Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

if a school is trying to up their rankings every acceptance they give matters to them and they want a yes back it stinks to be dragged along but if you will not accept a yes then you should pull out but that would be helping a college that you are not happy with my guess is they have given out their first choice acceptances and from here out it is about if a similar student does not accept them they accept another similar candidate

It stinks for sure though I want this to be over too just give me the acceptance and I will be done

@snakster I made my DS withdraw all applications a couple of years ago as soon as he made his formal acceptance. I thought it was only fair to everyone waiting.

The difference was that he had all his decisions when he made that choice.

I think you are well within your right to wait out a decision, even if you have accepted some where else.

You never know, there is always the possibility of withdrawing and choosing Michigan if the package is right. Seems to me it is only fair that you get that chance.

@ckd022 yes I have had him decline his other acceptances that are ā€˜outā€™.

Accepted into kinesiology on 2/28 and committed. deferred EA OOS. 34 act 98/100 gpa

@michigangirl24 congrats My son was also accepted kinesiology oos last week (deferred ea). Wish we could commit since Michigan is top choice but have to wait on financial aid from them and a couple full scholarship opportunities at state school

@snakster and @Tabitha18 I worked hard too and so have all the students on here your kids are not alone we are all in this craziness. I do think my pulling may help someone else who wants a school more than me, so I have pulled a couple before getting the decision. I donā€™t need to know about some decisions but that is me we all have different views.

On the 2021 deferred thread there was a mid March wave where a good amount of lsa and other schools heard. I think it was like March 10. Does anyone think that this could maybe be a possibility this year? Kind of a stretch I know

3/10/17 was the March wave. There was no wave released on Friday 2/24 or 3/3. So, no, if youā€™re asking me.

All top schools protect yield. Thereā€™s nothing new about the concept, but thereā€™s plenty of high stat students that are accepted too, including my kid in EA back in December 2017. UMich isnā€™t going to fill each class with only super high stat students. Thatā€™s not their aim in crafting a class. Essays matter a lot to UMich too.

The average uwGPA is 3.9 with the 25/75 for ACT of 32-35 and SAT of 1,380-1,540. Iā€™ll bet UMich thinks once you hit a certain milestone with stats, then itā€™s all about the rest of the app.

@sushiritto Someone posted last year on Tuesday saying they got accepted following the wave the Friday before probably not like though this year

My son receive a letter today that he did not receive an engineering scholarship he applied for.

He applied EA but was deferred and has still not heard back. Why would they reply about a scholarship before even knowing if he is accepted?

any thoughts?

I believe you, but one or two people donā€™t make a wave. Also, that person may have just checked their portal on the Tuesday after the wave. There are sometimes a couple of outlier acceptances between the 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1 waves, I never denied that. But UMich also has more schools than just LSA and CoE. Nursing, Kinesiology, SMTD, Taubman, etc. have their own admission timelines.

If I were still waiting, then Iā€™d focus on the March 27th date. So far, UMich LSA/CoE has timed their waves with the Ross BBA dates. Last year as well. But thatā€™s just me.

Iā€™ll repost this info.

Here are the %'s for the prior year(s) April 1st wave here on this website. Keep in mind CC is a small sample size consisting of high stat applicants. Of course, yield has been climbing in the last few years too.

There are always students accepted between waves for the last 3-4 years that I have observed. But as stated that doesnā€™t make a wave.

One of my Dā€™s friend received rejection yeaterday! so i do believe there are some rejections/Acceptance between Waves.

On your guysā€™ portals, did the LOCI disappear? Mine disappeared and it now says that no further action is required. Does anyone still have the LOCI option on their portal? Please respond to this comment, I am trying not to read too much into portal changes but Iā€™d like to hear what your guysā€™ portals look like right now

LOCI option removed as soon as it was submitted (back in January). Now it just has no further action with deferred info in the field below.

I didnā€™t apply EA and I didnā€™t have any significant updates, so I never submitted a LOCI, but the option to submit a LOCI has disappeared

Just asking here because Iā€™m not that well-versed in how college decisions work. I applied for Early Decision and got postponed to Regular Decision. Still waiting on a response.

I have a 3.8 GPA, 33 ACT, and felt I had some solid essays. Iā€™ve taken AP and IB Classes, got a 4 on my AP Physics 1 test. College Calculus, and take Engineering classes at a special building for half the day. Im out of state as well.

Michigan is easily my number one choice, but Iā€™m worried as I havenā€™t been contacted by them for a decision and Iā€™d really hate to be rejected. Whatā€™re the statistics for decisions in this final month stretch? Iā€™m applying for the College of Engineering.

Got accepted to LSA for Econ on 2/28/20. Still waiting on Ross preferred admission decision.
GPA UW: 3.92
GPA W: 4.57
OOS (NC)
SAT: 1510