Class of 2025 Admissions Decisions

Son got in too! OOS for Engineering-Aerospace and was awarded $10,000/year! Very happy. Congrats all!

2 Likes

can i ask if it is this portal:
govols.utk.edu/portal/status
??

Same here! School of Nursing under further review. I was pleasantly surprised with the $15k x 4 Beacon Scholarship. Hoping that bodes well for her nursing chances. Best of luck to your girl as well!

1 Like

thank you is that the correct site though?

I got in, but I didn’t get accepted into the Honors College. I’m really bummed and surprised, considering that I am in-state, 32 SS, and 3.96 UW. Oh well :frowning: Congrats to everyone!

I just got accepted to Mechanical Engineering:
Hispanic OOS
1340 SAT
3.68 WGPA
4 APs
Captain of 2 sports teams
My GPA is a bit low but I think my essays were a great help.

2 Likes

Where do you see scholarship info?

Got accepted into Nuclear Engineering!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Log out and log back in. And if that doesn’t work - try a completely different browser. (So if you are using Chrome - switch to Firefox or IE, etc.

1 Like

It is written in the letter of acceptance.

My daughter got deferred to regular decision and they have asked for fall grades, new SAT scores if available and any other supporting document. This was a stretch school for her so I am not surprised. I had to go into her actual application to find this information. We had no countdown clock and only a slate # on the check application status page.

3 Likes

Accepted OOS! 15k/yr and Chancellor’s honors

3 Likes

My son got in with the $5000 in state volunteer scholarship and Chancellor’s Honors. Not sure all the benefits of Honors but I know he is interested in the LLC and some of the other opportunities. (I do wish it came with a little extra $$$$) :slightly_smiling_face:

It is the only place he wanted to go so nice to have it done. Congrats to all and best wishes if deferred!

3 Likes

I got in to my first choice major (English), chancellors honors, and the $72k beacon scholarship!!! so excited ahhh

4 Likes

D21 Accepted! OOS, hispanic, Biology, 1310 SAT, 4.4 GPA, 1794 Scholars Program and $10K per year merit. Congrats to all!

3 Likes

My daughter is in too! Accepted to the business school with $40k scholarship!

OOS
1340 SAT/29 ACT
4.21 GPA
7 AP’s, the rest honors
Several honor society memberships, EC’s, volunteer hours, etc.

Best of luck to those who were deferred. My daughter was deferred from one of her top two, so she’s crossing her fingers - but she does love UT!

2 Likes

Thank you!! D was offered the Beacon $15k/year as well so that is part one of the huge sigh of relief (part two will be when we hear on her nursing decision). This is her top school so of course we want this to work out. I am intrigued with this process though - someone my D knows was accepted directly into nursing and was only offered $6k/year, so I assume lower stats than what our girls have based on the merit. I am sure plenty deserving either way but now I’m curious what the criteria is/was for auto admit? We will probably never know! :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

S21 accepted!

Chemistry/Physics
Instate
Chancellors Honors Program
3.9 UW
1570 SAT/36 ACT
$8k/yr Volunteer + $3500/yr HOPE, should get the $2k/yr Provost

Now if he’ll just finish his Haslam & Competitive Scholarship apps by tomorrow’s deadline :wink:

That’s a surprise. My D19 was 32 & a little lower GPA ~3.7 unweighted. She had a single D (horrible teacher) her jr yr of HS which we think kept her out of Honors. Did you have anything like that?

does anyone know if i can get awarded a scholarship later on once I get my gpa to 3.8 and input my SAT scores? i think i’ll be able to be eligible for the volunteer scholarship by spring.