Class of 2025 Admissions Decisions

Has your son submitted the Competitive Scholarship app? Due tomorrow. It can put him in the running for some more $$$

From our perspective, one of the biggest Honors benefits is early registration. That was an ongoing issue for S21’s older sisters at UT.

Congrats to all who are accepted! My D was deferred - entirely expected. Glad she’s still in the running.

1 Like

I don’t know the Nursing admit process. Was the $6k/yr for instate or OOS?

No, I did not have any inconsistencies on my application. All DE/AP/Honors courses in context of my school, good letters of rec, and good ECs (lead in drama program, student council officer, mayor’s youth council member, writing center student director, hamilton county youth court advocate). Guess it wasn’t in the cards for me

We are OOS. (I am also correcting myself - my D received the Volunteer scholarship of $15K/year, not the Beacon. Her friend that I referenced in my earlier post received the Beacon scholarship for $6k/year. I think the Beacon is for those who went in test-optional.)

1 Like

Weird. Sounds like you’d be a shoe in. otoh, I know plenty of awesome UT students who have thrived and not been in honors programs. Even know a few who dropped out of the program after a year or 2. Plenty of opportunity in Knoxville for a bright, motivated student like you!

I think I read that you can also apply for some honors programs once you’re a UT student. I kind of regret not pushing my daughter to apply honors, but Haslam Business has its own honors leadership program that she can apply to during her freshman year, so hopefully she will do that. Our tour guide was in that program and spoke highly of it. It includes study abroad.

My son’s friend has a 32 ACT and also did not get into Honors. She has tons of leadership and community service but her school did not offer APs or many honors or de classes. But I was very surprised that she didn’t get into any of the honors programs. She is going to have her school guidance counselor look into it. Maybe there are still invitations to the programs that could come even if you weren’t in the first batch? I don’t really know much about it but I was surprised.

He has. He also submitted the Haslam essay but I know that is a long long shot.

Early registration is a great perk I am sure.

1 Like

I assume based on all these responses that if the letter didn’t say he got into Honors, than it’s a no go there? He is happy to be accepted in the Aerospace program with a scholarship for OOS, but was a little bummed about the Honors.

Some of the discrepancies in admissions to Honors may be related to which Honors program the student applied. Some admit fewer students than others. D21 admitted to Haslam College of Business with $10k/yr scholarship, but apparently didn’t get the Honors Leadership Program (I’m assuming it would have been in the acceptance letter if it was coming). Older D18 got into 1794 Scholars three years ago with a similar test score but lower grades/rigor.

Congratulations to everyone, good luck to those deferred, and Go Vols!

2 Likes

I just got accepted to the School of Architecture + the 1794 Scholars Program! So excited!

Stats:
National Merit Semifinalist
34 ACT
4.0 NWGPA
2 CLEP Courses
ECs: Scouts, Robotics Team, Volunteer Work, Summer Camp Staff

Does anyone know when the decisions for the competitive scholarships come out? UT is definitely my 1st choice, but even with the 8k/yr scholarship offered, the cost is still prohibitive.

Looking forward to seeing all of you next fall, assuming everything goes well! Best of luck to anyone still waiting on decisions.

1 Like

My son was also deferred, so he will ask for a couple of additional rec letters, and try to finish the semester strong. Good luck to your daughter. At least the decision date isn’t March!

1 Like

Thanks and fingers crossed for your son, too.

My son is a freshman NE major at UTK. If you have any questions, let me know.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when competitive scholarships are usually announced? I realize the application is just due today so it will be awhile. I just wondered about a rough timeframe. I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Recommendations aren’t due until January 5, so I’d imagine at least a few weeks after that.

2 Likes

Not sure. May daughter just informed me she was accepted, but still pending for the architecture school.

Got our acceptance letter and card in the mail today! Did you “WOO”? :wink:

4 Likes

No, my son and daughter were both accepted but are not in the directory.