Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

Waitlisted
LSA (Econ)
Deferred from EA
OOS (CA)
1480 SAT
3.6UW, 3.9W
Legacy
Pretty strong EC’s (4 years of student gov, 4 years varsity golf + 2 years as captain, 600+ community service hours)

I did accept the waitlist spot because UMich is one of my top choices, but I’m still waiting on NYU decisions to commit somewhere else first. There’s still hope for me I guess. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Son deferred EA. Accepted into LSA! OOS . Does anyone see the financial aid information?

waitlisted for college of engineering

personally, I won’t accept the waitlist offer and I recommend that you guys don’t either. there is no point in accepting it when so many ppl are waitlisted and the chance last year of getting off was 2%. It’ll probably only go down this year to be honest with the huge amount of people getting waitlisted.

Its time to move on and get excited about your current choices, not chase a pipe dream at some college.

Waitlisted
Male
EA deferred
LSA
In state
33 ACT 35 superscore
3.7 UW
Chances aren’t looking too hot ngl

Waitlisted

Nicest.rejection letter.ever.

Seriously, class act Michigan. So many brag & brag about the “competition”. Michigan’s letter more heart felt.

Anyone else have not seen their decision - I am from New York.

I don’t have the exact stats at my fingertips, but last year’s April 1 wave broke down ROUGHLY (rounding) as follows:

Acceptances 20%
Waitlists 40%
Rejections 40%

Waitlisted LSA
Environmental Studies Major

UW GPA 3.77
W GPA 4.10
ACT 33

3 yrs Youth & Gov w/ various roles, 13 yrs ballet, 9 yrs piano, summer job as billing secretary, TeenLine volunteer 3 yrs 250+ hours, 50+ hours volunteer tutoring, heal the bay volunteer coordinator

OOS, Large public hs
white female

my personal statement was good but a little short, probably an 8/10. my why michigan was not the best (i was confused on what to write) probably a 6.5/10. my activity mini essay i’d rate a 9/10 and my community essay about my teenline community i’d give an 8.5/10

accepted my spot on the waitlist, one of my top two choices so we will see!

accepted to: ucsb, ucsd, uc davis, ucsc, uw madison
rejected from: ucla, uc berkeley

Is anyone planning on submitting LOCI? I know they do not want additional documents but I’ve seen people of Class of 2023 do it.

Accepted LSA
Female
GPA 3.69
420 on both SAT Math and Reading
Out of state

(my b guys if I waited three minutes I could have posted that at 420)

Accepted LSA!!
Deferred EA
Bio major
OOS White Female (NJ)
SAT: 1450 / ACT:32
UW gpa 3.82, but I think when they recalculate it would be 3.93
Decent ecs, but had strong bio and neuroscience ones which probably helped
Choosing now between Michigan and McGill!

Accepted LSA OOS (Ohio)
32 act (34 superscore)
4.53 w 3.95 uw
Rank 19/470
Many extracurriculars

Waitlisted - Kinesiology Deferred EA
OOS - SoCal
1440 SAT
4.4 w GPA
3 sport athlete
NAF Medical Academy

waitlisted at 5 of 10 schools… rejected from 3, accepted at 2

Does anybody know when Ross will come out? I just got accepted into LSA today, and I’m wondering if I have to wait till the next wave (April 17th) of Ross to hear back. Is it possible to be admitted to LSA and Ross in the same day??

Waitlisted
LSA (Chemistry)
OOS (VA)
3.97UW/4.34W
1320 SAT
Top 5% of class
All my ECs and work experiences related to swimming in one way or another.

Knew it was a long-shot going in. I’ll probably reject the offer because I got a sizable scholarship from UMN. Congrats to those who were accepted!

Accepted LSA! (comp sci)
in state
3.657 uw
1390 sat
ranked 50 out of 220 ish
Strong comp sci ec’s, 4 year varsity athlete with decent amount of individual awards and was a captain for multiple years
Believe my ‘community’ essay did it. My mom is from Madagascar and I milked that pretty hard

Funny story I actually submitted my deposit at like 9 this morning because of the link haha. So I committed before I actually knew I was accepted.

Waitlisted
EA deferred
1510 SAT
4.4 GPA
Lots of extra curricular, varsity sports, service hours, Hopkins summer class, science awards and research.

Disappointed

Everyone it is helpful to include BOTH Unweighted GPA and stats like Act and or Sat for future use.

Congrats to everyone for getting a decision.

If accepted Go Blue!

If wait listed. You NEED to accept a school of your choice before May 1st. If you find out in May, June, July that you were accepted then you can make the change. You will lose your current deposit but I hear LOTS of schools are delaying the deposits due to the Covid 19… Fyi.

For those denied. You have other great schools to go to. Be proud and excited for those choices ?

Waitlisted LSA
Applied EA, deferred
In-state
weighted GPA 4.047
SAT 1270
Felt that essays were really strong
Lots of extracurriculars
White female
Idk what else I need to put? lol

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

Have not seen any decision - is that nornal?