Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

there were rejections in my school yesterday as well

See Post #1412. Unfortunately, the probability of acceptance decreases further now. But thereā€™s still a chance for everyone remaining w/o a decision.

@Thinkbigger and @Max2020 ā€¦Just out of curiosity what state are you in?

^^

@sunkissedskidoo Nj

@sunkissedskidoo Also NJā€¦nearly everyone is still deferred

The latest CDS for 2019-2020 (Class of 2023) is now finally available.

For this thread, I think the most important stat is last yearā€™s waitlist stats:

A much lower % than prior years.

https://obp.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/pubdata/cds/cds_2019-2020_umaa.pdf

The waves seem like they had less people this year, as so many people are still deferred. Maybe they will do a giant wave at end of March to protect yield?

12000 offered waitlist is just not niceā€¦

@sunshinestateg. yeaā€¦ hoping for Giant wave.

@sunshinestateg why would they do a big wave ā€œto protect yieldā€? how would that protect yield?

Fully expecting waitlist, based on the statistics in the link provided above, which was very informative!! A silver lining to all this delay is it has allowed us to research 2nd choice better and we are happy with this school moving forward. Not even stressing the next wave anymore.

I just received my FA aid offer and itā€™s actually terrible.

Iā€™m OOS which I knew I would have to expect worse aid since Umich is public. But I didnā€™t think it was gonna be this bad since itā€™s way worse than what the FA calculator said (yes I know the calculator isnā€™t a guarentee but itā€™s a pretty good estimate)

Iā€™m first gen & low income and our EFC is 0.

Literally I only got 25k in grants from Umich but even with FASFA (abt 7.5k a year) and a 4K ā€œvictors awardā€. I have to pay $25k a year.

Iā€™m honestly really sad and disappointed since the calculator estimated I would only have to pay around 10k after everything. ):

@HellaStressed20. Call financial aid then. They do make mistakes. Be ready to answer some financial questions so your parents might need to be around to help you. If you donā€™t have everything you need they will tell you what you need to get. Then evaluate and have another discussion. Review how you did the calculator. Did you use it correctly? Good Luck.

thank you!
Iā€™m going to submit the additional required Tax forms and then call the office and pray!

And Iā€™m pretty sure I used the calculator correctly but Iā€™ll do it again just to make sure.

@HellaStressed20. Call before submitting. So you didnā€™t say originally they wanted more information. So they gave you an estimate till they get your forms. This aid can change many times till you get your final package. Call to let them know you canā€™t attend or it would be very difficult to attend is a good thing for them to know and try to help you. Trust me they want to help you. Donā€™t just pray they will give you money. Make your case now. Their job is to get you into school. Talk about how you used the calculator. There might be other funds they can pull from.

@bartsimpson4 I mean maybe they are holding off on decisions until the end of month when HYP etc are released. It seems there are many more people this year who have not heard in the first waves.

@bartsimpson4 The due date date for LOCI was March 1st or 3rd( I donā€™t remember) for the RD. I think the LOCI disappeared bcos you can no longer submit one.

My daughter just got her acceptance to Michigan this morning - Taubman College for Architecture. Itā€™s a smaller program so likely they have their own timeline. But so glad we donā€™t have to wait for this next wave. Good luck to those still waiting.

Anyone know if thereā€™s a specific reason why so few CoE decisions have been released this year so far, or is every year like this? And does the same logic apply to CoE, where the chances of getting in are very slim now?