Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

@KSB2019. Interviews should be seen for 2 things. To give your child a chance to ask questions and get information about Michigan and engineering.

Secondary, they give alumni something to do. They want to engage the alumni in some way
Not everyone is offered an interview since there are only so many volunteers. It would be unfair to give weight to the interview if not everyone would have a chance of one.

Also… In theory they can only help you since it is demonstrated interest to accept it. Many sites for many different known colleges say to always take the interview. It’s also just good practice for the future interviews your student might have in college /life.

You can request an interview next week but the interviewer would most likely want to schedule multiple interviews on the same day for their convenience.

Good Luck.

Ross decisions will be released at 5:00 PM EST.

The RD wave released on 1/31/2020 around 12:36 PM PST on my screen, which means 3:36 PM EST.

@KSB2019 we are in same boat. My son also recently got a HAIL interview. He is meeting with the guy on Saturday (after the predicted Friday release). At first, I was hopeful it was a good sign, but seems like probably not. I’m guessing he’s not going to hear anything until the last wave.

What I would do too see the UM CHECKLIST right now… ((waves fist…))

I understand the point of the interview fully. We are local, and son has many alum in the family. I feel like this one is more for experience for the interviewee, than the benefit of my son. Also, to offer these so late int he game, I could only hope it is to say he has a chance, not a red herring. Either way, that is for me to ponder I guess (as in unnecessarily worry about.)

@KSB2019 My son had a Hail interview with an engineering alum (who left E to work as a financial planner ?). Nonetheless…good experience. Still got deferred. The reach out email said the Hail alum interviews had no impact on acceptance/rejection.

Dear @TexasEx1998 , If it is any comfort, (or like for me a maddening circular thought pattern), the Admissions office was quite clear that the interviews meant nothing to the admissions process. I asked specific questions as my son also applied to Cornell, and they have Alum interviews and we know an alum that also gives these interviews - that there are questions they touch on, and then write up and report back. But Cornell’s interview seem like part of the process whereas UM is another thing to engage Alum and (at least for me) have student and family overthink it. LOL.
UM is completely separate and so it seems in theory, we DO have a chance at this next wave. So chin up and lets see what Friday brings! I honestly, don’t understand why it would happen this late, but can only hope it means “Hey, we are still working on getting you in” vibes. :smiley:
All the best, and touch back on Friday night to update me/us!

Okay this is weird… I’m trying to log into enrollment connect and it says I have entered an invalid email or password, even though it is the same email and password I’ve been using all year. Insights?

Now it says that “logins to this account have been temporarily blocked.”
Is this happening to anyone else? It seems likely that they are updating accounts with a decision that will come out within the next couple of days…

I applied to Ross BBA regular decision and recently got an email from umich Ross saying some decisions will come out February 28th. I know that Ross won’t even look at my application unless I’m accepted to normal mich, so would I hear back from both normal mich and Ross the same day?

mine let me login

mine also let me login

Never mind, I figured out that my computer memorized the wrong password to my account.

So there’s always maintenance a few days before a wave or release. Hopefully their putting something good in there… Lol…

@davismathis. That would be awesome but not the way it works. First you have to be accepted to a branch of Michigan. Then that acceptance gets sent over to Ross and they go through their process of reviewing everything you sent in. So that most likely takes some time.

Is the checklist thing which everyone used for viewing EA stuff down for everyone, mine is?

If you mean the one that was a backdoor in, then yes it has been down for the last month.

do you guys have any changes for your portal? I don’t, I’m just wondering.

No changes on my portal

does everyone have code?

@sam2341 yep

@sam2341 I think everyone has it