Class of 2026 Undergrad/Class of 2024 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

My son is in for Music Ed/Performance at Ithaca. He only applied to two music schools, Ithaca and Lawrence, because he wasn’t sure what he wanted to study.

7 Likes

Hey, we are not all moms, lol.

13 Likes

Acceptance just in for DS at UMich SMTD for cello performance. He applied for the dual degree with the LSA but hasn’t heard from them yet.

24 Likes

That’s HUGE! Congratulations! :partying_face::tada: If you have any UMich cello- specific questions, @tableforsix is an excellent resource.

1 Like

Here as well, daughter, for violin performance.

16 Likes

Wow. Amazing. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congrats on the UMich acceptances, really happy for your kids.

4 Likes

WOW!! Way to go!! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats!! Big accomplishment!!!

2 Likes

I actually loved Baldwin Wallace when my daughter auditioned there—it has a different feel than some other schools; students especially were very welcoming to my D during her visit day.

2 Likes

My son really likes it, too; it seems like it would be a friendly, supportive place for him.

1 Like

My daughter ended up at a similarly supportive community near home (Luther College) but Baldwin Wallace was her second choice! We have fond memories of our visits with students and faculty there.

On the other hand, with family ill, she was glad to be near home and we have been very impressed with all Luther does for its music students. She is getting an awesome education.

4 Likes

Did Umich release offers for all majors and programs?

I think they only released SMTD yesterday.

I don’t remember if this was the case for SMTD, but we’ve not infrequently had the experience of different studios/instruments releasing at different times. Different days even. I know it’s nearly impossible, but when in doubt, try not to panic. There is always the chance that news is still coming.

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea when Eastman might release decisions?

2 Likes

We are anxiously waiting, too! Their website says anytime between 3/15-4/15. I looked up when last year’s decisions started to come in and it was 3/13.

2 Likes

got into DM at IU yay

24 Likes

Congratulations!!

I had been thinking, based on my sleuthing through old threads, that Bard decisions would likely to come out today. But now I’m thinking it might be NEXT Monday instead–looks like it’s been the 3rd Monday of the month the past few years. Does anyone have more official information?

1 Like