Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Hi,
I am a mom of Senior and freshman kids. So far my Son best choice is UIUC. Still waiting for Michigan. You have great stat congratulations on your selection. Possible for you guide me how did you initiated research work as my Freshman is really interested and school give only couple of kids chance to join one…

In years past, waitlist decisions have typically gone out with the April 1st (+/-) wave. Friday’s (“March’s”) expected wave should be mostly acceptances with a few rejections. However, there will be some applicants that will NOT get any decision in this wave expected on Friday.

@dspak77 thanks! I got rejected from Stanford REA so i don’t think my stats are that good :frowning: ?

Does everyone have the codes? And does anyone have any changes on their portal?

@sushiritto …just to clarify for myself…2/28 (this Friday) is the typical March wave and 4/4ish is the April wave…which historically is made up mostly of waitlisted students. Does that sound correct?

So, this Friday is the best shot for hearing good news if it is going to happen, right?

If a student is deferred and rejected will they hear back in April or will they just remain in a deferred limbo?

March 27th would be the best guess for the “April wave.”

For those remaining, yes, I think this Friday, and that’s a big assumption, would be the best shot remaining, since rejections and waitlisted candidates, will begin being released too on or about March 27th.

All applicants will hear one of three things by 3/27 (assumption): acceptance, rejection or waitlisted. Considering the odds, if one is waitlisted, the probability of acceptance from the waitlist is low, 7%.

Me too bro. I also got rejected from Georgia Tech EA so my expectations are low.

Wait, is 2/28 the decision date for Regular Decision? Or waitlisted applicants/ED/EA?

I was looking at the last year’s stats and found that a lot of in-state students get accepted on march decision. is this just coincident last year or should I expect to see lots of in-state decisions this friday?

My OOS DD submitted her Michigan and Ross applications on Feb. 1. She confirmed that her ACT and SAT subject tests and transcript were all in by 2/1. Do you think she should assume that she won’t hear until the April notification date due to her late submission date? She has high stats, ECs, etc but is applying from a competitive pool that is already over-represented at Michigan.

@throwaway0324 Top ten schools are always hard to predict. Probably looking for something specific and just have to be lucky.

@karen0 My understanding is that Ross does not look at anything until after a U of M acceptance through LSA. What I don’t know is if LSA sends it on as soon as they have decided or waits until it is public to the student. That is, if they decide say March 15th, do they send it on then - in which case she could hear from both in late March - or do they send it on when it goes public.

That said, there was at least one person who posted they submitted in January and already has heard they are in to the U (not Ross). So maybe she will hear this week on the U.
Best of luck and just hang in there.

What time can we expect friday’s feb wave of decisions to release?

maybe at 3pm

can someone explain when RD gets sent out and the rolling admissions please. how do we know a wave gets sent out friday? i tried to look it up but couldnt find anything

@wildflower1101. History of releases. If you just pursue this thread the information is in here.

So Michigan tells you that you will have an answer by April. Think first week or so.

But they do these monthly roll outs and last few years I think, released around or on the Ross release dates. Some schools like Stmd have their own release dates.

Plus schools like Friday releases but have done Wednesday and Thursdays in the past. So… Can’t ever think of a Monday release so… Get ready. I would be surprised if it wasn’t the end of this week but then again. Could be wrong. ?

Hello all.
Still waiting to hear about an acceptance. Still deferred that is.
I wanted to know if any others were picked for a HAIL Engineering interview this late in the game? Son received one and the Alum will respond and the informational interview will happen Feb 21- March 15. This is well past the March release date. I called Admissions and they said the interviews have nothing to do with admissions decisions. SO there’s that.
But why would they offer an interview so late? Any thoughts or past experience with this?
I see that the common thought is this Friday is a release date. We are all holding on by a thread here. lol

Also, what time this Friday is the release time of day?

They’re all the same now. All remaining applicants are RD. EA deferred applicants are now considered RD applicants. Releases of decisions don’t differentiate between the two.

We don’t know for sure it’s this Friday. Nothing is for sure.

Why do we think it’s Friday 2/28? Two reason. One, prior year patterns and two, Ross has committed to releasing their decisions this Friday. And last year, LSA/CoE timed their wave with Ross’ wave.