Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

My daughter goes to Illinois for Aerospace Eng. and loves the school! The engineering program is amazing!

@Anonymous4556 there were posts way back about source code containing words like final transcript and admit but I think all were able to view thus no tricks like the X we just have to wait

Purdue is very open and very parent friendly. A warm and welcoming place. Likely a choice between Purdue and Wisconsin for my son, although hw is hell bent on Michigan engineering, even though he is a long shot at this point. Also in at Maryland and UCSD, but lost interest in them. Love Purdue in that they seem very concerned about student success.

@500champ Purdue is an EXCELLENT engineering school and has a solid reputation in industry as such. I’m an engineer with 30+ years of experience and know and respect many, many successful Boilermakers. I was on the campus about two years ago. They have terrific lab facilities, decent dorms (same as everyone), very nice dining halls and a very new rec center with all the latest equipment. It’s in a smallish town, a little difficult to get to by plane. All in all, this is a GREAT school that provides and excellent education, with hands on opportunities and has a very well respected history in industry.

Agree whole heartedly with this. I also know many Boilermakers and they are all top notch

Of those who remain, without a decision, will accept UMich without a doubt if accepted?

@FoxRulz 10000000%. I will withdraw everything else the day of also!

me too!

Yup, me as well.

I have a long shot out there that may sway me but otherwise yes!

@FoxRulz I will also withdraw all other applications if I get in to Umich.

I am an international student and I heard rumors that due to current situation of COVID 19 and due to the fact international students can’t get VISA, unis won’t be likely to select international students or at least it will affect their decision. Is this true? I hope this is not true.

Didn’t hear that at all. Call Michigan and ask if this has any affect

Any word on decision date?

@FoxRulz depends on aid.

@FoxRulz I will literally do anything to be accepted into Umich and will give up my acceptances in a heartbeat

With all that has happened as a parent I would love even more to have my DD and DS attend the same university. My D too would absolutely accept.

Is the decision date on Friday?

That’s the rumor. They’ve been issuing decisions on the last Friday of every month, so that would indicate this Friday.

has to come before April 1, so we will definitely know by the end of the weekend