Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

I guess there might be a wave today. Last year there was a wave on March 1st. There might also be a wave on March 6th.

I thought the next wave was March 27th though?

its after 330, was there a wave after 330 on march 1 last year

I was accepted into the CoE OOS on 2/28/2020 as a regular decision applicant. I think some people asked for my stats earlier:
SAT: 1560 (800 M, 760 R), SAT Math 2: 800, SAT Bio E: 780
GPA: 4.9 W, 4.0 UW, Rank: 1/500
10 AP’s with an even mix of 4’s and 5’s. Currently taking 5 AP’s senior year.
STEM activities: Science Olympiad, Robotics, hackathons, university classes, CS internship at a fortune 500 company, and research at a university. I am an Asian female.

Best of luck to everyone else awaiting their decisions!!

March 1, 2019 was a Friday. A wave just started and completed on Friday, February 28, 2020.

No UMich waves on Sundays. None going back at least a decade.

Best of luck to all who are remaining I need to get off of CC, lol, it has helped but also not. ?. You all are more than your stats, don’t forget that!!

Did anyone here on CC apply for summer? If so, have you heard anything?

@Southrncrss Same exact here (Kines, deferred, etc.) except from California. Good luck!

Of course they are protecting yield! Both of my sons, SATs 1580 and 1560, both with two subject SAT tests (Math-2 and Physics of 800) - were not accepted in the years past. (Everything great with GPA 4.2+, plenty of APs, DEs, and extra curricular).

That’s why I think that my daughter with SAT 1460 has a better chance than my sons…

Like, what do you think people on the thread should think looking at your post? it is not addressed to anyone. Now one can answer a question that has no addressee…

Has anyones LOCI tab on the action items section disappeared?

The right thing to do is withdraw if your child has already committed to another school, There are kids out there that this is there top choice and are still waiting to hear back as well. To take a spot just to say you got accepted is not right in my opinion.

i Understand that finances and financial aid are huge in the decision process, but everyone knows Mich is expensive especially for OOS. I’m wondering if this process is prolonged for deferred because accepted students are awaiting aid packages before withdrawing??

@Sk8ter. This happens a lot. If you run the financial calculator families should have a better clue. There basically is no merit. Very, very few. Most of the help is the Michigan grant /financial aid
So if you know you can’t afford this or any school nothing magical will happen. You can even call financial aid office now to get a clearer picture of your situation since they are all so different.

Too many students already taken with almost perfect scores @ElenaParent. CC is just a microcosm of the real world also. But I am sure some of that has happened at all schools. It’s difficult to judge each year what their looking for.

I posted this a few times and a great admissions blog. https://pwp.gatech.edu/admission-blog/2017/05/16/admission-its-not-fair/

How’s ur wait going guys??

Is there a history of any acceptances during March or all at the end? thx

So I should just pay $75 for them to kick the can down the road long enough to wear us out and say nevermind? No.

If they want to refund money to people who withdraw applications before action taken, then we’d be happy to do so, but that’s not happening.

My sense is that at this point it will be a negative decision and not a positive one, so I don’t think we are taking anyone’s spot. And negative we can handle, but there will be no attrition.

I’m sorry if that offends or seems wrong to some folks, but my DS put a lot of work into all of his applications and he deserves a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Few acceptances and mostly waitlists/rejections :frowning:

It’s still possible to get accepted, it’s just there are fewer seats to fill from the Feb wave.

@snakster - I agree. My son put a lot of effort into his applications, particularly with the UMich’s that has 3 extra essays plus the LOCI. So of course we want to know, whether it’s a yes or no. We are not taking away anyone’s spot.