1234. First enjoy your visit. What I recommend is a hot fudge chocolate chip shake at Pizza Bobā€™s on State street and their Chapatis are awesome https://www.pizzabobs.net/?

Now onto your questionsā€¦ Donā€™t ask that questions since the person your meeting with is not admissions. But there is no reason that you canā€™t stress that you can really can see yourself being successful on campus (have a reason) and that if accepted you would sign up for admission.

Be positive and professional and more importantly relax and be yourself.

Itā€™s supposed to be a nice day and sunnyā€¦ Enjoy ??.

I wanted to get your guys opinions on if i may have just found a hint or if its meaningless. I was deferred and am waiting to hear back. I was curious yesterday and decided to log onto my moms friend account to see if there was anything interesting. My brother and sister applied in 2014 and both got in, my brother ended up enrolling and my sister withdrew her application. When i logged onto my moms friend account i first clicked on the ā€œnew and prospective studentsā€ tab. interestingly enough, my sisters application was the only one that was showed up even though she withdrew. there was no possibility to see my information on it, or my brothers. then, when i clicked on the ā€œmy students informationā€ tab under parents and family, i was able to switch between my brother and myself freely for tuition/payments/other random info, but not my sister.

does anyone think that it may mean something that my name and my brother (who went there and graduated a couple years ago) names were available under the my students tab, but our information was not able to be accessed when looking at the new and prospective students tab (only my withdrawn sisters information was available on that tab).

@College5683. Noā€¦ But totally want to know if you get in. Then we can back track that theory.

LOL

If you keep making suggestions like this one above, then weā€™re going to have to lock you out of the ā€œNutrition and Fitnessā€ thread elsewhere here on CC. :lol:

@sushirittoā€¦ Lolā€¦ Chapatis are actually healthy. Salad in a pita Add protein if you want toā€¦ Butā€¦ Those shacks are soooo goodā€¦ ?.

@College5683 Can you please explain how your mom was able to make a friend account?

@SRWEQ322 I have a student at UMich and if you have set up a ā€œfriendā€ account on Wolverine Access (you meaning prospective student), you can through your account click on a link that you can give a parent permission to view your account. My student granted this permission so that I can pay tuition and I just had my D (who is waiting on decision) give me accessā€¦So I now can see both my studentsā€¦however @College5683 this does not mean anything in terms of admission or a back door to finding out sooner unless suddenly it gets populated with financial information, which would not happen until one gets admitted AND acceptsā€¦or at least as far as I remember.

We just need to be patient! LOL!!

Hey guys! this is super super late butā€¦
I got accepted to the College of Engineering OOS on Jan 31!
I applied RD on Jan 11, i was kinda shocked that they replied so fast
Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know what percent of EA applicants were deferred? Also what percent of those applicants get accepted later on?

@throwaway0324 Congratulations! Wow! That is only 20 day wait. Can you display you stats? Thank you if you can do it. My S was deferred since Dec and was wondering about your stats.

@dspak77 sure!

OOS Asian from PA

1570 SAT
4.0 UW
17 AP classes, the rest are honors (even gym and stuff, my school only has honors+AP)

ECs are kinda personal (really easy to identify me) but I would say this was easily the strongest part of my app, my biggest EC was that I had my research recognized by the UN and spoke at the UN HQ in NYC :slight_smile:

Essays IMO were mediocre to decent. I think they were genuine but im really not the strongest writer

LoRs strong, maybe not outstanding because a lot of the other top kids from my school asked the same teachers that i asked

Thank you! You have excellent stats.

So by the end of this week, will everyone have an accepted, rejected, or waitlist status?

Only the ones in this next wave. Not everyone.

The deferral said we would get a decision by April so, I think for some there will be more waiting time before getting an acceptance, waitlist or rejection. Iā€™m hoping for some kind of response by Friday since I would love to accept my second choice school if Michigan isnā€™t going to be an option. Michigan is still my first choice.