Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

@hnbjaz - I think you’re right…I dont have the X, and as much as I hope that it doesn’t matter, I think it does…I totally agree…when you’re dealing with 65k applications you’re right you dont have the ability to review these applications again.

@hnbjaz - Michigan/Ross is my first choice but I am mentally prepared that I need to likely move on, I think the X thing is an issue - will see obviously but I am with you.

@hnbjaz - Michigan/Ross is my first choice but I am mentally prepared that I need to likely move on, I think the X thing is an issue - will see obviously but I am with you.

I think what some of you should think about is what if you get into Michigan but not Ross?

FYI - you don’t need Ross to go into Business successfully. But you might have another affordable businesses school acceptance…

There are schools who will have ED2 decisions released next week and more students may leave the EA or RD pool. There are other EA schools that release next week as well, Purdue and Georgia Tech comes to mind for the Engineering students. Around this, I have wondered if somehow schools see, or share, or get intel from counselors on where a student applies helping them assess.

The X on fall grades could mean something, but my DD asked around with her friends/classmates who applied and non of them had the X some are the top students and others were below Michigan stats. This year all were deferred and they have never not taken anyone, but first year they didn’t accept any EA so who knows!

@Knowsstuff You are right on about Ross…My son was accepted EA to LSA but was not accepted to Ross yet still chose to Michigan over Villanova Business School. He is deciding between Economics and Financial Risk Management degree along with taking some core business classes in Ross. He likely will not even apply for a business minor, but tbd. He has a couple friends who are in Ross and they say it is very competitive and the students have very interesting and different backgrounds including many with artistic/creative backgrounds.

Don’t lose hope @DG Many deferred get accepted in the RD round.

I have been following this X very closely. This is what I know:

1. Those with X were accepted EA.
  2. Those without X were either deferred or rejected.
  3. No one with an X was deferred (correct me if I am wrong).

I agree that Umich will mark those deferred, but not with the X.

@TimeUpJunior - yeah not worried about it - too late to do anything about it lol - admitted to Wisconsin, Ohio State, Indiana, Villanova, BC, Georgia, Georgia Tech, SMU. Not worth risking direct admit to business since that’s what i want to study. All good.

Which X are you referring to?

In the EA round, those with X next to “Final HS Transcript” were accepted. Those who were either deferred or rejected did not have a line that read “Final HS Transcript.”

I believe the X other posters are currently referring to in the regular round, is next to a different line item. The X currently in question is next to “Fall Transcript” (or some such wording that indicates 1st semester senior grades.)

@curiousme2 - correct - the X in question is Fall transcript - i expect to be denied since I dont have the X. Go Buckeyes lol.

@FoxRulz . Yep. To many opportunities at Michigan to get experience. If you want it then go get it… Ross is just one avenue.

I think @DG should buy us all dinner when he/she is accepted to UMich. :wink:

@sushiritto - you’re on!!! - I dont have the X so likely out of luck unfortunately…but will know soon enough…but yes all of us deferreds likely need to have a few plan Bs ready to go…

You have more than plan Bs @DG LOL! Congrats on all the fine options with or without Umich.

If I am repeating a question already answered please let me know

I understand that the X is about the fall transcripts, but for those people who were deferred and are mentioning the X did you not have it when the Early Action decisions came out and now your page has been updated?

The fall transcript line and X is a myth.

I don’t have the fall transcript line. What does that mean?

@LandDoppp - if the theory holds this without the X/line need to give up on being a Michigan man/woman and find another school

What’s the logic behind this Fall transcript and X thing thou. I know some deferred students get in without sending their fall transcripts.

@DG I think IF the X means something next to fall grades, it is triggered by an algorithm looking solely at GPA or SAT/ACT stats. Meaning if ones GPA/SAT/ACT stats are below a certain level, the X and line item for fall grades is listed. But I don’t believe it means that they are out because there may be more behind that student than those stats and they will take a closer look before making a decision.

I do believe whatever the process is, they ultimately look at/read everyone’s application and it is more than just an algorithm. However, algorithms are used in some manner for sorting, statistical likelihood of accepting, grouping by schools/majors, coming up with a diverse student body and so on!! There is no way they could get through tens of thousands of applications without utilizing!